Re: IGL Rankings

Denav
Advanced Member
Denav
Advanced Member

Aug 7 2014, 15:55 #1

Here below you see the 3 Divisions Rankings, feel free to ask for explanations about placements or post comments.

The qualification criteria for the divisional rankings are:
1. Champions and former champions (world, continental and national titles);
2. Fighters who have challenged a title above the national level (continental or world);
3. Fighters who have winning records against opponents in criteria 1 and 2.

The pound for pound ranking is simply a line up of the strongest fighters with consideration for their specific weights.
For example, if hypothetically 2 fighters have defeated the exact same opponents in their careers,
but 1 of them is 2 kg lighter, then the lighter fighter would be considered a better "pure" fighter and rank higher
in pound for pound ranking.

For complete coverage visit International Glamboxing League Official Site

------------------------ Updated on 14/09/2018------------------------

1. KATHRIN WAGNER  - 

2. MALLORY PRICE 

3. NADIA LONGHI  - 

4. CHARLENE PARKER  - 

5. NATALIA GONZALES  - 

6. YUMIKO KAWAKITA  

7. MILDRED WILKINS  - 

8. PAMELA THOMPSON 

9. LENA DUMAS 

10. PAOLA SAVELLI 

------------------------ Updated on 14/09//2018 ------------------

1. BEATRICE GHERINI  - 

2. LÖISE MOREL  - 

3. SANDRA VAN ALDEN 

4. SHELLEY COOK  

5. MONIKA HOBERHOFER  - 

6. SABINE RIBERT  

7. SILVANA LABATE  - 

8. HANNAH MÜLLER 

9. CAREN NILSSON 

10. ELEONORA RIVELLI 

------------------------ Updated on 14/09/2018------------------------

1. PATRIZIA DAL BEN  -  

2. ARLEEN BLAND  - 

3. CLARISSA JACKSON  

4.  CLAUDIA ZIEGLER  - 

5. PRIYANKA KARNA  - 

6.  MARINA NOTOLI  - 

7. ROSY D'ONOFRIO  

8.  CORINNE LEROUX  - 

9. JEANINE LOCKHEART  

10. ENZA MARZILLI 

------------------Updated on 14/09/2018------------------------

1.      PATRIZIA DAL BEN -  

Patrizia is at the top of her game.  Winner in her last seven-fights this exciting middleweight always seems to come up with exactly the right fight plan against her toughest opposition.  In her last outing against the rugged European champion Claudia Ziegler looked to have some significant factors promising the Pin Up a victory that would make her the top gun in the world of middleweights.  Patrizia was fighting in the German boxer’s homeland.  When she might have employed her considerable boxing skills to defeat this challenger the Canadian went toe to toe against a hard hitter.  It was an exciting fight that won the German fans over to her side.  She systematically wore down the younger challenger and secured another commendable victory.  It is my contention that she deserves the number one ranking.  Just as she showcased with her number 1 ankle support in the Zielgler match she has the talent to back up that boast.  Now is the time for the World Middleweight Champion to face off against Arleen Bland who might just have what it takes to dethrone her Canadian competitor. What a fight that will be.

2.    ARLEEN BLAND - 

The European champ couldn’t do it, maybe the Americas champion can. There are all kinds of excellent opponents that Arleen could fight, but I hope she gets her chance at the World title against her country mate.  Super Legs has faced all the big names in the division.  Some may still remember the pain of that confrontation.  As I’ve noted above Patrizia is superb at coming out with the right fight plan for every boxer she faces. I can’t imagine what plan she will employ against Super Legs.  Neither woman is ever in a dull fight so their clash should be exceptional.  I’d love to see Arleen become the World Championship to add to her other trophies, but Ms. Dal Ben isn’t about to give that crown up easily.  So much the better for die-hard fans like me. 

3.       BEATRICE GHERINI – - 
How did a Lightweight get in the higher rankings among all the heavier middleweight bombers?  There is no legitimate excuse for not including her.  She might even deserve top ranking - # 1, but I have my prejudice so I placed her at number 3.  Winner of 11-fights in a row.  Her last loss was three-years ago.  She hasn’t built that awesome record against “challengers” who never should have been placed in the ring against her.  No, she has fought the best competition the Lightweight division has to offer.  She has never backed down from any challenger.  Her present situation creates only one baffling question.  Who else can she fight who she hasn’t already defeated?  Do you have the answer to that million-dollar question?  Maybe the Middleweights should be grateful that she hasn’t competed in the heavier weight-class.  The “Lioness” might destroy them also.   

4.     CLARISSA JACKSON – 
I can imagine the anger directed toward me for lowering the Chicago Brawler in the P4P rankings.  Hopefully the Chicago destroyer will take mercy on this senile old veteran.  Clarissa lost her title in her last ring appearance against Arleen Bland.  Although she is eager to get back into the ring, the opportunities among the middleweights is abysmal.  She will just have to wait her turn.   No one can predict what the recent defeat may have taken out of this force of mayhem.  I’m betting it will make her more destructive and intimidating that before.  That is hard to envision but all things are possible until proven otherwise.  Like so many other boxing fans I hope to see the Chicago Brawler in the ring soon.  Stand by believers.  

5.     KATHRIN WAGNER –   - 
K-Glover captures the last position in the Pound for Pound rankings.  I’ve made the competition tougher by ranking just the five best instead of nine or ten.  This lady is amazing to me.  Aside from winning her last six fights in a row, she defeated “The Star” Mallory Price to become the Featherweight Champion of the World.  She previously stood as the European Lightweight Champion, the first glamboxer in the IGL to hold two titles, better yet in two different divisions.  Usually fighters get heavier and move to the higher-weight division, but this phenom did the impossible to lose weight and win the world title to boot.  Despite the alias K-Glover, Ms. Wagner has never won or lost a fight by knockout.  She makes her rivals suffer for the whole seven-rounds just to add insult to injury.  I need to learn her dieting secrets, but I don’t have the courage to challenge her for that secret.  Let’s see what amazing things Ms. Wagner has for us in the future.  I’m sure it will be magic.  

Confirmation of reply: