Re: IGL Rankings

The ratings of glamboxers

Re: IGL Rankings

Denav
Advanced Member
Denav
Advanced Member

Aug 7 2014, 15:55 #1

Here below you see the 3 Divisions Rankings, feel free to ask for explanations about placements or post comments.

The qualification criteria for the divisional rankings are:
1. Champions and former champions (world, continental and national titles);
2. Fighters who have challenged a title above the national level (continental or world);
3. Fighters who have winning records against opponents in criteria 1 and 2.

The pound for pound ranking is simply a line up of the strongest fighters with consideration for their specific weights.
For example, if hypothetically 2 fighters have defeated the exact same opponents in their careers,
but 1 of them is 2 kg lighter, then the lighter fighter would be considered a better "pure" fighter and rank higher
in pound for pound ranking.

For complete coverage visit International Glamboxing League Official Site

------------------------ Updated on 15/04/2018------------------------

1. MALLORY PRICE  - 

2. KATHRIN WAGNER  - 

3.  NADI LONGHI-

4. CHARLENE PARKER  - 

5. YUMIKO KAWAKITA  

6 MILDRED WILKINS  - 

7. NATALIA GONZALES  

8 PAMELA THOMPSON 

9 LENA DUMAS 

10. PAOLA SAVELLI   

------------------------ Updated on 15/04//2018 ------------------

1. BEATRICE GHERINI  - 

2. LÖISE MOREL  - 

3. SHELLEY COOK  

4. SANDRA VAN ALDEN  

5. SABINE RIBERT  

6. HANNAH MÜLLER 
7. MONIKA HOBERHOFER  - 

8.SILVANA LABATE  -

9. CAREN NILSSON 

10. ELEONORA RIVELLI 

------------------------ Updated on 15/04/2018------------------------

1. PATRIZIA DAL BEN  -  

2. ARLEEN BLAND  - 

3. CLARISSA JACKSON  

4.  CLAUDIA ZIEGLER  - 

5,  MARINA NOTOLI  -

6.  SANDIPTA VERMA  

7. ROSY D'ONOFRIO  

8. JEANINE LOCKHEART  

9. CORINNE LEROUX  - 

10. ENZA MARZILLI 

------------------Updated on 14/04/2018------------------------

1. ARLEEN BLAND  -  
Arleen accomplished one mission by defeating the formidable Chicago Brawler.  Her next move would seem obvioius - to challenge for the World Championship against her country competitor Patrizia Dal Ben.  Both are top notch fighters who have never backed down from a challenge.  The difference in their respective ring styles makes this matchup even more appealing.  It is now up to the IGL officials to make it happen. The fans are more than ready to get this question of supremacy settled in a blockbuster rumble.  

2.  CLARISSA JACKSON   
Should Clarissa still be ranked number two?  She loss to Super Legs and she is never fought Patrizia.  She doesn't believe that anyone can beat her.  As she sees it the only way for her to be beaten is to be knocked out - stretched flat on the canvas taking the full ten-count.  That didn't happen so you can expect the Brawler to insist upon a rematch against Super Legs to determine whether Arleen deserved the "gift" she received in their previous confrontation.  Will the defeat change that indominable will to win?  I don't thnk so.  She is on a mission of redemption with every intention of destroying the Canadian champ.  

3.  PATRIZIA DAL BEN  -  
Both Arleen Bland and Patrizia won their last fight.  The future meeting of these two fierce competitor seems inevitable.  Each has the opportunnity to prove with undeniable certainty that they are the best of the Pound for Pound contenders.  It will be a milestone that cements their ring legacy  Although their respective records seem to establish Super Leg as the favorite in this clash, I'm convinced that the statistics won't mean a thing.   When these two ring warriors square off winning is the only option they entertain.   Although they respect one another's ring accomplishments there will be no holding back or hesitation.  It will be a ring war of the ages. 

4. BEATRICE GHERINI  -   
The Lioness is charging to the top conquering victim after victim as she faces off against the top contenders in her division.  Her last victory against Silvana LaBate marked a new intensity that this observer always felt was erratic in previous ring outings.  Because of her unique talents she can achieve victory in numerous ways.  Often she used her knockout power to snatch victory from almost certain defeat.  That wasn't necessary in this most recent outing.  Ms. Gherini reflected superiority in all segments of her ring craft.  It makes me seriiously doubt that there is any fighter among the lightweights who can defeat this female destroyer.   

5. YUMIKO KAWAKITA 
Soon we should see "One Punch KO" back in action.  Her managers have suggested a couple of possible candidates for this next ring outing, but it will be the IGL matchmakers who decide upon that foe.  Yumiko has been working out hard in preparation for whoever she next faces.  With two consecutive losses in her latest fights, she needs to regain the credibility that those losses eroded.  There is a rumor circulating within the boxing community that one of the boxers challenged to fight Yumiko is the current world champ, Mallory Price.  To this reporter that seems highly suspect.  Although it makes good sense from the viewpoint of the Japanese contender who holds two victories over the Star.  Let's just see how things play out.  

6.. MALLORY PRICE  -  
As I've previously reported there are stories that Ms. Price has been challenged to defend her world title against the Oriental Samuri Yumiko Kawakita.  Ms. Price did comment about this rumor during a recent interview with the media.   Mallory said that she would like to fight Ms. Kawakita to avenge the prior losses.  As the champion she believes she owes it to all the boxing fans to defend her title against the most qualified/toughest challengers.  She feelsl that a championship defense against Ms. Kawakita woiuld be most appealing to the boxing fans.  What to you think about such a bout?

7. HEATHER REVELS 
As much as all fight fans would like to see the newbe lightweight back in action, she will just have to wait  her turn.  Maintaining readiness for some future event is tedioius but the Hurricane knows it must be done if she is to commence her climb up the division ranking ladder.  Every ring appearance by a fighter is critical.  Inactivity can detract from the most promising fighter.  We hope that degradation doesn't effect the promise of Ms. Revels but until she makes another ring appearance we will only have to guess.  We hope to see Hurricane fighting soon in her new division.   

8. SANDIPTA VERMA 
There are no easy fights for "Bullet".  Coming into her fight against Claudia Ziegler I considered Sandipta the odds on favorite to win.  She was even fighting in her native country where she is highly respected, but in boxing there are no certainties.  Bullet started strong in rounds one and two rocking her German foe with some seriious power punches,  Ms. Ziegler stood up under the bombardment of her adversary and seemed to realize going into the middle rounds that Ms. Verma was vulnerable to her more powerful wallops. As in previous shootouts Snadipta's questionable chin betrayed her.  By round five she looked unsteady and defensively exposed.  The end in round seven was predictable - Sandipta lay facedown on the canvas as the referee counted her ouit.  How many more of these knockouts can this competitive contender take?  I fear for her future well-being after witnessing this brutal knockout loss.  Pin-up just had too many tattooes for the gutsy Indian bomber.  

9. HILDE LARSEN 
Once again I may be eating crow for including this recent addition to the middleweight division in the elite ranking of Pound for Pound contenders. Anyway, here I go.  As you know from my past comments about Kylli Valtonen I considered her one of the best boxers in the division but on February 16th she met "The Valkrie" and was unceremonially trashed.  What I saw in Ms. Larsen during that fight convinced me that she deserved elevation into the P4P rankings.  She retained her speed as a lightweight, but displayed punching accuracy that accomplished the annihaliation of Firebrand.  The speed of her punches stuns and paralyzes her enemy setting them up for more punishment.  Scoring that stunning sixth round knockout presuaded me that this Norewegian speedster is a worthy challenger for any fighter in the middleweight division.  Let's see where she goes from here.  

Denav
Advanced Member
Denav
Advanced Member

Apr 20 2018, 08:07 #2

Hello IGL Fans,
as you see, a few days ago Glamboxing expert Mr. Griffy updated the Rankings

Confirmation of reply: