Haunted Objects

Hauntings- science, psychology, physiology, etc.

Haunted Objects

LouGuru
Veteran Member
LouGuru
Veteran Member

10 Feb 2017, 09:52 #1

I'm not sure if this is the right place for post but I'm curious about what the story is regarding the phenomena of a object being haunted. I think the dybbuk box is the closest example I can use since it was that story which peaked my interest.

So, my curiosity is really in multiple areas such as, who or what haunts these objects, and can any inanimate object be haunted, such as a table or coffee cup or a door for example?
Also, what kind of entity is usually in an object, and how does it get in there or out of it. Are they banished then imprisoned inside an object?
Is a haunted object the same as if a house was haunted?

I think of the story about the Genie in a bottle because the Genie is trapped in a bottle or a lamp until someone rubs it or says something that stirs it up.
I imagine it's just a type of bad or evil energy inside of an object. I guess you really can't have a visual on this type of thing.

In the dybbuk box the entity seems to come out of the box when it's opened but then it goes back in until the next time it's opened.
I remember hearing about the show called, The Haunted collector. I never watched it but I'd see the commercials for it.
Has anyone owned such an object or been around someone elses?

I guess that's why I posted this here because I just didn't imagine there being a lot of answers out there for this subject. Mostly theories I assumed. Maybe I'm wrong, but I'm very interested to find out though.
Thanks

texas_troll
texas_troll

11 Feb 2017, 04:05 #2

One of the previous owners of the box was here, years ago. Long before Z.Bagins aquire it for his haunted museum.

It wasn't so much that the box was haunted, as it had been used for an entrapment. When the box was opened at the antique shop, the entity was set loose. Presumably, to attack the owners already I'll mother, leaving her in a catatonic state.

It has been bought and sold seveal times, as well as copied on ebay.

As for objects, entities do attach themselves. Sometimes, unintentionally, during extremely emotional circumstances.

Attachments are not the same as possession though. I don't really subscribe to the theory that anything without a soul could be possessed, but rather, an attachment.

Why does that matter? An attachment can be bound to an object. Then disposal of the object can free the affected people. Whereas a possession or indwelling, must be exorcised.

An example of binding would be Jesus binding the Legion of demons to the heard of swine. Then they go mad and run off a cliff. Another example, closing the porthole on a oija/witch board. Then binding those attached to the board. Then the wrapping in salt and burying in consecrated ground. Thus trapping the entity with the board. (Just examples, different beliefs have different examples)

Interesting topic!

Cullen

Matthew 16:19 "I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven; whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven."

"A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort." -Herm Albright

LouGuru
Veteran Member
LouGuru
Veteran Member

16 Feb 2017, 19:25 #3

That's very interesting to know. Thank you!
I think it was a post I read here a ways back about the door in the upstairs bedroom of that house in New Orleans they thought was haunted. There was nothing on the other side of the door except the wall which led nowhere but outside. It had no apparent purpose. The only place with paranormal activity was in that room where the door was and when the door and frame were torn out and destroyed the activity stopped.
They said the door was haunted, or was the door right where a portal was?

texas_troll
texas_troll

17 Feb 2017, 21:31 #4

Or, has the activity actually stopped. Activity has a habit of laying dormant for periods, then picking up again.

Perhaps, the renovations that promoted the door being removed, are what was triggering the activity.

Hard to say without a case study over a very long period.

Cullen

Matthew 16:19 "I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven; whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven."

"A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort." -Herm Albright

DF Host Christine

09 Apr 2017, 17:51 #5

LouGuru @ Feb 10 2017, 04:52 AM wrote: I'm not sure if this is the right place for post but I'm curious about what the story is regarding the phenomena of a object being haunted. I think the dybbuk box is the closest example I can use since it was that story which peaked my interest.

So, my curiosity is really in multiple areas such as, who or what haunts these objects, and can any inanimate object be haunted, such as a table or coffee cup or a door for example?
Also, what kind of entity is usually in an object, and how does it get in there or out of it. Are they banished then imprisoned inside an object?
Is a haunted object the same as if a house was haunted?

I think of the story about the Genie in a bottle because the Genie is trapped in a bottle or a lamp until someone rubs it or says something that stirs it up.
I imagine it's just a type of bad or evil energy inside of an object. I guess you really can't have a visual on this type of thing.

In the dybbuk box the entity seems to come out of the box when it's opened but then it goes back in until the next time it's opened.
I remember hearing about the show called, The Haunted collector. I never watched it but I'd see the commercials for it.
Has anyone owned such an object or been around someone elses?

I guess that's why I posted this here because I just didn't imagine there being a lot of answers out there for this subject. Mostly theories I assumed. Maybe I'm wrong, but I'm very interested to find out though.
Thanks

Years ago I went ot see Ed Warren he had a doll in his 'museum' it was possessed or attached prior to my experience with that 'doll' I would never have believed it.
her name was Annabelle...
I understand people will do what was written here bind someone or something to the object so in that case I truly beleive it is possible and the thought of it is realllly creepy. :wacko:
Find me on "Kiss Me I'm Psychic the Psychic View"

Want to be a guest just ask. :)
Radio Psychic

LouGuru
Veteran Member
LouGuru
Veteran Member

10 Apr 2017, 05:13 #6

Isn't Ed Warren associated with the conjuring, and wasn't Annabelle made into a movie? I know Keith has mentioned the Warrens several times so I'm assuming that's who you're talking about, they are investigators. Did you experience something with the doll that made you feel that way?