Ouija Boards and my students

Hauntings- science, psychology, physiology, etc.

Ouija Boards and my students

Shanna
Shanna

14 May 2015, 23:22 #1

I simply cannot believe how many kids in my classes are talking about using ouija boards. They are only around ten years old. Their parents are buying them for them. Sheesh.
The true measure of a man is how he treats those who can do nothing for him.

texas_troll
texas_troll

14 May 2015, 23:39 #2

Unfortunately, they are treated like board games. They are even sold in toys r us. Then, with the stories of Zozo, Zaza, and Mama spreading, kids and teens want to try it. No one tell them how dangerous it is. No one tell them that it's a doorway they can't close. There is never a good out come.

Pray for them. I know it's hard to address a subject like that in a school environment without a parent going off the deep end.

Matthew 16:19 "I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven; whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven."

"A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort." -Herm Albright

Shanna
Shanna

14 May 2015, 23:41 #3

It really is hard to address! I simply look at them and tell them that they are dangerous and try to discourage them. Waiting for a parent phone call. <_<

DF Admin KJ
Honorary Member
DF Admin KJ
Honorary Member

17 May 2015, 16:50 #4

This is a dilemma, Shanna. Sometimes all we can do is try to point them in the right direction, and then allow them to realize the consequences down the line, as I did while a teenager.
*huh*
Keith Johnson, N.E.A.R. Founder
MySpace

darkseed2012
Advanced Member
darkseed2012
Advanced Member

18 May 2015, 03:50 #5

With shows like supernatural on the air, it is no wonder when a kid finds out that there is a thread or rope of choking truth in these shows now playing that they want to be part of the "awesomeness" of the lifestyle they see on TV. They just don't get that on TV the main character is harder to kill than a snot nose kid with planchette and a ouija board.

I noticed the pattern young enough to not bother with ouija until much later in life. They always show stifling hot young ladies or lady and a bunch of dudes using a ouija board on TV, but there is always some hot bait for the demon. Me and my friend tried ouija with just dudes and got nothing crazy at all. We even talked to Zozo about sexing up my roommate and I even channeled him using my normal method and never felt threatened having dealt with far more dangerous demons.

Ouija boards are only dangerous if your protection is weak. I doubt the power of Zozo, but maybe it is just that I'm so powerful in the style of magic I have that keeps ouija board demons at bay. Like with any kid, they only learn when it is too late. All you can do is be there to catch them when they fall, if they even realize they fell at all. Most of those kids are going to grow up, join gangs, do drugs and either die or end up in prison. I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but we live in a debunker society. Every paranormal noise is a rat in the attic or squirrels in the walls.

Shanna
Shanna

18 May 2015, 23:55 #6

You have some good points there, Darkseed.

I guess it's going to be natural consequences. Most will never even put two and two together.

grendal
grendal

23 Dec 2015, 03:25 #7

I believe this is normal. The rebel factor. I was told drinking is bad for you, I not only drank as a teen I sold liquor in school by the locker full and the trunk full with my friends. The more you say not to do something the more they will want to do it.

Obama is saying we don't need guns, I'm getting a license to buy and sell guns as a collector.
Beware spirits....you never know where I'll pop up next.... You run, I chase, you chase, I stand my ground, you cuss I cuss more, you slap me, I laugh at you. Throw things at me, throw me through the room, you don't scare me and I will continue to hunt you. Proud member of SIRS www.sirsparanormal.com

Old paranormal page being rebuilt. Will update all links on forum once rebuilding is completed.

DF Mod LadyStarla

22 Feb 2016, 17:41 #8

At this point I too believe it is normal to be curious. However, it can have serious consquences. Many have no clue anything can happen. It is a open door. I am hoping I have gotten mine to ignore it. However about a month ago a kid brought one to school and as she objected, they put it on her desk to play with. That teacher stopped it all, but so many issues there.

I personally think it is a plan to get kids to want to check out the dark side. That show Lucifer really concerns me, but we do not watch it. Just the concept concerns me.
The easiest way for evil to win is for good men and women to do nothing.

DF Admin KJ
Honorary Member
DF Admin KJ
Honorary Member

10 Mar 2016, 04:34 #9

Not being a teacher in the public or private school systems myself, I wonder how far teachers would even be "allowed" to warn young students of the potential dangers of Ouija board use... that is, if students persistent in using them in the classroom, or in the school cafeteria or playground, or on school buses.
*shamr*
Keith Johnson, N.E.A.R. Founder
MySpace

isabel9710
Honorary Member
isabel9710
Honorary Member

10 Mar 2016, 18:37 #10

DF Admin KJ @ Mar 9 2016, 11:34 PM wrote: Not being a teacher in the public or private school systems myself, I wonder how far teachers would even be "allowed" to warn young students of the potential dangers of Ouija board use... that is, if students persistent in using them in the classroom, or in the school cafeteria or playground, or on school buses.
*shamr*

Now that schools have forced religion out of the classrooms, it would be a horrid bind for the teachers. :(
You can change my body, but you can't touch my soul.
~Sgt. Styles of Afterlife (The Outer Limits)