MARIA RITA vs JUANITA - Middleweights - 11/08/2018

Griffy
Advanced Member
Griffy
Advanced Member

Aug 11 2018, 17:26 #1

Girls Just Want to Have Fun

I'm Maria Rita Berti a lady boxer in the IGL.  Next Saturday I will be boxing an American glamboxer named Juanita Perez.  She is a Cuban naturalized citizen who lives and works in Miami.  Through an official of the International Glamourboxing League and both of our managers/trainers a plan of "just fun" was arranged for Juanita and me.  Since this is my first time to visit America I was thrilled for the chance to see what this huge City of Miami had to offer.  It turned out to be one of the best times of my life something very special.  Both our trainers agreed that we were fight-ready.  They consented to this opportunity to relax and enjoy ourselves. 
             I met Juanita in the section of Miami known as Little Havana.  Since it was lunch time, my companion suggested we sample some of the Cuban food and culture.  I let the "Swift Guepardo" recommend the menu.  Wow, what a feast we enjoyed.  Everything chosen by my American friend was excellent.  We both made selections appropriate for two boxers in training, but it was exciting to experience the wonderful variety from the Italian dishes I know and love.  We joined a group of other visitors to the city who were members of a food and history tour of the Cuban culture.  Ms. Perez added many of her own personal observations as we walked around her beloved community. 
          Naturally as women, we also took time to shop at the wide range of businesses that thrive in this area.  There were many opportunities to purchase souvenirs that I would bring home to my friends and family in Borgo San Lorenzo.  Juanita was just as interested to learn about my native land as I was to learn about hers.  First hand I learned that all women enjoy shopping for pretty things on sale.  There was much more of this golden city that Juanita wanted me to see so she suggested a speedboat sightseeing tour along the coastal waters of Florida.
           Riding in one of these powerful watercraft was a little intimidating to me, but Juanita assured me there was nothing to fear but much to see and enjoy.  Cruising over the crystal waters we passed multi-million dollar homes on the Fisher Island and coastal waterway.  It was thrilling and so refreshing to enjoy the cooling breeze from the ocean waters.  Just looking at the magnificent skyline of Miami from this vintage point was breathtaking.  Sharing it with my new-found compatriot made the experience even more memorable. 
          Back ashore we did some more walking and riding into other sections of Miami before we rendezvoused with our respective team members at the hotel where I was staying.  This whole adventure was completely unexpected but one I most assuredly will never forget.  Although in our coming fight I'm sure we will both be trying our best to prevail I have the greatest personal respect in having shared this very special day with my friend and competitive rival Juanita Perez.  I thank her for the opportunity to visit this marvelous city she calls home.  I hope Juanita will have the opportunity to let me act as her hostess in Italy.   

Griffy
Advanced Member
Griffy
Advanced Member

Aug 15 2018, 00:11 #2

FISTS FLY IN THE GARDEN

It is Saturday night the the Miami Garden Floor Arena where we are about to watch the third-match of  tonight's International Glamboxing middleweight fightcard between JUANITA "SWIFT GUEPARDO" PEREZ a very popular hometown female pugilist and  MARIA RITA " SORELLA KNOCKOUT" BERTI an Italian contender from Borgo  San Lorenzo, Italy.  I will be your ringside reporter for tonight's contest - my name is Destiny Sutton a retired fighter from the IGL.  Earlier this evening I went to the dressing rooms of the two participants for a short get-acquainted session with each woman.  I'll interject some of my earlier impressions as I report on the action tonight.  
         The boxers are making their way to the ring from their respective dressing rooms. Juanita dances rhythmically down the aisle to the ring while the exciting music with a Cuban beat blares over the loudspeaker.  It is apparent that most of the patrons are enthusiastic fans of this winsome boxer.  Maria Rita Berti gets a polite but far lest volatile welcome.  It doesn't seem to phase her though when he steps into the ring, bowing gracefully to all-four sides of the squared circle in a style customary to European boxers.  As they loosen up in opposing corners, the fans get to view their very attractive boxing attire.  Juanita wears a white sports bra, with red Cleto Reyes boxing gloves.  The brown haired Italian lass has a black top with black boxing gloves.  There is a light sheen or perspiration on the flesh of each combatant confirming their preparatory warm-up in the dressing room.  These introductory moments before the start of the fight bring to mind many memorable ring experiences in my boxing career.  It reminds me of the excitement of fistic competition. 
       After the final in-ring instructions by the referee the two women return to their corner where they nervously anticipate the opening bell.  DING!  Round one is underway and the Swift Cheetah wastes no time in attacking her European rival.  In a quick flurry, she fires off a series of leading jabs followed by a right cross.  Ms. Berti is prepared with her defensive guard smartly positioned to detour the invaders. 

ROUND 1 WITH JUANITA ON THE ATTACK BUT FINDING HER RIVAL'S DEFENSE HARD TO PENETRATE. 

With no lapse of mobility, the two women circle one another at center ring, shooting out straight leads both left and right-fisted to test the defense of their enemy.  Although Maria is listed as 6-centimeters shorter on the tale of the tape, her punching reach seems to be identical to that of Ms. Perez.  Black and red gloved fists flash between the two contenders in this very spirited opening round.  Although my judgment does not count in scoring round one, I'd probably declare the "Swift Guepardo" a razor-thin advantage in the opening period.  Although neither fighter appeared hurt in the busy exchanges each woman has a reddish haze caused by the pressure of gloved leather on their faces.  That was a most pleasing opener for what should be a most competitive encounter.  
          Round two opens with another speedy assault by the American.  Juanita looks just as fast as I remember her being three and a half years ago when we fought each other in this very same venue.  Maria appears to be defending herself much better than I did against this fast-fisted speedstress.  Wisely the Italian glamboxer gains control of center ring. 

USING HER JAB MORE EFFECTIVELY IN ROUND TWO JUANITA LOOKED MUCH MORE DOMINATE THAN SHE HAD IN THE FIRST ROUND.

The Cheetah's greater mobility of foot allowed her to outflank her rival  even though the strategy of the Italian to hold center ring did make Juanita work harder.  That was a sound strategy that made her foe take more steps as she works in a circular orbit around her prey.  However,  Ms. Perez fired a greater volume of punches than Maria though many of those efforts don't connect they looked impressive from ringside where the judges watch the action.  I feel far more confident in selecting the Miami fighter as winner of round two.  On my score card I'd make this a 10-9 round.  The first period might have been a closer 9.5 to 10 score.  There are still five more rounds in which to determine the ultimate victor.  In each corner neither glamboxer seems winded or battle scarred after two busy stanzas of give and take. 
          The early offense in round three switched to Maria Rita who stabbed out quick left jabs that slipped through the gloved defense of her unprepared adversary.  Because that lead worked so effectively the "Sorella Knockout" kept pumping it out at her dodging target.  Forced into a defensive mode Juanita's punch output decreased dramatically.  It was hard for her to sight and counter with the black glove blocking her vision.  The favorite target of the Italian attacker was the vulnerable nose of her enemy.  Pain from the damaged nostril caused tears to further inhibit her peepers.  Soon the brown-haired assailant followed her successful left-leads with right crosses and hooks to the exposed face of the Floridian.  

ROUND THREE BECAME EVEN MORE UNCOMFORTABLE FOR JUANITA WHEN MARIA USED FOLLOW-UP RIGHT CROSSES LIKE THIS TO BOMBARD HER VICTIM.  

It was a far different round three than the earlier two-rounds that had favored the local fighter.  This was certainly a round that belonged to Ms. Berti.  She was dominating the conflict with her more effective lead jabs.  Establishing the lead jab opened the door for great aggression by the assailant from Italy. 
       The speedy Cheetah opened round four with one of her best blows so far in the fight.  Her ramrod straight right jab, blasted through the gloved defense and connected with a piercing crack against the exposed chin of the Italian.  The stunning impact of that punch rocked Maria Rita back on her heels causing her to stumble backward into the ropes.

THIS JACKHAMMER RIGHT STRIKE GAVE JUANITA A GREAT START TO ROUND FOUR.  

What could have been a critical turning point in this fight for the popular Ms. Perez turned out to be a wake up call for her rival instead. Reacting instinctively the instant her back touched the roped barrier, swung off the ropes with a wild right cross.  The punch missed its intended target by several inches, but it froze her assault for just long enough to spin around her approaching foe.  Escaping to center ring, Maria shot off two piston-like left jabs aimed at the head of her assailant.  Only one of the two blows landed, but it served its intended purpose to halt the pursuit of her disoriented rival.  Moving evasively the Italian brunette took control of the offense for the remainder of round four.  She also managed to bloody the nose of the Miami boxer.  By round's end Maria was back in her rhythm of aggression and Juanita was in unsuccessful pursuit.  After four I had my score tied at two-rounds apiece for the combatants.  It was anyone's fight to win determined during the next three rounds.
         Round five was contested mostly at long range.  Here the give and take of lead jabs and combination seemed to favor the visitor from Italy.  Many of Juanita's attempts were blocked or off-target.  The defensive skills of the Italian female were proving more effective than those of Ms. Perez.  It looked as though the pursuit of the Cheetah was noticeably slower than in the previous four-rounds.  She needed to reestablish control of the match or risk losing a one-sided decision.         After an early exchange of flurries by the ladies to start round six, Juanita seemed to recapture her speed afoot.  That speed advantage allowed her to cut off the retreat of her enemy.  On the inside of her prey's jab, she wisely worked on pounding the torso of her European foe.  With swift flurries to the svelte body of her adversary the defense of the Italian started to crumble.  The last thirty seconds of the sixth round was a painful experience for the older woman.  Although her rival had some moments of control in my opinion the concentrated assault by Juanita at the close of the sixth stanza gave her the round.  

AT THE END OF ROUND SIX MARIA RITA REMOVED HER MOUTH SHIELD AS SHE RETURNED TO HER CORNER FOR THE MINUTE BREAK.  THOSE BODY BLOWS HAD DEFINITELY LEFT HER WINDED.  

After the the final break both women came together for a final glove tap prior to starting a critically important last round.  Maria was the first to connect with her primary assault weapon the laser accurate left jab.  Once more it connected with the belabored nose of her rival.  Blood oozed from the orifice offering her attacked a red bulls-eye to aim for.  Invigorated by this early success, Ms. Berti tapped into her remaining energy reserves to assault her red-nosed enemy. 

MS. BERTI MIXED HER OFFENSE THREADING THIS LEFT HOOK THROUGH THE OUTSTRETCHED GLOVES OF HER ADVERSARY.  

Driven back by the forward charging assailant, Juanita was compressed against the turnbuckle in her opponent's corner.  Her only two options were to secure  her attacker in a clinch or battle her way out of this predicament.  She successful encircled Maria Rita holding her tightly until the referee separated the struggling pair.  Counter-attacking the Miami battler managed to win back temporary dominance, but that only lasted a heartbeat before the determined visitor flurried back to claim the initiative again.  Using her reliable lead jabs and quick combinations the fighter from Europe forced the sanitation worker to give ground before her in-charging aggressor.

AS ROUND SEVEN WOUND DOWN, "SORELLA KNOCKOUT" SCORED AGAIN ON HER ENEMY'S NOSE WITH THAT PREMIER WEAPON THROUGHOUT THE FIGHT - HER LEFT JAB.

It was a melee worthy of two determined athletes who let it all fly in the closing seconds of this donnybrook.  Ding-ding, came the bell ending what was a most entertaining and competitive boxing shootout.  Now it was up to the judges to determine the winner of this match.  I didn't envy the task they undertook.   
       In a closely scored but unanimous decision the ring announcer delivered the final result.

" LADIES AND GENTLEMEN, THE WINNER AFTER AN AWESOME RUMBLE IS MARIA RITA BBBBEEEERRRTTTTI"  

Griffy
Advanced Member
Griffy
Advanced Member

Aug 15 2018, 09:10 #3

FRIENDS NOT ENEMIES

Following their terrific fight, MARIA RITA BERTI and JUANITA PEREZ met with me in one of the small Miami Garden Floor offices to tell me about their impressions of the battle.  

DESTINY:  Ladies let me congratulate you both on that great performance.  It was definitely a crowd-pleasing rumble.  I know that both of you can’t wait to take a refreshing shower so I will try to make this interview quick and painless.   Maria was it the fight you expected?

MARIA:  No it was nothing at all like I expected, but I’ve never had a fight that turned out as I anticipated.  Most significantly I gained the victory and got to meet a woman who I hope will be my friend long after this night is forgotten.  Juanita is not only a great boxer, she is a gracious and personable friend.  

JUANITA:  Thank you so much for that very special compliment Maria.  I feel honored that you would call me your friend.  It was wonderful getting the opportunity to meet you.  Of course, you could have been gracious enough not to pound on my nose so much.  (she smiles and gently chuckles after saying that.)  

MARIA:  I apologize but it wasn’t because I didn’t like you.  I often do that to other Glamboxers I meet.  I guess you could say it was like a personality quirk.  

DESTINY:  Juanita, did Maria do anything in this fight that you hadn’t anticipated?

JUANITA:  Yes, I think the biggest surprise was that pesky left jab she displayed throughout the fight.  My trainer and I both thought that because I am taller, I would have the reach advantage over her.  That certainly never happened.  Instead she fought the game plan I expected I would use against her.  When you can establish your jab in any fight, that gives you a huge advantage.  Unfortunately she couldn’t miss my nose with that terrific jab.  That made it hard for me to fire blows back at her with her big, black gloved fists slamming into my face.  

DESTINY:  Maria Rita this was your first match in America.  What did you think of Miami?

MARIA:  It is awesome.  Having someone like Juanita who lives here show me around was extra special.  I thoroughly enjoyed our time together, shopping and sight-seeing in this great city.  I hope that one day she can come to see my country.  I would enjoy showing her what Italy has to offer in return for her favor to me.  Maybe we will meet in a future match in my homeland.  

DESTINY:  Maria I’m curious to know what you remember about the start of round four when Juanita bombed you with that terrific straight right jab?  I was amazed you didn’t get knocked off your feet.

MARIA:  I don’t really remember clearly what happened.  My reaction was just instinctive – what I learned from my trainer.  When I felt the rope on my back and saw Juanita attacking I automatically threw a punch.  I don’t even remember what punch I threw now.  I knew I didn’t want to be where I was then so I had to fight my way back toward center ring.  Luckily, I saw an escape route and took it.  Juanita never quit trying to impose her will on me.  She is a very tough fighter.

DESTINY:  Juanita this was your seventh loss in a row.  What are you planning to do to turn this trend around?

JUANITA:  It is funny that you asked that question tonight.  Since you are here and I’m one of the fighters who beat you in the past, I thought I would call you out.  Come out of retirement and fight me again.  You could get revenge for that loss, but more importantly I would beat you again and get my boxing career heading in the right direction.  What do you think of that idea?

DESTINY: Wait, this is supposed to be a post-fight interview, not a challenge to me.  I must admit being at ringside did arouse my fighting spirit.  Boxing is such an exhilarating experience I don’t think I’ll ever get it out of my blood, but a comeback is not something to consider off-handedly.  Let’s get back on the subject of tonight’s fight.  Maria Rita who would you like to call out for your next fight?

MARIA:  Naturally I would like to fight for a championship.  Winning the Italian middleweight title would be a good start.  I think this fight added more ring experience so I want to keep fighting and climbing up the middleweight rankings.  

DESTINY:  Well I promised you a short interview so I think  I need to wrap up the interview.  I have lots of other questions I’d like to ask, but instead I will just thank you both for allowing me the pleasure of seeing your great confrontation and hearing your thoughts about the fight.  Best wishes to you both.

MARIA:  Thank you for letting us tell the fans a little about us.  I look forward to meeting you again Destiny.  Maybe in the ring WHEN you come out of retirement.

JUANITA: Just remember I get to fight her first.  I’ll soften her up for your match.  You better get ready “Dream Girl”!

DESTINY:  Wait a minute, you two are double-teaming me.  That isn’t fair.  I can see I’ve lost control of this interview.  I’m out of a job it seems.   

Confirmation of reply: