Fight Reviews and Opinions about upcoming fights

KATHRIN vs MILDRED

Griffy
Advanced Member
Griffy
Advanced Member

12 Nov 2017, 12:06 #1

SOMEONE WILL FAIL

After the official weigh-in the two Glamboxers for tomorrow night's IGL European Featherweight Championship met in the conference center to provide their respective insights about the match:

MODERATOR: Kathrin Wagner your official weight was announced as 56.9 kilograms is that what you expected? How are you feeling?

KATHRIN: That is exactly the weight I intended for the fight. I feel strong and eager to get down to the business of defending my championship for the third time.

MODERATOR: Mildred how did your preparation for this fight go?

MILDRED: It went very well. My trainer and I both feel that I have peaked at the perfect time. I very much appreciated some of the training I got here in Stockholm from the promoter. I'm looking forward to this championship opportunity. I know that Ms. Wagner will be a tough rival, but she has something I want so I'm determined to defeat her and get that European title.

MODERATOR: Mildred you fought for the World Featherweight Championship against Yumiko Kawakita in Tokyo, Japan and lost by unanimous decision. What affect will that have in the outcome of this bout?

MILDRED: It was a tough match against a world class fighter so I learned from the defeat. It gave me the experience to improve my ring skills. That will contribute to my victory against Kathrin tomorrow night.

MODERATOR: Kathrin of your 11-wins in 14-fights, you have never scored a knockout. Ms. Wilkins has scored 3-knockouts in her 9-victories to date. Does that concern you?

KATHRIN: No it doesn't. Though I've not scored a knockout thus fqr, I'm confident that I can and will score one in the future. Maybe even tomorrow night. I never go into a match thinking that I will score a knockout. My goal is to hit and not get hit. No fighter can knock me out if they don't hit me.

MODERATOR: Mildred will you knockout K-Glover tomorrow night?

MILDRED: That would be great. I obviously have the potential to knock my opponent out but I'm prepared to fight all out the full distance as necessary.

MODERATOR: Kathrin what do you feel is the key to victory against this challenger?

KATHRIN: I intend to impose my will upon the challenger. When she realizes that she can not win, her fate is sealed - she will lose. Boxing is a mental skill, not just power and speed. I've won my last four fights and feel fully confident that I will add another victory to my string tomorrow.

MODERATOR; Mildred what do you consider your winning edge in the coming fight?

MILDRED: I believe my speed and superior punching power will achieve my victory. In the boxing ring there is no place to hide or get additional energy resources. You only have the skills and energy that you bring to the fight. I fully expect to hit and hurt Ms. Wagner forcing her to fight me woman to woman. At that point she is doomed to defeat.

MODERATOR: What personal message would you like to deliver now to your adversary?

KATHRIN: Mildred I wish you the best. Though I will certainly defeat you in the ring tomorrow I bear you no ill-will. You will learn through personal experience why I am the defending champion and you are the challenger faced with an impossible task - trying to beat me.

MILDRED: Enjoy your final night as the European Champion because I'm going to take that honor from you tomorrow. At any moment during the fight realize that I can render you unconscious. If you survive the full seven-rounds you'll be lucky, but must live with the realization that you are now a former champion. I will see you in the ring girl!

The two women, shook hands before departing. One of them will fail to accomplish what she promised tonight. Who do you think that will be?

Griffy
Advanced Member
Griffy
Advanced Member

12 Nov 2017, 18:00 #2

IGL EUROPEAN FEATHEWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP
VIKING ARENA – STOCKHOLM, SWEDEN

KATHRIN WAGNER – CHAMPION

>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Versus <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

MILDRED WILKINS – CHALLENGER

OVER THE DISTANCE

It is fight night at the Viking Arena. Both women were warmly welcomed as they made their way to the ring. Using the audience applause as a barometer there seems to be no real crowd favorite. Throughout the opening ceremonies, the British champion seemed determined to intimidate K-glover with sinister glares and by pounding her gloves together vigorously before jabbing her glove outward toward the German glamboxer. None of these tactics prompted any visible reaction from her rival. Back in their respective corner, each women sets her guard while awaiting the bell.

ROUND ONE

Kathrin goes directly on the attack to begin the fight. Double jabs from the champ are only half effective; one strikes the nose of the prey, while the second punch is blocked by the right glove of the enemy.

THE STIFF LEFT JABS OF K-GLOVER FIND THEIR TARGET OVER THE UP-RAISED ARMS OF Ms. WILKINS.

Moving gracefully around the perimeter of the ring, the German champ spears the left jab steadily into the face of her foe. Mildred moves back, seeking to evade or block the intruding punch, but is not very successful. Bobbing and weaving, the Liverpool fighter attempts to come in under the extended jab with short armed blows to the body. Some of these counters connect, but not in any great number. As the round continues, the challenger displays her frustration with the failure of her offense to gain traction. It was clearly a very successful opening round for the defending champion who is taking full advantage of her penetrating jabs and occasional combinations. At the bell, the women abruptly stop and head for their corner. The briefing given to the two competitors will most likely be completely different; keep it up for the champ – get busier for the challenger.
ROUNDS TWO AND THREE

Mildred speeds from her corner in round two, only to be clobbered with a double whammy – left jab, right cross combination that jolted her head painfully backward. The challenger continued to lunge forward once she established her equilibrium. Kathrin swiveled aside, managing to connect with a left hook to the love handles of her attacker as she passed by. Determined to work her way in close to the sharp shooting champion, Mildred plowed forward, leading with her head before being grasped by the Glover’s two-arms.

NEAR THE CONCLUSION OF ROUND TWO, KATHRIN BROUGHT UP A LEFT HOOK THAT STUNNED THE FORWARD CHARGING CHALLENGER.

Although the British boxer did better when she waged an inside battle, Kathrin displayed her versatility with some strong clouts from short range, particularly the quick uppercut to the tummy. After two losing rounds, Mildred became much more physical in the third stanza. Thrusting her shoulder hard into the upper body and chin of K-glover she bulldozed the champ backward against the ropes or turnbuckle where she pumped short hooks and uppercuts on or slight above the beltline of her enemy. To prevent escape by her roped adversary, Ms. Wilkins grabbed the ropes with one gloved mitt while whaling away at any target of opportunity with the other fist.. After a minute or this rough housing, the referee halted the action and warned the challenger to watch her head and keep her blows above the belt line. The lecture seemed to accomplish its mission for the remainder of round three. Back near center ring, Kathrin once more employed the efficient left jabs to keep her rival at a distance and off-balance.

ROUND FOUR

Charging quickly across the ring as the bell signaled the beginning of the fourth round Ms. Wilkins concentrated her offense at the body of her adversary. Once again the black gloved missiles from the challenger landed at the beltline or below. Because of his position the referee missed these errant blows. Pinned against the ropes, the champion was angered by this improper assault. When she managed to separate herself from the ropes, she was mauled and wrestled to the restricting hemp barrier. Although the challenger had the advantage in the brawling it was not popular with either the boxing purist or the champ.

MS. WILKINS FIRED BLOWS LIKE THIS THAT TARGETED THE BELTLINE. THE TOP OF KATHRIN’S GROIN PROTECTOR WAS VISIBLE ABOVE THE WAISTLINE OF HER BOXING TRUNKS.

ROUND FIVE

Attempting to resume the strategy that had worked for her in the previous round, the challenger pressed her victim back toward the ropes with more of the questionable body blows. In using that technique the English brunette left her head exposed. K-glover seized upon this oversight to explode a powerful straight right jab to the face of the unprepared foe. Stunned and befuddled by that blockbuster, the challenger’s guard dropped even lower.

K-GLOVER STARTED A COMPLETE TURNABOUT OF DOMINATION WITH THIS HAMMERING RIGHT BLAST TO THE CHALLENGER'S HEAD

Set back on her heels, the challenger struggled to maintain her balance and escape the incoming bombardment from her enemy. Her defense crumpled like crackers under the battering Everlast gloves of the champion. Draped over the top rope Mildred’s arms were no longer offering any protection from the storm of angry leather. At that point, the referee stepped in to administer a standing eight-count to the hapless challenger.

WHILE THE CHALLENGER GETS AN EIGHT COUNT BY THE REFEREE, KATHRIN TAKES THE OPPORTUNITY TO ADJUST HER GROIN PROTECTOR AND BOXING SKIRT.

For the remainder of the fifth stanza, the champion pursued her retreating challenger, Whenever the English challenger tried to set and fire back at her attacker, she was peppered with a fusillade of hurtful lefts and rights. When the bell sounded Ms. Wilkins trudged lead footed back to her corner.

ROUNDS SIX AND SEVEN

Throughout the final two rounds, K-glover belabored her struggling foe with the whip-like leather of snappy jabs and flurries of combinations. Mildred made sporadic attempts to counter attack her dominating opponent, but they failed to stop the crusading German avenger. In short order the champion squelched every attempted revolt with her vaunted left jabs and assorted combinations.

THROUGHOUT THE FINAL TWO ROUNDS THE CHAMP BELABORED THE STRUGGLING CHALLENGERS WITH POWERFUL PUNCHES LIKE THIS. MILDRED'S FEEBLE GUARD OFFERED NO PROTECTION FROM THE AVALANCHE OF BLOWS.

Although Ms. Wilkins wobbled unsteadily a couple of times during the climax of this boxing blitz she fought back just enough to avoid being dropped for a countdown, or another standing count by the referee. There was no question that K-glover had established her position as the alfa figure of the match. The announced outcome was a foregone conclusion.

WINNER BY UNANIMOUS DECISION AND STILL IGL EUROPEAN FEATHERWEIGHT CHAMPION ….KATHRIN "K-GLOVER" WAGNER.

So it ended, both women shook hands. The British challenger left the ring, while the winner was
rewarded with the title belt and the "Nyborgs Strumpbyxor" trophy as recognition for the best fighter of the evening. With rafter-rattling applause the audience let her know they agreed.

THE CHAMPION POSES FOR FANS AND PHOTOGRAPHERS TO EXHIBIT THE REWARDS OF HER NIGHT’S WORK.