Rankings

The ratings of glamboxers

Rankings

Denav
Advanced Member
Denav
Advanced Member

07 Aug 2014, 15:55 #1

Here below you see the 3 Divisions Rankings, feel free to ask for explanations about placements or post comments.

The qualification criteria for the divisional rankings are:
1. Champions and former champions (world, continental and national titles);
2. Fighters who have challenged a title above the national level (continental or world);
3. Fighters who have winning records against opponents in criteria 1 and 2.

The pound for pound ranking is simply a line up of the strongest fighters with consideration for their specific weights.
For example, if hypothetically 2 fighters have defeated the exact same opponents in their careers,
but 1 of them is 2 kg lighter, then the lighter fighter would be considered a better "pure" fighter and rank higher
in pound for pound ranking.

For complete coverage visit International Glamboxing League Official Site

------------------------ Updated on 01/11/2017------------------------

1. MALLORY PRICE -

2. YUMIKO KAWAKITA

3. KATHRIN WAGNER -

4. CHARLENE PARKER

5. MILDRED WILKINS -

6. NATALIA GONZALES

7 PAMELA THOMPSON

8. LENA DUMAS

9. GISELLA FABBRI -

10. PAOLA SAVELLI

------------------------ Updated on 01/11/2017 ------------------------

1. BEATRICE GHERINI -

2. SHELLEY COOK

3. LÖISE MOREL

4. SANDRA VAN ALDEN

5. SABINE RIBERT

6. HANNAH MÜLLER

7. MONIKA HOBERHOFER -

8. HILDE LARSEN

9.SILVANA LABATE -

10. CAREN NILSSON

------------------------ Updated on 01/11/2017------------------------

1. PATRIZIA DAL BEN

2. CLARISSA JACKSON -

3. ARLEEN BLAND

4. KYLLI VALTONEN

5. SANDIPTA VERMA

6. JEANINE LOCKHEART

7. ROSY D'ONOFRIO -

8. CLAUDIA ZIEGLER -

9. CORINNE LEROUX -

10. ENZA MARZILLI

------------------------ Updated on 01/11/2017 ------------------------

1. CLARISSA JACKSON -
Both fans and boxers are impatient. Clarissa hasn't fought in defense of her championship since July. This past month the lighter weight fighters got their opportunity to compete, but soon we'll look forward to the Chicago Brawler facing another challenger. I've proposed my suggestions for a possible opponent but the IGL matchmakers will make the selection. No matter the opposition, Ms. Jackson will provide fistic excitement. Who do you feel would be a worthy contender?

2. ARLEEN BLAND
Super Leggs is my top choice as Ms. Jackson's next challenger. She is an experience middleweight who always provides the fans with excitement aplenty. This Canadian powerhouse has sufficient power to endanger any of the division's top tier fighters. She would love to defeat the reigning American champion to refute the statement by Clarrisa that Canadian fighters are not worthy of competing for divisional titles, at least not against her. Ms. Bland doesn't believe that. She is ready to show here meddle in a ring shootout against the American champ. It is a fight I'd love to see happen. How about you?

3. YUMIKO KAWAKITA
The former IGL World Featherweight champion last fought back in June in a disappointing loss to Heather Revels who has moved into the Lightweight Division after her defeat at the fists of American compatriot Mallory Price. Yumiko has beaten Ms. Price previously so should be considered a viable contender for the world title held by the American boxer. Is a rematch in the future of this Japanese titan? I'd like to think so. Featherweights aren't given the credit they deserve in my opinion. Having such a title confrontation would be a good first step in revitalizing the division.

4. PATRIZIA DAL BEN -
As the World Middleweight Champion Ms. Dal Ben is the prime target for all the IGL middleweight contenders. Considered a consummate boxer she startled the boxing pundits with a convincing knockout over the former titleist Sandipta Verma. She can look forward to some interesting challengers as she undertakes each defense of the coveted championship. Who that first challenger will be may determine her prospects for the future as the premier middleweight in the IGL. I'm predicting an exciting career for the Canadian queen.

5. BEATRICE GHERINI -
The Leonessa came on strong in her rematch with Hilde Larsen to score a technical stoppage in round six. This was revenge for an earlier defeat in September 2015. The champ got off to a slow start up to that point in the match. Ms. Gherini made it sound like the battle plan she had envisioned all along. After my comments about her preparedness last month I got a lot of flk from her fans, but I believe this fight may have confirmed my speculation. With the vacant world title up for grabs, Beatrice could very well be selected as a challenger for the elevated title. A match between Beatrice and Loise Morel would seem to be a realistic determinant for the new world championship. They are both coming off victories and hold respected titles in the division.

6. HEATHER REVELS
As anticipated the Hurricane did move up to the lightweight division facing off against Annabel Ramirez. It was clear throughout that Ms. Ramirez was not intimidated by the Hurricane. She fought hard and survived the whole seven-round distance giving a good account of herself. In this match Ms. Revels displayed that she carried her punching power into this heavier weight class. It was an excellent matchup for her first encounter as a lightweight. In the coming months she will be battling against other lightweight contenders who like her are looking to climb higher and secure a championship challenge opportunity. You can bet the Hurricane will be among that group.

7.KYLLI VALTONEN
Kylli Valtonen remained inactive during the past month. That inactivity was limited to her boxing career only. As a former world champion in a talent-rich division finding an appropriate opponent for the Firebrand is particularly challenging. Challenging a foe in the top tier of the division requires scheduling opportunity comparable to winning a million dollar lottery. Her three jewelry businesses take up much of her time. Allotting special training time is equally difficult. When her opportunity to return to the IGL ring occurs, it will probably be a restrictive time window. Despite the complexity of her situation, Firebrand remains determined to reclaim her former world championship. I for one hope it comes soon.

8. MALLORY PRICE -
Placing "The Star" in Pound for Pound rankings was not well-received by many of the IGL fans. However, I'm sticking to my guns and even moving her up one position though she was inactive in the past month. As a newly crowned champion, Ms. Price is eager to face her first challenger to reaffirm her legitimacy for that prestigious crown. Like so many of her compatriots in this elite ranking category, she will have to wait her turn to make that ring appearance. Watching her recent training session, I'm convinced that she will be fit and ready when offered that appearance opportunity. She feels confident that the fans will be offered a "star-bright" performance.

9. SANDIPTA VERMA
Sandipta remains in the pound for pound rankings although she hasn't been scheduled to fight since her loss to Patrizia Dal Ben. Based upon her total career accomplishments I feel her credentials merit this ranking. If you wonder why she was dropped one position this month, I would argue that the Bullet is a boxer who has fought often against the full range of contenders. Ring outings are what she requires to stay in top physical condition. The longer she stays inactive the greater erosion is likely to occur with her ring skills. That is my theory; so what do you think? Without her lofty title, Ms. Verma has to wait for her next ring outing. I'll keep you updated concerning her training regimen in the coming months.