Advanced Member
Griffy
Advanced Member

01 Oct 2017, 18:17 #1

WAR FOR THE WORLD WITH GLOVES

DEIKE “BLONDE THUNDER” NEUMANN – CHAMPION

>>>>>>>>>>>>> VERSUS <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

SABINE “SAVAGE” RIBERT – CHALLENGER

France and Germany have had some serious military conflicts in the past. Tonight the war is between two beautiful and competitive female boxers representing their country in a boxing ring. They will entertain a huge audience of expectant fans who appreciate the athleticism and beauty of glamorous women who box. I should also mention that these two feisty beauties will be competing for the IGL World Lightweight Championship. A sport competition is far more civilized than military conflict, but I dare say this conflict offers a ferocity that ignites explosive excitement for aficionados of glamour boxing. Blonde Thunder (Deike Neumann) enters the ring as the defending champion. Sabine “Savage” Ribert intends to take that coveted title away from her German foe.
Comparing the records of the women provides no clear cut advantage for either. Ms. Ribert is 8-years older than the champion, with two-fights less ring experience. Three-years ago, Sabine defeated tonight’s opponent to strip her of the European championship. Tonight she has even more incentive to win. She would like nothing better than to lay claim to the IGL World Lightweight championship. Blonde Thunder is making her second defense of that belt so she is equally determined to thwart Sabine's ambitious goal. It makes for an interesting conflict that will soon be definitively settled. Throughout the ceremonial introductions, the focus of both fighters is laser bright. Now it is time to get on to the action.

ROUND ONE -
The action was instantaneous from the clank of the bell. Deike got off the first shots of this rumble. Her left fist, split the guard of the Savage followed by a right cross that flew harmlessly behind the head of her target. Responding promptly, Sabine snapped out a countering straight right jab that grazed the cheek of the champ. Established at close range, the two women volleyed with lefts and rights too numerous to count. Many scored on their intended prey. The punches from the “savage French bomber were harder and more accurate.

SABINE ATTACKED THE CHAMPION WITH RELENTLESS AGGRESSION.

It was clear that Deike wasn’t comfortable with the pace of this opening stanza. She is probably wondering what happened to the “feeling out” process? Back and forth the leather bullets flew. With exciting action like this opening exchange, the audience exploded with loud applause and enthusiastic encouragement for their favored boxer. The majority of those in attendance were German so their patriotic inclination was to support “Blonde Thunder'. They did not appreciate seeing their champion being pummeled by this French invader. Neither scrapper wanted to give ground or relent from the torrid pace they initiated. The referee had little to do other than stay out of their way and enjoy the slugfest. The first 90-seconds of this championship encounter was spellbinding. No one could believe it was the end of the opening session even though the bell was piercingly audible. What a start to this world title shootout.

Between rounds, the reality of that all-out brawling in the first round was obvious in the corner of both ladies. Likely their respective managers cautioned them that there were six more rounds scheduled. They were instructed to fight with more restraint using every punch to impair their rival and avoid getting caught with a knockout wallop. Now it was time to get back to their respective fight plans just as they were trained to do.

ROUND TWO -
Opening the second session the boxers came to center ring and begin to circle while establishing punching distance with their respective lead jabs. Both of them displayed quick fisted blows and sound defense. Bobbing gracefully the challenger seemed more adroit at connecting with her jabs than did the less mobile Titleist. After nearly a full minute of controlled aggression the French fighter worked in harder combinations that caused Blonde Thunder's head to snap painfully backward from the impact of these combined strikes.

"SAVAGE COMBINED POWERFUL RIGHT CROSSES LIKE THIS TO INTENSIFY HER ATTACK IN ROUND TWO.

The face of the German champ was growing increasingly rosy from the cumulative bombardment. Deike looked for countering opportunities under the barrage of jabs and hooks, but she missed the majority of these sporadic responses. As the round progressed the confidence of the busy challenger increased with each exchange. The outcome of this second period favored the French contender. Although it was slower paced than the initial round most ringsiders saw the challenger getting then nod in round two. Patrons were impressed by the boxing skills of these two comely competitors. Clang, the bell sounded to conclude a most explosive and entertaining round of glamboxing.

ROUND THREE –
The conflict continued with the same enthusiastic aggression from the challenge during the opening seconds of this stanza. Taking advantage of a crack in the defensive shield of the raven haired French beauty, Ms. Neumann connected with a jack hammer pair of jabs to the exposed nose of the Savage. Those stinging strikes to the enemy’s sensitive sniffer brought tears to her eyes. With her vision temporarily distorted, the challengers attempted counters were off target allowing the advancing champ to land more follow-up bullets.

DEIKE DISPLAYED HER POWER ARSENAL WITH DYNAMITE HOOKS LIKE THIS IN HER ROUND THREE COMEBACK.

This was more agreeable to the excited German fans who saw the tide of battle shifting in favor of their heroine. Sabine gallantly tried to stem the flow of missiles streaking toward her, but she was pushed backward from the assault and couldn’t halt the in-rushing assailant. After 90-seconds of heavy bombardment, both Ms. Ribert and her corner team were greatly pleased to hear the bell signal a conclusion to this turn-around period. The challenger needed some attentive treatment for the scrapes and bruises incurred during the melee of the third round.

ROUND FOUR-
Immediately when the rumble resumed both antagonist loaded up with heavier punches. Most of these missiles did not connect, or were partially blocked enroute to the target. The Dusseldorf damsel recorded more hits as the round advanced. The impact of the strikes rocked the Savage challenger. She was unable to set up for her punches, negatively effecting her accuracy and striking power. There were numerous painful exchanges between the fighters, but neither woman looked in any danger of being knocked off her nylon-clad gams. Sweating and swinging at each other with bad intentions, this fourth round was intensely contested. Because of her better accuracy, the champion probably captured another round on the score cards of the judges. Weariness was displayed when near the final seconds the period, the two combatants locked up in a clinch and looked into the eyes of their rival with new found respect.

NEARING THE END OF ROUND FOUR, CHAMP AND CHALLENGER CLINCHED NEAR THE ROPES EYEING EACH OTHER WITH WEARINESS AND DETERMINATION TO DOMINATE.

With three-rounds left to fight, the eventual outcome was still very much in doubt.

ROUND FIVE-
Ms. Neumann came forth to start the round with a fusillade of stiff jabs to the face of her rival. The head and upper body movement used to evade earlier incoming jabs by the challenger were ineffective now. Encouraged by her early barrage, "Blonde Thunder" pressed forward behind her piston-like fists.

THE CHAMP PRESSED HER FOE BACKWARD WITH PUNCHES THAT TARGETED BOTH THE HEAD AND BODY OF HER STRUGGLING OPPONENT.

Using her full arsenal of punches the champion broke through the leaking defense of the challenger with increasing regularity. Sabine displayed her sturdy chin standing up under a blistering assault that appeared to come from every direction. Deike punished the challenger's head and body with equal vigor. Her championship talents left no question about who was in charge of this stanza. Mercifully the bell chimed allowing Ms. Ribert one-minute to recover from the punishment administered during the disastrous fifth round.

ROUND SIX -
The corner work of the challenger's team was most commendable. Sabine was up and quick to re-enter the fray. Her amazing recovery seemed to take the champion aback. Expecting to continue the dominance she held in round five, she received a traumatic shock. The champ's punches were missing more often than connecting. When an errand blow missed its intended target, the Savage responded with a strike of her own. The battle ebbed and flow with first the German lass forcing the action but finding her enemy elusive and quick to retaliate.

DEIKE INITIATED MUCH OF THE ACTION IN ROUND SIX, BUT THE CHALLENGER COUNTER-ATTACKED TO MAKE THE SCORING FOR ROUND SIX EXTREMELY CLOSE.

Watching these two gallant lady-warriors fight for supremacy in round six was primal. The features of both women were bruised and blood stained. With the last round still to go, both corners have to know that the fight hinges on who win the seventh round.

ROUND SEVEN-
tapping gloves near center ring the ladies each glared at the opposition. This was it. Who wanted the championship most? Deike fired off the first jabs while Sabine looked like a tight spring ready to uncoil like a lethal viper. The champion displayed remarkable snap on her jabs and combinations while the French challenger fired off killer power shops when she recognized a possible opening. It was a question whether the challenger could find just the split second when she might deliver the "big one" that would cripple he rival. Although they both were physically exhausted their forced themselves to concentrate as though everything depended on what happened with the next punch. The crowd was riveted by the tense game of hunter and prey. With just a handful of seconds left in this final stanza the challenger spied the opening she had been looking for. Bam. a sledgehammer right jab breached the lowered defensive guard of the champion.

"SAVAGE" LANDED WITH THIS THUNDERING STRAIGHT RIGHT HAND TO THE CHIN OF HER ENEMY JUST BEFORE ROUND SEVEN ENDED.

A tremor of shock traveled down Deike's body from the devastating power of the blow. She appeared totally paralyzed, unable to command her body. Rocked off-balance "Blonde Thunder" leaned board stiff back against the ropes. The ring ropes propped her upright but she was completely exposed to any assault her assailant might deliver. However in that suspenseful second the bell sounded and the corner team of the champion arrived to rescue her. The fight was over. As the champion revived, her frustrated attacker flinched with disbelief. Sabine had her dream that close to reality. As everyone suspected, the outcome was going to be a close decision. The two fighters who had spent a dozen minutes slugging away at each other, now stood solemnly beside the referee awaiting the decision. The announcer read the scores - Judge 1 - 3-rounds Deike, 2-rounds Sabine and 2-rounds even; judges 2 and 3 both had identical scores 4-rounds Deike, 3-rounds Sabine. It seemed that just one round determined the winner by a very close but unanimous decision in favor of Deike Neumann. The referee raised the winner's hand in victory while the two women hugged each other in a display of good sportsmanship and respect.

DEIKE "BLONDE THUNDER" NEUMANN RETAINS THE IGL WORLD LIGHTWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP AS WELL AS THE GOLDEN STATUETTE AS FIGHTER OF THE NIGHT!

POST FIGHT INTERVIEW -

INTERVIEWER: Ladies that as a terrific fight. You both fought your hearts out. I know you haven't had much time to sort out your feelings, but if you would please tell your rival and many fans just how you feel now.

It was more like a war than just a seven-round fight. Sabine gave me one of the toughest fight of my entire boxing career. She earned my deep respect as a competitor and woman. That last bomb she hit me with with was a doozy. I'll have to review the tapes to really know what happened. Right from round one she fought me tough. If I hadn't been in great shape I never would have gone the distance. It was like being in a cyclone through rounds one and two. I
needed every weapon in my arsenal to retain my championship. Now I'm ready to get a rest and savor the victory. I wish Sabine good luck in her future boxing career. You bought out my best in order to retain the championship.

It was a war. When I was able to execute my game plan in rounds one and two, I had every expectation that I would achieve my dream to become the World Lightweight Champion. Your amazing comeback in the middle rounds destroyed my early confidence. You never gave up. No wonder you are the world champion with such a remarkable record of achievement. You are not just the outstanding fighter of this night, but maybe the best lightweight champion ever in the IGL. You won tonight - fair and square. it was an honor competing against you. You taught me a lot. I will try to live up to your expressed predictions for my boxing fortunes. Thank you so much for giving me this opportunity.

The two fighters embraced before leaving for their respective dressing rooms. It was a night of women's boxing I will never forget. Good night fans.

Griffy
Advanced Member
Griffy
Advanced Member

04 Oct 2017, 07:43 #2

Düsseldorf, 4 October 2017

President Denav and all IGL Fans,
It has been several days since my last fight. Defending my championship against Sabine Ribert was difficult. The final outcome was never assured.
She wanted to win nearly as badly as I did. That was fight number 19; 12-wins, 5-losses and 2-draws. When I fought against Sandra Van Alden
for the European Title I loss. That was four years ago but today I am the IGL World Lightweight Champion – it seems unbelievable.
After my last two successful outings I have come to a decision.
Thanks to you and the fans of the IGL I’ve had an amazing life of challenge and accomplishment. Win or lose, I’ve always tried to do my best.
Despite the competitive nature of this sport of boxing I hold no grudges but have acquired many precious friends and fans.
At the age of 30 I probably could continue fighting but what do I have to prove? I’ve been to the top of the mountain.
From there you can only go down. So it is that at this time I am announcing my retirement from boxing in the IGL.
I have two children Dieter and Mathilda a loving supportive husband and a teaching profession all very satisfying and demanding.
The league and my many fans are treasures beyond reckoning. I thank you President Denav and your able staff for providing me
with this marvelous experience. I shall never forget you.
Good luck to the worthy contenders who will continue the legacy of this special organization.
I plan to get to future league events as often as possible. Remember me with pleasure as I will remember all of you.

An appreciative former champ,
Deike “Blonde Thunder” Neumann

DEIKE NEUMANN DISPLAYS THREE OF THE CHAMPIONSHIP BELTS SHE WON DURING HER DISTINGUISHED CAREER IN THE IGL.