SANDIPTA vs PRIYANKA IV - Middleweights - 16/06/2018

ramseyrule87
Advanced Member
ramseyrule87
Advanced Member

Jun 12 2018, 13:21 #1

In March of 2015, glamboxing fans voted on the hottest rivalry in the International Glamboxing League (IGL).  Results were definitive and left no room for doubt.  The brutal highly vitriolic rivalry of Sandipta "Bullet" Verma and Priyanka "Tigress" Karna reigned supreme.

And for good reason.

These two middleweights faced each other in three fights spanning just a little over a year.  All three bouts had a significant prize to them, the IGL Indian Middleweight Title.  Some may scoff at a national belt, but to these two beautiful Indian boxers, it's no joke.

It's more important than the World Title.

The first match was held in April of 2014.  Sandipta was a fresh faced 20-year-old boxer in only her sixth match while the undefeated champion, the 24-year-old Priyanka, came in with more experience and arguably harder fists.  And the champ proved that in the first fight.  Priyanka spent the majority of the fight dominating the younger, lighter, Sandipta.  Precise body punches dropped "Bullet" to the canvas and vicious shots to the face mangled the pretty girl from Kolkata.  But what Sandipta lacked in power she made up for in heart.  She rallied in the final rounds of the match, pummeling the champion until a picture-perfect cross caught the "Tigress" on the jaw, leaving her flat on her back and stripped of her title belt.

Fans would be waiting for nearly a year before a rematch.  Sandipta took on a whirlwind fight schedule, going international, vacating the Indian belt to do so.  She would finally taste defeat at the hands of Knockout artist Arleen Bland, but she quickly bounced back, becoming a dominant force in the European circuit, capturing the European title.  However, a hand injury forced the champion to once again vacate her title and when she returned to the ring, her old nemesis was waiting.  While she'd fought her way across Europe, Priyanka conquered the subcontinent of India, recapturing her Indian title.  For her next title defense, she wanted only one fight.  Sandipta.

The second fight was just as brutal as the first.  Sandipta's skill as a boxer had grown, her defence and accuracy where much better than before and she kept the champion on her toes.  But the power and skill of Priyanka was too much.  After an early back and forth, the champion took control of the fight, bombarding the challenger with stiff shots to the head and jaw.  She wore down the younger resiliant fighter, breaking her nose and beating her up.  By the end of the fight, Sandipta's gloves were down and the only thing keeping her on her feet were the ropes.  Priyanka's previous defeat had been avenged with a dominant beating of Sandipta.

A third match wasn't even in question.

Two months later, the two princesses of Indian glamboxing met to determine, once and for all, who was queen.  And unlike their previous encounters, Sandipta was game to give Priyanka a real fight.  And she delivered.  For five rounds, the two women battered each other back and forth, leather pounding on sweat slicked bodies, cracking against jaw bones.  But it some became clear that the champ was fading.  An left hook cascaded across Priyanka's face, shattering her nose and leaving her woozy.  Sandipta took two rounds to pulverize her greatest rival, ending the fight with a savage left uppercut to the chin.  Priyanka, once again, fell to her back.  She tried valiantly to rise, but her body had had enough.  Once more, Sandipta had knocked out Priyanka and the Indian title was draped around her waist.

Three years have passed since then and glamboxing has changed.  Both these champions have changed.

Sandipta would go on to win the IGL World Middleweight Championship twice, defeating the likes of Arleen Bland, Clarissa Jackson, and Jeannine Lockheart.  But she has also seen horrid setbacks, having lost four bouts since then and all three by very ugly knockouts – the latest of which saw her utterly helpless against Patrizia Dal Ben and Claudia Ziegler.

Priyanka would fight twice more in India, then strike out into the world.  She fought strong competition – with mixed success.  But a recent knockout of middleweight journeywoman boxer Jeanine Lockheart has turned several eyes onto the Tigress.

Glamboxing has changed.  The two fighters have changed...

The rivalry still endures.

Priyanka's Thoughts on the Fight

Please tell us about your international fights.

"It's been interesting, fighting outside of India.  My competition has been a marked improvement.  I wouldn't say they're top teir, but girls like Juanita and Callamay gave me good fights.  I came up short against an old veteran, Antonella Crimi – who's learned to throw a punch like a middleweight finally – but dominating Jeanine felt good... REALLY good!"

Let's talk about your last match and the knockout.  Walk us through it.

"Not much to walk through.  Jeanine was a good boxer... five years ago maybe?  Since then?  She's turned into a tomato can.  I could tell early on she had some good strong punches, but she started sucking air real early in the third.  All I had to do was knock her with just a couple punches and she was out of it.  I wanted to keep beating her up until the seventh round, but the old girl couldn't take my punches and was kissing the canvas in the sixth.  That's how I roll - I wear you out, I beat the hell out of you, and then I knock your ass out."

Is that what you plan to do with Sandipta?

"It isn't a plan, it's GOING to happen.  I am going to get in that ring with that overhyped loser and show the world she can't box worth nothing."

Sandipta's a former world champion...

"Really?  Is she world champion now?  No, she’s not.  Do you know why?  Cause she's a coward.  Yeah, you heard me.  She's a coward.  She beats me the first time, then goes and fights some nobody from Canada, then gets her ass kicked by Arleen.  She goes and beats up little girls and old gals, before getting in the ring with me again and I whip her like a dog!  She gets her immediate rematch and yeah, she lands a few lucky punches and knocks me out again, but then what does she do?  She gets an immediate world title shot and fights like a pansy against Arleen.  She stayed away from the champ, cause any time they traded punches, Arleen had her hurting.  She wins the title, and fights a bunch of greenhorns and old hags, then gets a rematch with Arleen... and Arleen makes her look like a chump!  She beat her so bad, she couldn't beat a little girl who knocked her out in Italy.  Then she comes back, beating up some more nobodies, gets the belt back... and a 44-year-old woman beats the shit out of her!  And in her last fight?  Pfft!  That wasn't a fight.  That was Claudia using Sandipta as an ugly middleweight punching bag!"

So how does this make her a coward?

"You don't see it?  When she gets fights that are safe, easy.  Any time she's in the ring with a REAL woman, she gets mangled.  That's the difference between us.  I'm a REAL WOMAN and she's a LITTLE GIRL!  I'm going to get into the ring, rearrange her ugly little face, and have her kissing the mat!"

And the Indian Title?

"India has been without a Middleweight Champion for too long.  And I will be damned if I let my homeland be represented in IGL by a pathetic excuse of a boxer!"

Sandipta's Thoughts on the Fight

You've been in a bit of a rut lately.  How are you feeling?

"To say I'm massively disappointed in myself would be an understatement.  I was woefully unprepared for the tenacity and viciousness of Patrizia and Claudia.  I didn't consider them a threat and they punished me for it.  Claudia especially – I barely remember the final round of our fight.  But I know I'm better than that and I will be better in the ring for this fight... not that I'll need to be."

Your thoughts on Priyanka?

"If I were honest, you wouldn't be able to print what I think of that cow.  I have fought her 3 times already  and I beat her twice.  How many times do I need to pummel her ugly face in before she realiazes I am BETTER than her?  And before you ask, no I don't think three years of experience fighting International glamboxers has helped her.  I mean, what has she changed up?  She's still a big dumb bully in the boxing ring who THINKS her punches her hard stuff.  But hit her with a couple of powderpuff punches and she starts shaking in her stockings.  God, why am I wasting my time with this loser?"

You're confident in a win?

"I'm not only confident, I am down right certain I will win.  I am downright certain, Priyanka is going to be flat on her back at the end of this fight... where she belongs!"

How are you going to change up your fight plan?

"Not much I need to change.  I know I can hit harder than her.  It'll just take one our two good shots early to have her fold in half.  Question is do I wanna end the fight early or toy with her?  She's fun to beat up, so maybe the fans wanna see me bloody her face and break her jaw... THEN knock her ass out."

What did you think of Priyanka's latest fight?

"Nothing special.  Yeah, she won by KO, but lets be honest, Jeanine is not what I'd call 'A-Tier' contender.  So if she thinks those kind of wussy punches will work against me, then she's ugly AND stupid."

Any other predictions for the fight?[

"Just a couple.  Fans, you WILL see Priyanka bleed like the pig she is.  You WILL see her beaten and broken.  You WILL see me knock her out.  And you WILL see me with the Indian Championship belt around my waist!"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Griffy
Advanced Member
Griffy
Advanced Member

Jun 12 2018, 17:36 #2

Ramsey,
That was a tremendous interview.  One can easily determine that these two countrywomen are not best of friends.  Even though this match up needs no hype to add to its luster you've magnified the anticipation many-fold in my mind.  I don't know where they will find a big enough venue to accommodate all the fans who want to attend in person.  I'd sure like to be there, but not too close to the ring where I might get splattered with blood. Maybe viewing it on TV or the internet would be safer.   I can't imagine this fight going the distance.  My prediction is a sixth round knockout by Priyanka after a boxing classic slug-fest.  

nonobox
Advanced Member
nonobox
Advanced Member

Jun 13 2018, 22:49 #3

I think the fight is very close because Sandipta has her repertoire that has given her many fruits in the past and she is not going to be lost and with respect to priyanka she is not going to give up her arm and can give a little surprise.

subhadip
Advanced Member
subhadip
Advanced Member

Jun 20 2018, 20:30 #4

ONE TWO THREE.....THREE TWO ONE....ZERO....SANDIPTA FISSED BY PRIYANKA IN THE TITLE MATCH :

Priyanka : I am thrilled, I am amazed, I am on my toes, I have waited three long years for this coveted day. Now it should be my time.

Sandipta : I have to win today. I have to start afresh. Luckily I have Priyanka in front of me. I believe I can win.

Priyanka : I don't like that girl at all, that stupid rat. I will pulverize that girl and beat her to the pulp.Come on Nany, You owe me a beatdown. See me see my muscles. See my work of art as a body, see my fists. These will hurt you big time today.

Sandipta : Look at me puppy see me, I see fear in your eyes . You understand , when I will beat you and deliver the worst beating in your life you will understand.

The Announcer : Here I present , on my left standing in the blue corner , the former Indian Champion with an impressive record of 7 Knockouts the TIGRESSA "PRIYANKA KARNAAAAAAAA"

Here on my right standing in the red corner, the former Indian, European and World Champion, with an impressive record of 19 wins 8 of them by KO "BULLET" "SANDIPTA VERRRRMAAAAA"

Referee : Girls , shake hands, remember to obey my instructions, break when I say break, always protect yourself , best of luck, touch gloves.

Priyanka : Huh...I will kill you..

Sandipta : Call your mummy to take you home..

ROUND 1 :

Sandipta : Bap Bap Bap...how do you like the jabs...you ugly girl...

Priyanka  : Bap...ugh...ugh....bap...ugh...let me get out of this...need to keep my head for sure...

Sandipta : Bap...bap...see nany how much as you take , I can hit you all day...bap bap...

Priyanka : ugh...she has started well....let me change my stance...ahh she missed...now its my turn...bap...bap

Sandipta : ugh...hey that is so sudden...ugh...that hits...I have to hit more...

"Move your head Sandy...Move your head"

Sandipta : need to hit...need to hit more ...oof oof...missed...oof...

SANDIPTA JABS PRIYANKA STRAIGHT IN THE FACE

Sandipta : oof..off...baap...yaa nany you hurt ...that hurt...bap...oof...oof...crumbs leave me...holding you coward...

Priyanka : uugggh...didn't see that...ugh...crumbs...need to clinch...no no...

Sandipta : let me free...now ...bap..uggh...

Priyanka : landed a blow on the body...bap bap...

DINg DING....End of Round 1....

Sandipta Corner : Good start Sandy....move your head...stay focused..you win this round...

Sandipta : I will kill that girl...you see....I will knock her out...

Corner : Hey ...control your aggression...take round by round...

Priyanka Corner : Priyanka, well you lost this round...but she is not moving her head...remember we go down...one two...up one two...and you see..

Priyanka : Yes...I will beat that girl..that stupid girl....

ROUND 2 :

Sandipta : Her you go..oof ...off..missed both...bap..oof ooof....missing...

priyanka : How do you feel...ugh...bap bap bap.....oof...bapbap bap.....

Sandipta : ugh ugh ...oof...ugh ugh....bap...oof..oof...ugh...gotta hit her...ugh..she...is..hitting...

CRACK...PRIYANKA DRAWS FIRST BLOOD AS A CUT OPENS ON SANDIPTA'S EYES...

Priyanka : bap bap...bap bap....booom....she is cut...nany...now you see....

Sandipta : ugh...ugh...I smell blood...it is mine...I am cut...ugh...she is hitting hard....

SANDIPTA FIGHTS BACK WITH ONE OF HER UPPERCUTS....

Sandipta : Ugh...she is comin in...boom...bap... I hit her...she is done...you ugly girl...how it feels...bap...

Priyanka : uugggh...how did it come..it hurt...lets clinch..oof oof....

"Break"..

Thats it Round 2..

Sandipta's corner : Hey you are cut...why not you move your head....move your head....

Sandipta : Stop the blood, I will kill that girl..youwill see more blood...

priyanka's corner : Hey keep your defence intact...you win this round...she is not moving well...one two..one two up...

ROUND 3

Priyanak : Bap bap....good start eh...bap bap bap.....

Sandipta : Uggh..ugh ugh...she is hitting me everytime...oof...bap..ugh ugh...it hurts...

Priyanka : Bap Baap...bap bap....how do you like you coward....bap bap...

Sandipta : ugh ugh...need to clinch...ugh ..body punches...uff it hurts..break ....break you idiot...

PRIYANKA CONTINUED TO HURT SANDIPTA WITH STINGING JABS...

Priyanka : Bap bap...how it feels...baap baap...boom boom....I hurt her....

Sandipta : It is hurting let me clinch...boom...it hurts ufff...she is boom...

PRIYANKA HURT SANDIPTA WITH HUGE CROSSES AND COMBINATIONS....

Priyanak : Eat this you coward...boom...boom...boom...

Sandipta : uffff...gh...ugggh..crack....it is...boom....Bhoom..

"SANDIPTA IS DOWN......."

SANDIPTA IS DOWN BY A HARD CROSS>>>BATTERED....

Priyanka : Stay down you ugly girl otherwise I will kill you...

Sandipta : Ufff...it is very hard...uff...

Sandipta : Need to get up...my face is like...uff..reeling...

"ARE YOU OK...COME IN...RAISE YOUR HANDS..."

Sandipta : Yee--Yes...

DINg DING..

Sandipta's Corner : Sandy you listen...I told you to move your head...do you hear me.....do you hear me...

Sandipta : Yes..she is hitting hard...I have to come harder...

Corner : No you won't...sustain..listen..>Sandy listen...

Sandipta : I know what to do...

Priyanka's Corner : Great priyanka Carry on...she is hurt...get her in this round...

Priyanka : Wait let me hit her few more times....

Corner : No...get her...she is yours..

ROUND 4

Priyanka : Off Ooof ..bap bap....coward brute...hit me...can't you...

Sandipta : Ugh...she is getting in...lets clinch....

Priyanka : Coward...break the clinch...boof...bap bap...break the clinch...

Sandipta : No...clinch...

"Break"

Sandipta : Need to stay away...

Priyanka : Why running away...you cowardly brute...come on in..come on...oof...off....come on...why shying away...fight with me...

Sandipta : throw some jabs..oof..oof....stay away....bap...oof...

Priyanka : You donkey coward girl....come on...fight me can't you...you donkey...

"No Sandipta Stay Away....Stay away....keep your defence tight...stay away..."

priyanka : Run away ..you idiot...and go to your mummy....

Sandipta : You idiot...you wanna fight...hh--uu--hh here...bap...boom...bap..bam bam....you wwwaaaant mmmore..bam bamm..

Priyanka : ugh...yah now it is...come on...bap bap...booom...booom...

Sandipta : ugh...hhhuuhh...hhhuhhh..it hurts...I am tired....its hot....hhuhh...

PRIYANKA BREAKS SANDIPTA'S NOSE WITH A HUGE UPPERCUT AND HURTS HER BIG TIME

Priyanka : Come in Come in...boom boom...

Sandipta : yyyahah...ugghh ughhh...

"Stay away Sandy...move your head...move your head...hands up..stay away..."

Priyanka : BOOOOM....BOOM...BAAAM...

Sandipta : Ugggh...Uffff...UUUWWWaaah...

THUDDDD...

SANDIPTA GOES DOWN FOR THE SECOND TIME ...BADLY HURT...BRUISED AND BLEEDING...

Refree : Go to the neutral corner...go ...go....

Sandipta : OOOF....it hhhhurts..my heeeaaad...mmmy nooose..legs...hurts...

Corner : Sandy ...stay...stay...rise slowly....Sandy we can't go down...Sandy...

Priyanka : Rest in Peace Nany...you coward..if you dare to get up I promise I will send you to the beating hell....

Sandipta : uuup ...uup....

DING DING...

Sandipta : I can hear bell..is it over? No the round ends....

Priyanka : Curse my luck...well....more beating to come..

Sandipta's Corner : Sandy you hurt...you listen...we go all in...Sandy you listen...

Sandipta : IIIIt isss vvery hooot...my hhhead....mmmy nnnosse....I caan't

Corner : Sandy last time...we become champ...you the champ....

Sandipta : nnno...I ccann't ...III...

Corner : You want to go down agaiinst priyanka...Priyanka..are you serious?

Sandipta : nNNNo...YYe...No....III am going innn...wwater...waater..

Referee : Is she fine? Everything ok?

Corner : Yes...sir...she is ready..

priyanka's Corner : Priyannka...one more round...she is almost out...

priyanka : Wait before I deliver her the worst beating....

Corner : No..say as I do...don't push it...

ROUND 5

Sandipta : UUf..bbaahhp..baahffp...

priyanka : What are you doing coward...see your face busted up huh...bap bap...eat these...

Sandipta : ugh ugh...

Priyanka : Take these...your husband won't recognize you..bap bap...bap...

Sandipta : ugh..clinn..ugh ugh...

"Sandy move your head come on..come on in..."

"Priyanka finsih her..she is hurt...her hands are down...Priyanka....one two...she is hurt..."

PRIYANKA LANDS A HUGE RIGHT CROSS AND A UNSTABLE...HURT...BRUISED....DISMANTLED SANDIPTA IS IN BIG TROUBLE...

Sandipta : uuugh..uugh...ufff..

Priyanka : How long you want to take beating huh.....bap...boom...boom....

"Finish her priyanka...What are you doing she is hurt...Knock her Out....Finish her..."

Priyanka : oops piggy...now I should end this....boom boom boom..."BOOOOOM"

Sandipta : I ...clin....uuugh...ugggh..uuugh..."CRRRRRRACCCK"

A HURT , DISORIENTED BLOODY AND BRUISED PULVERISED SANDIPTA LIED UNCONSCIOUS ON THE CANVAS

"THHHUUUUUUDDDDDDD"

Sandipta's Corner : Get up Sandy ...get up...we can't go down like this...Sandy......

Priyanka's Corner : Priyanka.....OOOOOOOOUUUUUUUU...Great...she is out...I seeee...

Priyanka : Call your mummy...you ugly girl...you coward....you idiot...remember this beating you stupid....call your papa...call your mummy tell them to take you....you idiot...you rest in peace and do not dare to show your dirty ugly messed up face

Referee : Go to the neutral corner...go there..go there...

10!

OUUUT

Priyanka : YYeeeeah...I have beaten that coward girl.....I am the champ...you hear idiot...I am the CHAMP...

referee : Doctor...Doctor...come here...
Corner : Call the doctor....

Sandipta : UUUUUUUNNNNNNNUUUUUUNN.....UUUUUUUNNNNNNUUUUNNNNN...

Doctor : I see ...I think...she is out...she is out...We need her in the clinic....call a car....

Sandipta : UUUUUUUUNNNNNNN.....MMMUUUUMNNNNNN...

Priyanka : Go to the doctor and do not come back...God bless you.....coward....

THE ANNOUNCER : THE WINNER BY A WAY OF KNOCKOUT IN ROUND 5 AND THE NEW INDIAN MIDDLEWEIGHT CHAMPION FOR IGL....IIIIIISSSSSS....

PRIYANKA "THE TIGRESSA" KAAARNAAAA..

Stay Tuned for further updates and articles....
Subhadip

rohit
rohit

Jun 20 2018, 22:26 #5

One hell of a fight......no i wouldnt say one hell, after two rounds it was a beating ..sandipta got pulverized...brraks my heart to see her like this..when will u post the further updates

Griffy
Advanced Member
Griffy
Advanced Member

Jun 20 2018, 22:50 #6

What a fight.  It ended as I predicted, but I was wrong on the round of the knockout.  Sandipta took a bad beating.  She should carefully evaluate her future in the boxing ring.  I'd hate to see her critically injured.  She has a commendable record, but the wave of the future is now with Priyanka who looks to be at the top of her game.  She will provide a tough challenge for any middllweight contender in the IGL.  Congratulations to the new Indian Middleweight  Champion - long may she reign.  

nonobox
Advanced Member
nonobox
Advanced Member

Jun 21 2018, 01:29 #7

Datta Mishra (18) ran like crazy to get to the Taj H.R.P. to see the Sandipta fight, the reason was that the distance between his work towards the Colosseum is a bit long. When they arrived, the fighters had already fought the first round and were at their corners. among the public he noticed his cousin Ajit, he greeted him and took a seat next to him.

Ajit: why so late?

Datta: the distance between the bakery and the stadium is very long. By the way, how is Sandipta going?

Ajit: it seems to be pulverizing her

Datta: still, you should not trust

Ajit: Hey, did you see the match of Argentina?

Datta: I did not see it, but I heard it on the radio

Ajit: what a way to miss opportunities and more with a team in weak quotes and what looked like the wrong penalty of Messi?

Datta: It was just a penalty, nothing more. Whatever they say is the best in the world, the bad thing about everything is the coach they have, it seems that they do not know the players

Ajit: You're absolutely right, by the way how have you been in the bakery?

Datta: it's a real hell

Ajit: quiet, you're going to adapt

the conversation is interrupted by the voracious blow that Priyanka gave to Sandipta

Datta: GO SANDY! MAKE A CLINCH!

Ajit: move on, move on

Datta: NICE UPPERCUT SANDY!

the second round ends and the two are calm after Sandipta's counter attack at the last minute

Datta: that was close

Ajit: all you have to do is press it, that's the key to success

the third round begins and it seems that things are not going well for Sandipta, both boys do not believe what is happening

Datta: CLINCH, CLINCH!

then Priyanka connects a jab that starts to destabilize

Datta: CLINCH SANDY!

then he receives a strong attack from Priyanka that knocks her down

Datta gets up from his seat to cheer on Sandipta

Datta: GO SANDY!

miraculously the round ends and Datta again sits down

Datta: must go by the knock-out

Ajit: but first you must regain your strength to win by fast track

the fourth assault begins and Sandipta hugs to catch her breath, the two boys are nervous waiting for things to change, then Sandipta starts moving around the ring and throwing some jabs, Priyanka also attacks, the two distribute the blows in heaps, then Priyanka connects another uppercut that leaves her more weakened than she was, then Sandipta falls to the canvas and the two boys get up from their seats with a nervousness that could kill them at any time

and the round is over

Datta: SANDY, SANDY, SANDY!!!

and the audience starts screaming too, Priyanka has no mercy, Sandipta looks for a way to recover while the public continues to cheer her up, but everything changes when Priyanka throws a crossed blow that deafened the whole coliseum, Sandipta no longer wants to fall on the canvas

10! 

OUUUT

then Datta climbs into the ring desperate to see how Sandipta was

Datta: SANDY, SANDY

then the doctor appears and they take her to an ambulance while Priyanka proudly lifted the championship belt among some small boos from the public

then in the clinic Datta and Ajjit have a small conversation

Ajit: what a day, no? first draw Argentina and then this

Datta: I do not want to know anything about what happened today

Ajit: do not think about telling him to challenge to Jeanine or the same thing will happen again

Datta: I'm not going to say it, besides I'm not in the mood

Ajit: we better go to your house before your mom gets in a bad mood

their conversation continues until they reach Datta's house

Ajit: I remember as if it were yesterday that incident

Datta: you mean...

Ajjit: It had been two days since Sandipta lost to Claudia Ziegler, you went to my house that night and we were talking quietly about the fight. suddenly you always told her that she would challenge Jeanine to make fun of that Duke Reading and she did not like it and got very angry, four days later she invited you to the house so that Sandy would apologize to you arguing that she felt very stressed by the constant defeats she had and so the story ends and everyone happy

Datta: "What a beautiful story"

Ajit: and now I'm going to tell you a story about a boy who should explain to his mother why he was late

Datta: I do not want to hear your silly stories

Ajit: goodbye champion

Datta: goodbye and send greetings to Sandy, who recovers soon

rohit
rohit

Jun 22 2018, 20:59 #8

Anymore updates on sandipta hope she's okay

ramseyrule87
Advanced Member
ramseyrule87
Advanced Member

Jun 30 2018, 00:56 #9

PRIYANKA KARNA VS SANDIPTA VERMA FOR THE VACANT IGL INDIAN MIDDLEWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP 

On June 16th, IGL fans witnessed the fourth match between two of glamboxing's most bitter rivals for the Middleweight Crown of India – Sandipta "Bullet" Verma and Priyanka "The Tigress" Karna.  The scheduled Seven Round bout only made it to the Fifth, as Priyanka Karna displayed the skill and strength to brutally defeat her most hated opponent Sandipta.  An early back in forth contest gave way to a dominant beating by Priyanka on the former two-time World Champion that left Sandipta bloody and broken and the new Indian Champion virtually untouched. 

Let's break down the fight, round by round. 

ROUND 1 

Both fighters approached the first round with uncharacteristic caution.  Sandipta used her quicker hand speed to land jabs to Priyanka, who couldn't seem to make use of her height and reach advantage at first.  Verma was staying light on her toes, sticking Priyanka then circling around her.  Give it to "The Tigress", she didn't lose her head.  She responded by patiently looking for holes in Sandipta's defense and slamming quick jabs into her opponent's exposed face and midsection.  It was clear that these two boxers were just warming up and feeling each other out in first round. 

ROUND 2 

The second stanza of this fight is where Priyanka started to up the tempo.  She became more aggressive, foregoing her reach advantage and looking for stiff inside strikes.  Her left and right hooks sunk deep into Sandipta's jaw and a nast right cross had the former world champion backing up into a neutral corner.  Sensing an opportunity to end the fight, Priyanka swarmed her opponent, landing crushing lefts and rights that seemed to melt the legs of Sandipta.  But the former champ held on and quickly locked in a clinch to push her way out of the corner.  Safer in the middle of the ring, she unloaded a couple of strong uppercut into the face of Priyanka, who had the head movement skill to lean into the punches, mitigating their damage.  Priyanka then briefly stunned Sandipta with a body shot and started pushing her back into the ropes, battering her exposed head just before the bell rang, giving the audience the first signs of her dominance. 

ROUND 3 

The third round was the beginning of the end for Sandipta.  Both boxers seemed a bit slower on the offensive, but "The Tigress" was merely stalking her prey.  Then, from out of nowhere, Priyanka planted her lead foot and got her whole body behind a powerful right cross that landed perfectly on Sandipta's jaw!  A thunderous WHAP echoed in the arena as the entire body of the ex-world champion shook.  Her legs finally have out and Sandipta fell backwards onto the mat.  The ref stepped in as Priyanka marched confidently to her corner.  Sandipta was breathing hard but seemed to be conscious of where she was.  Using the full 8 Count before rising, she assured the ref that she wanted to continue.  With the order to "Box!" Priyanka implemented her strategy that would win her the fight.  She stuck to Sandipta, getting in close for quick stiff hooks to her head and body.  Sandipta tried to mount an offense, but her strikes were easily blocked or slipped.  The third round ended with Sandipta having faced a horrible beating that would continue in the next round. 

ROUND 4 

Priyanka gave no quarter in halfway mark of the fight.  She again stuck close to sandipta, mixing in hard smashing punches to her face and belly.  By the middle of the round, Sandipta was barely holding her gloves up as "The Tigress" pulverized her.  A sharp left uppercut snapped Sandipta's head back violently and she collapsed backwards to the edge of the ring, her tired head resting on the ring barrier.  Sandipta was clearly hurt, but staunchly refused to let the fight end there, rolling over and pushing herself up to her feet with the help of the ring chords.  The hometown crowd was stunned at how helpless their former champion seemed to be, unable to counter any of Priyanka's swift strikes that closed out the fourth round. 

ROUND 5 

Many thought Sandipta's corner would throw in the towel, but the fifth and what would be final round began.  Sandipta's defense was pitiful as the much much fresher Priyanka rained down punches onto her archrival.  Blood erupted from her Sandipta's broken nose and a nasty cut under her left eye.  She desperately tried to clinch but the much stronger Priyanka pushed her off, rocking her with a punch for good measure.  Finally, Priyanka got in close and twisted into a right hook that seemed to break Sandipta's jaw!  Her eyes rolled up into her head and her body collapsed into a heap in the blue corner of the ring.  Her arms and boxing gloves hung limp over her body, useless.  The 10-Count was academic. 

WINNER AND NEW IGL INDIAN MIDDLEWEIGHT CHAMPION... PRIYANKA "THE TIGRESS" KARNA!!! 

Griffy
Advanced Member
Griffy
Advanced Member

Jun 30 2018, 12:10 #10

Ramsey,   Thanks for another accounting of this historic battle.  Two different views of this singular rumble just doubles my pleasure.  This fight sets the standard for future championship encounters at a level that seems impossible to attain again but never say never when it comes to IGL women's boxing.  

subhadip
Advanced Member
subhadip
Advanced Member

Jul 21 2018, 10:58 #11

SUN SETS DOWN AS SANDIPTA VERMA QUITS FROM IGL........

Sandipta Verma, the bold and the beautiful, the first Asian boxer to conquer three different IGL titles, multi time World Champion, Multi Time National Champion has called it a day from IGL.

Our correspondent went to her place, and she sat for an interview with her husband alongside her.

TOI: Good afternoon Sandipta, How are you feeling ?

Sandipta: Ya good afternoon. Hmm it is very painful, you see scars around my face, it will take time to heal.

TOI: I believe you were rushed to the hospital. What did the doctor say? Any concussions ?

Sandipta: Yes I had a visit to the hospital. Yes there was a small concussion, due to that...Ajit can you please explain?

Ajit: Yes honey, actually after Priyanka hit her with couple of huge uppercuts before she got knocked out, Sandy was already in pain, and those uppercuts really done the damage. After that in Round 5 that KO blow, I believe was straight aside the head, and she was bleeding profusely from the nose, there was a small concussion and a lot of facial damage as you can see.

TOI: Yes I can, That is very sad, I mean the way the match ended for Sandy it was.

Sandipta: Yes actually. I am beaten physically and mentally.. (she sobs...)

Ajit: Calm down Sandy, this is a sport.. there is a winner and there is a loser.

Sandipta: I can feel the pain, I can see Priyanka's cruel smile, I can see her ecstatic with the belt around her when I was put to sleep on the canvas, when I was bleeding....I could not win.....( she sobs again)

"A BLOOD DRAPED UNCONSCIOUS PULVERIZED SANDIPTA WAS LYING ON THE MAT"

Ajit: Calm down Sandy...I implore you have to be strong.

Sandipta: I can't...I can't ...it has happen thrice in last four fights..How can I calm down? First I lost my World Title...Patrizia wound me like anything..I sustained....I tried for European title....Claudia knocked me out....again I sustained....now I went for Indian title and Priyanka just...I should say beat the hell out of me...in front of my home crowd....my city....she took the belt away...I can't you know...I can't sustain anymore.

Ajit: I understand your pain...

Sandipta: Yes....

TOI: Sandy, what do you see, had brought your downfall....I mean why do you think Priyanka grasped the title and you could not?

Sandipta: I was over-confident I believe. I did not listen to my coach, I did not follow the strategy. It was like I was fighting with my heart rather than my head.

TOI: Do you see the cut sustained in Round 2 affected your strategy?

Sandipta: Not at all...In boxing it is a body contact sports...your opponent is there to hurt you only and in this type of grudge matches where boxers take matter personally ...the amount of pain is supposed to be large. I could have been more focussed, I never learnt to tighten my defense, I always went for blatant attack.I mean after I was knocked out by Patrizia , I thought I lost my techniques...also I lost my toughness...you know...I think my chin ...it has become glass door....

Ajit: It is not like that Sandy, You are still a good boxer..

