Outline of Events: WV Home

Have a personal experience or story you would like to share?

Outline of Events: WV Home

Zara727
Zara727

21 Jul 2016, 06:04 #1

8/19/15 my ex-husband died suddenly after shutting himself off from everyone. He died at his residence in his sleep.

8/15 our 19 year old daughter thought she sensed his presence in the house when she and her husband were cleaning out the house. They also replaced the floors and kitchen appliances and furniture.

She felt comforted because she took his passing very hard, even blaming herself. She told me she smelled Dad's cologne or deodorant and it had to be him because her husband didn't wear those brands.

8/15 2 year old granddaughter talked to Granddad and looked over their heads as though someone was standing behind them. She was his first grandchild and they shared a special relationship. The strange thing is, Granddad had never been to this house. I'm not sure he ever met Gramma Nette and Pappy Jim who are my son-in-law's grandparents. She lived with them for the couple of months the house was being remodeled.

Soda cans and small objects moved. She asked her husband why he kept moving them and he said he hadn't touched them.

She told her Dad "Very funny Dad". It continued to happen. She usually verbally acknowledges occurrences with no response.

husband was on a ladder looking for a raccoon or other critter in the ceiling that was scratching and keeping them awake. He didn't found a nest or any other indication that anything had been in the crawlspace.

Smoky, bad smell in the laundry room. She had her husband check behind the washer and dryer to see if a wire had shorted or if there was anything stinky back there. He didn't find anything, but the smell is permeating the Master Bedroom. The laundry room and bedroom share a wall. Actually the Master Bedroom was added on.

7/16 they were awakened by a metallic sound. When they turned on the light, the baby's O2 concentrator had been moved from near the baseboard heater to beside the bed.

7/18/16 smelled Granddad's cologne in the computer room.

7/20/16 she finished watching a movie on her iPad, shut it down and put the case back on. Later they were awakened by the iPad playing a movie at full volume. She had to remove the case to turn the volume down.

Occurrences are escalating and becoming more disturbing. The baby has been waking up screaming and pointing toward the closet. She won't say what she saw. The only thing in the closet is a picture of Dale Earnhardt, Granddad's favorite driver.

There is an old (unused for at least 20 years) cistern/well? under the breezeway drive that is covered with a well-fitting metal lid.

Water flow was recently diverted from back yard to keep it from washing out the recently redone driveway.

I mentioned Keith's suggestions and offered to do the research, but my daughter wants to wait and see what happens.

DF Admin KJ
Honorary Member
DF Admin KJ
Honorary Member

23 Jul 2016, 02:42 #2

It is fine to wait, as long as the activity does not seem threatening. ~ Keith
*flag*
Keith Johnson, N.E.A.R. Founder
MySpace

Zara727
Zara727

23 Jul 2016, 03:16 #3

Keith,

I spoke with Tammy this evening. She also said it was ok to wait. I'm going to talk to my daughter this weekend and hopefully I can convince her to have a 3-way conversation with Tammy. Something is scaring my granddaughter and I want to be reassured that it's nothing malevolent.

Thank you for all your help and I will continue to post.

Zara *yourock* *thk*

DF Admin KJ
Honorary Member
DF Admin KJ
Honorary Member

23 Jul 2016, 14:37 #4

You're entirely welcome Zara, and Tammy is someone who I trust implicitly. *ang*
Keith Johnson, N.E.A.R. Founder
MySpace

Shanna
Shanna

07 Sep 2016, 22:54 #5

I am interested to know if the smoky smell is cigarette smoke. This seems to be the calling card in my house. None of us smoke. It is nearly always the precursor or harbinger of activity.
The true measure of a man is how he treats those who can do nothing for him.

Zara727
Zara727

07 Sep 2016, 23:38 #6

Shanna @ Sep 7 2016, 06:54 PM wrote:I am interested to know if the smoky smell is cigarette smoke. This seems to be the calling card in my house. None of us smoke. It is nearly always the precursor or harbinger of activity.

No it is a wood smoke smell and doesn't precede activity but is an activity in itself.

NOTE: Activity has ceased since my posts

Shanna
Shanna

09 Sep 2016, 01:56 #7

I wonder why smoke is related to these occurrences.
The true measure of a man is how he treats those who can do nothing for him.

Zara727
Zara727

04 Aug 2017, 19:34 #8

Things have been pretty quiet for the past year. Or so I thought. My daughter called me last night (8/3/17) in a total panic. Talking even faster than usual and not making sense. I told her to breath and slow down. I asked her if she was home or driving. She said she was home now but something had happened on the road. I asked if she was hurt. She said 'no, I'm just freaking out.'

I asked her what had happened. She was listening to music on an old iPhone when she heard static and a demonic voice. There was an item called 'sound' by 'unknown artist', 7 seconds long that hadn't been there when she left the house. It wasn't on computer she copied the playlist from either. It just appeared while she was driving. When she got home she played it again to try to determine what the voice was saying. She heard something large fall in the back bedroom. She was home alone so she called me and told me the above.

I asked her when the activity had started again. She didn't know but said it had recently accelerated. I asked if she had kept track of it and she said no. She said there has been more scary stuff than the comforting smells and playful moving of small objects she associates with her dad.

-The second anniversary of her father's passing is 8/19/17.
-A kitten from their outside cat's litter that had died was found on the front porch. My SIL had thrown it in the woods. Would a momma cat be able to find a dead kitten when she wasn't home? Would she put it on the porch?
-The scratching in the ceiling and walls of the master bedroom has begun again even though access was blocked.
-Sound of things falling in the kitchen although there is nothing to fall.
-Moving shadows in the back bedroom when no one is in that end of the house.
-My daughter hears a male voice calling her name.

There may be other details I'm forgetting. I just know that at point my daughter is frightened. She is home alone a lot at night because of her husband's shift. The activity is focused at her.

Any suggestions or explanations would be appreciated. I have given her Tammy's contact info and hope I can at least get her to reach out.

Thanks for listening.

Zara727
Zara727

05 Aug 2017, 01:13 #9

My daughter just called very angry. Something hit and dented her mailbox. The door won't close and her mail was soaked. There was no paint on the mailbox. I guess it could have been a kid with a ball bat. :poke:

Zara727
Zara727

08 Aug 2017, 02:49 #10

My daughter called few minutes ago. She was starting a load of laundry when she heard the lamp in her bedroom click off. Her sleeping 4 yo daughter is the only other person home.