Demonolody

Demonolody

Ceaser
Ceaser

02 Oct 2017, 17:56 #1

What is it, and are demons, and the devil real? If they are, what kind of demons are there, and what is the nature of Lucifer? Are they summonable?

Interested in the invocations from the Grand grimoire, and Key of Solomon.

darkseed2012
Advanced Member
darkseed2012
Advanced Member

03 Oct 2017, 15:30 #2

I have a lot of information on demon, but all of this comes from experience and some research. The types of beings I work with are unique and also listed. My works are collectively called the Prophecy.

Species marked with (*) are only known in the Prophecy.

Banshee: They are only dangerous if you are full blooded Irish. They are omens of death for the Irish. By anyone with the skill and ability, a Banshee is a go between for the sorcerer and the underworld.
Brown: Otherwise known as Brownies are house elves. They are not dangerous if treated well. The only suitable offering is milk. Mistreatment is where one can run into problems with bad luck.

*Di Gashiko: They are not known to possess mortals without good reason. They are said to fight an eternal war with each other and are immune to exorcism and death. These beings cannot be killed or harmed in any way and tend to possess elementals and pose global risk. Possession by this race is beyond rectifying by any means.

Djinn: Djinn are not a single race or type of beings; they have freewill and come in many forms, because they are shapeshifters. They can be extremely powerful or limited; Djinn are probably the most varied of all entity types. The Djinn are also the most useful if you seek magical help, but take care as they can be temperamental.

Feeder: This type of entity most often portrays itself as a monster in the closet or under the bed to frighten children. Feeders create fear, stress and anxiety in order to feed upon the energy. They are not often dangerous, but can be if they are sent by a particularly powerful host by a ranking demon or evil spirit.

Incubus: This being drains sexual energy from females. An Incubus, might drain energy to the point of ill health, but it seems they are more after pleasure.

*Rakashanamakana: This is the worst type of entity one can encounter when working with magic. They are the most powerful race of malevolent evil in this universe and are out for blood and power. They are relatively easy to work with, but they must be approach with a pure heart and virgin body or else possession can take place. Possession by this race of beings is impossible to rectify.

Rakshasa-Rakshasi: They are hideous creatures from Hindu mythology that are both good and evil, depending on the individual encountered. The darker nature of these beings warrants mentioning. They are said to be able to smell human flesh from a great distance and drink human blood. They are not known to possess people, but are capable of violent attacks.

*Shenkae: These are the spawn of evil Genra tribes and they seek to obtain power over the mortal world through possession of leaders. They make war and those leaders who desire war are the victims of possession by this race of beings. Shenkae are corrupted mortals that fell to the wills of the Shen’va. These beings can be free ranging in all locations.

*Shen’va: They are a race descendent from Kalar the Celestial Hell. They are a black mist filled with sentient hatred, malice and corruption. They like cold places in the north and south where snow clings to the land. They only bring their personalities out in people and awaken evil in the hearts of mortals. They do not possess people, but watching yourself for changes can catch their tactics. Staying on a path of Light thwarts their evil ways.

Succubus: They feed off a man’s sexual energy. They can drain energy to the point of ill health. The Succubus is the better known of this type of energy eating race. If a homosexual equivalent exists, it has not been described.

Wendigo: This creature possesses the victim and causes cannibalistic, insatiable greed and other culturally taboo behaviors in the victim. The Wendigo is most often associated with Algonquin folklore which places this creature in the Northern Forests of the Atlantic Coast of the United States and Canada.

Ceaser
Ceaser

03 Oct 2017, 17:26 #3

@Darkseed2012

That's informative, but ain't most of them are just creatures, rather than being demons?

04 Oct 2017, 21:08 #4

You are asking very broad questions, and therefore, can only expect to receive very broad answers. The answer, broadly speaking, depends upon the tradition/practice that you research.

Are demons/the devil real? Depends upon who you ask. An atheist might have a very different answer than an adherent to a religious belief system.

What kinds of demons are there? Depends upon the faith tradition you are looking at.

What is the nature of Lucifer? Depends upon the faith tradition you are looking at. In most systems the Lucifer or Satan figure is a trouble-maker, tempter, or a destructive and evil spiritual entity. Satanism and certain other spiritualistic belief systems may consider Lucifer to be a light-bearer or a wisdom bringer, perhaps even a creative force in the universe.

Are they summonable? Who? If you are asking specifically about 'Lucifer' or 'Satan' you might want to ask yourself... do you really think that such an entity is interested in talking with every day people or has nothing better to do than hang out in dark rooms with people reading words out of a book they found online? Do you believe that by some incantations a person can wrangle such an entity as though it were a bull being bound by ropes and chains and rendered powerless? I think that is a bit fantastical in thought to even begin to consider such things.

I would think that Lucifer or Satan has much bigger fish to fry than hanging out with someone in a dark room for kicks. Not trying to come across as rude - please don't take it that way... but, just being realistic about it. I would think that you would have to be a very high ranking occultist/satanist to get Satan to show up to your party, or a powerful or influential figure in society as well. I'm sure there are plenty of people who will claim to have spoken with or summoned the devil... but, my thought is that they had some other lesser devil playing the role - somewhat like an 'ambassador' who acts in the stead of their leader.

If this is merely a subject of curiosity? It's fine to be curious and to have questions. You'll have to do the research, buy books, study, and go from there. Asking for answers on a forum will get you answers, but, certainly not the be all end all that you might be hoping for.

If this is something you are contemplating getting involved in? A word of caution to you... these are not dumb creatures. Consider your life as it is now and ask yourself... do you want to risk opening a door to a world of immense suffering because you got into something and it backfired on you?

Having had to perform exorcisms on individuals who couldn't resist the temptation to dabble in the occult has led me to say with a good degree of confidence that you are better off not playing with fire. The overwhelming majority of exorcisms I've done were because people thought they had things under control and found themselves quickly in a world of pain and suffering. Burns, painful scratches and bites, no sleep for days (even weeks) on end, are just a few of the things I have witnessed happening to individuals (some even had all of these at once)... all because someone let curiosity get the best of them. That doesn't even get into the hell and fear that was unleashed on the family members in the home.

I hope you find this response helpful. Godspeed to you.

Ceaser
Ceaser

04 Oct 2017, 21:53 #5

Sorry yeah, it is indeed a very broad topic. But i meant, about the ones only from those two books. Or books related to them. I can outsource and list most of the books here if anyone likes. So my question was related to in terms of those books only. Hope this reply helps narrow down and ease my question a little.

04 Oct 2017, 23:05 #6

As far as those books go... they're perhaps medieval works (or possibly 19th century in regards to the Grand Grimoire) of questionable usefulness. Whether they do what they claim to do, that's probably a very subjective matter.

Of all the demon names in Lesser Keys, only two have any actual origin in the Bible - Baal and Belial. Belial is likely another name for Satan and only is mentioned once without any surrounding context. Even then, the name according to Greek Transliteration from Manuscripts would be Beliar not Belial. Amon, Caim, and Balam, are probably a play on the names of the Ammonites, Cain, and Balaam the wicked prophet from the Old Testament. The rest, who knows. The use of 72 demons probably has some significance in numerology... as the number 70/72 are used in both the OT and NT in the Bible. 70 elders + Eldad and Medad in the Old Testament. Depending upon the manuscript 70/72 disciples are sent out by Jesus... and they cast out demons. So, you can find some Judeo-Christian influence of the medieval era bleeding into the Keys of Solomon.

I don't know how seriously those texts are taken by high level Occult Practicioners. YMMV.

Ceaser
Ceaser

05 Oct 2017, 16:13 #7

@Gulielmus_Luctatoris

Thanks that's informative, I haven't had a look at the testaments ever. But yeah i know about the Juedo-Christian influence over in those books. And yeah, 70/72 number, I have read about them being used in many other places too. All related to Christianity mostly.

Though my main concern is there only, what an occult practitioner thinks about them, or the high occult practitioner. Well, only someone who has dealt with them, in some ways could answer that only. And thus the question here. And what truth there it is to them? I don't think that they are the complete passages, or it hasn't been altered. I think that those have been heavily altered, the translations, second editions and third editions, studies on them all had a terrible influence on them. The actual manuscripts don't even exist now (or that's what every source says about them).

And the Key of Solomon talks about a key, well, everyone will give a self judged assumption and analysis of the key. Whether there even is a key or what it is, no one knows. Second thing, for the invocations, there's the virgin kid. Though i know i remember reading this book before already once, and i searched a little to what it says about the virgin kid, I don't remember now. But I guess I remember reading that it doesn't need to be a human kid and it is just a test on morality or something. I don't know it's just vague memories, can't trust them now. So an analysis on those works would be what I was hoping to get here. Analysis on the demons and spirits from there.

And, there are even the lesser spells too. The Ceremony for the three spirits and for the angel Anael (Solomon's mirror) is intriguing too.

Twinkle
Twinkle

19 Oct 2017, 20:33 #8

A few years back I had the unique opportunity to know and be friends with a few people of the LHP. They were Ceremonial Magicians and used a number of different rituals, along with sigils, to summon demons, and then put them down successfully. I will say that most have to have years of training to do it successfully - and then it comes at great risk. Most of my friends have some emotional issues. I'm unsure if they had them before, or after - but it's a chicken or the egg kind of thing.

Is it hogwash? No. It's very real, and summoning a demon is a very real thing that can have hideous consequences.

I am not a practitioner of Ceremonial magick, nor have I ever been, but based off feedback from other Ceremonial Magicians, I'll say this: If you'd like to see a real ritual (Crowley's unfinished Abramelin ritual), I would recommend A Dark Song on Netflix. In the movie this very real ritual, realistically done, shows a Ceremonial Magician trying to summon an angel. In the process of doing that ritual, demons are also brought forward. The ritual is supposed to create a mystical space in which one communes with their guardian angel through gnosis. Unfortunately, when you open one door, you open another - not so great door. Watch the movie and then imagine what a ritual would like like in trying to summon a demon.

Crowley had great results with this ritual two times. The first time he was out of his mind on hashish, so you know...the second time was also successful without it. It should be noted that Crowley died alone, penniless, and a raging heroin addict.

I hope this helps.
You will be too much for some people. Those aren't your people.