Sandipta: No Ajit. I have to understand the fact. The main thing I see is my toughness and ability to sustain punishment has drastically reduced....I .....I...I can't sustain pain...anymore... I can't.....(sobs)

Ajit: Sandy.....

TOI: Pity to hear...so Sandy...Do you think you will ask for a re-match for the title?

Sandipta: No I won't...I won't...In fact I have decide...."I WILL BE OFF FROM IGL FOR INDEFINITE TIME FROM NOW"....

Ajit: Sandy...No.....No...You should carry on...fighting....

Sandipta: No Ajit...I have decided...I have to call it off...at least for some time...some long time.....

TOI: It is really unexpected...Sandy....won't you come back and fight again?

Sandipta: That I don't know...may be not.....may be yes...but not at least in near future...I have to look after my family my personal life...I can't just sustain beating and lie on the ground bloodied.....I can't sustain pain....I can't....I have to give time to my family...

TOI: So you have decided...

Sandipta: Yes I have...

TOI: It will be a big miss for IGL...For Indian fans...for all ardent boxing lovers...

Sandipta: Yes..but IGL has other boxers...I will hope Priyanka becomes World Champion one day...as an Indian I will support her....

TOI: That is good...I hope I can cover your fights in future..I really hope....

"LET US SEE..................GOODBYE AT LEAST FOR NOW....I HOPE IGL PROSPERS AND WE HAVE MORE AND MORE INDIAN BOXERS COME INTO IGL....TO WIN BELTS....."
Subhadip

subhadip
Advanced Member
subhadip
Advanced Member

Jul 21 2018, 11:05 #12

Please let know, what you think has brought Sandipta's down fall....what she could have done to improve....do you want to see Sandipta again in the ring...what can she do in future?
Subhadip

nonobox
Advanced Member
nonobox
Advanced Member

Jul 21 2018, 19:03 #13

I believe that she should not retire. She is just 25 years old. She is too young to make those kind of decisions. to see if she manages to return in glory and majesty. as they say life gives revenge.

markhen
Advanced Member
markhen
Advanced Member

Jul 22 2018, 14:33 #14

Henesys' Stable send message on their twitter reguarding on Sandipta

22222.jpg

nonobox
Advanced Member
nonobox
Advanced Member

Jul 22 2018, 18:32 #15

i agree with silvana and mallory. Sandipta has already achieved many things in the middleweight. it's time for you to change course and face real challenges to continue making history in the circuit

Connely
Advanced Member
Connely
Advanced Member

Jul 23 2018, 10:02 #16

It's a pity to hear those words from Sandipta and I hope she gets well soon. Anyway I think that she made the right decision!
She won Indian, European and World Championship, she faced the best fighters of IGL and she had good and bad moments (mostly good).
Looking at her career I think she is the most active fighter!
Glamboxing is an important chapter of her life but I think she should turn page and goes on!

Thanks Sandipta for helping glamboxing to raise in popularity!

ramseyrule87
Advanced Member
ramseyrule87
Advanced Member

Jul 23 2018, 14:21 #17

Wow! I did not see this coming. Sandipta, one of the most dominant and popular glamboxers, retired at 24.

I dunno. It just feels off. :/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

subhadip
Advanced Member
subhadip
Advanced Member

Jul 23 2018, 21:27 #18

SANDIPTA GOT A PARCEL FROM PRIYANKA...THAT CONTAINED........."HMM IT IS TERRIBLE......EMBARRASSING AND FRIGHTENING...."

WILL THIS RIVALRY END....?
BeFunky-collage.png
Subhadip

Griffy
Advanced Member
Griffy
Advanced Member

Jul 31 2018, 09:47 #19

I think Sandipta made the correct decision.  Every competitor knows that there is a time when they must depart  the sport they love.  Boxing is a physically challenging career that demands great mental and physical toughness.  Bullet excelled in this demanding pursuit, but she has decided to end her career.  She should be rightly proud of her many accomplishments and enjoy whatever adventures lie ahead for her and those she loves and who love her.  I personally thank her for the magnificent performances she has provided for me and her many fans/admirers throughout the world. May your future be as exceptional as your past.   

Denav
Advanced Member
Denav
Advanced Member

Jul 31 2018, 14:30 #20

It seems that some IGL fans didn't like the parcel that Priyanka sent to Sandipta. They believe that it was a not fair action and that Sandipta deserves the right merit because she was a great glamboxing Champion. The fans contacted Ramsey and commissioned a drawing: the result is a tribute poster of Sandipta where they express all their admiration for her!

markhen
Advanced Member
markhen
Advanced Member

Aug 5 2018, 14:11 #21

One of IGL fighter from Henesys' gym has a twitted on this..

blank-twitter-tweet-template_174334.jpg

Confirmation of reply: