What Delta is about.

Nunya88
Nunya88

June 3rd, 2003, 1:34 pm #1

Hey Delta members,
I have been reading some messages on this board and some e-mails lately that seem to indicate that some may have forgotten why this place came to be.
Gary and Woody brought Delta racing into existence to provide a place for ANYONE to come and race in a no points no pressure enviroment.
After some not too pleasant experiences in the Shark tank that online league type racing can be they felt that this was something that would appeal to those of us who just enjoy racing,chatting,painting cars or whatever without the baggage that can go along in some leagues.
The problem with this GAME is that some get "I'm a real race driver" Delusions and really unload on people that have the misfortune of not having DSL,Cable or who are just learning the ins and outs of sim-racing.
I know there are some who have driven race cars or had similar experience in the real world and that is great-but get over it because this is a game and when you are "driving" here with the rest of us it is still a game.
If you have the need to score points,win championships and impress your friends and family by telling them you are the Tonka toy sim-racing league champion fine -there are places to do that to fill that need.
But save the attitude and ego problems for that venue and come here and just have fun(If that matters?) and don't go postal if somebody has happens to get in your way sometime.
The bottom line is other than Ziggy's DSC series, Delta is a place for "Fun runs" and someplace for new people to get their feet wet in sim-racing and to see if they like it.
The concept must work because the membership is far beyond what Gary and Woody probably ever imagined, So can't we just try to enjoy it for what it is and if you love points type league racing do that too and have fun but understand that when we race here we need to control the intensity level.
If you have a bad race,guess what there will be another one in just a few minutes,if you have a bad night come back the next race night and so on
There are a lot of really good people that race with us and I feel that they are like an extended family(Complete with arguments)-So lets just keep doing what we are best at and keep the stress out of our group.

Nunya "Hey that thing got a Hemi in it?"-------"Sweet!"
WTF??????????????????????????

Ziggy Moonglow
Ziggy Moonglow

March 3rd, 2006, 4:22 am #2

Well said Nunya.
(another DSC short track season has started and tempers are hot so I thought I'd just remind everyone why we're here)
Last edited by Ziggy Moonglow on July 23rd, 2011, 9:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ziggy Moonglow
Ziggy Moonglow

March 31st, 2008, 6:07 pm #3

I'm tired
of repeating myself so click on the link and read what I was going to have to write here.

If you can't figure out how to have fun racing, leave and don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out.

I shouldn't have to babysit a bunch of children at the track. If you need a babysitter, ask your mommy for a pacifier and crawl back into the cradle.

If you feel the need to pull over and type instead of racing, do so. After you save your replay and logout. Then start typing all you wish. After you send me
the protest, I'll forward it to the review board and it will be reviewed. If you think I'm going to pull over and answer your questions or watch a
replay of an incident while the race is going, you are mistaken. That's why it's been said time and time again that protests are handled AFTER the
race. Conversion during yellow is allowed but whining isn't so if you feel the need to whine, logout and whine away.

If you can't control yourself and feel you need to take out a vendetta against another driver, leave. This is not the place for you. Intentional wrecking
AT ANY TIME will not be tolerated. That includes during practice, under green, under yellow and AFTER the race. If you aren't able to realize that your selfishness in wanting to wreck another driver brings out the yellow
that EVERYONE has to quit racing for, leave. If you think turning somebody under yellow is a good idea, leave. If you can't realize there are other
people out there that have to deal with your selfish actions, leave. If you feel the need to wreck the winner while he's celebrating, leave.

If you can't make friends and realize people make mistakes, leave. If you can't handle a little incident in this GAME, you have some serious issues so get to the nearest mental facility and check yourself in. And I hope they don't have
internet connections there because I don't want you coming back until you are cured.

If you can't play by the rules here, go somewhere else or start your own place where intentional wrecking and flaming are welcome. If you disrespect the
rules, you disrespect me. If you disrespect me, I will boot your pathetic hide so either learn to play nice or don't play at all.

ZM

Ziggy Moonglow
Ziggy Moonglow

February 25th, 2012, 12:40 am #4

Read it
Click the link and read it.  It's why we're here. 
Last edited by Ziggy Moonglow on April 3rd, 2012, 1:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dave76
Dave76

April 9th, 2015, 5:48 pm #5

Ziggy Moonglow wrote:
If you feel the need to wreck the winner while he's celebrating, leave.
I think that one was directed at me. I thought Andre had already finished his burnout, that one race, so that's why I thought "what the hell, let's have a monster crash!". So Andre, if you weren't finished celebrating when I hit you that one time, then I apologize. I thought you were done because of all the smoke already in the air, and I was just goofing off. No hard feelings?

fioriniandre
fioriniandre

April 9th, 2015, 7:35 pm #6

LOL Dave don't be silly. I don't even remember that at all Me and Joey have fun after the checkered all time. I don't take the game/celebrating serious at all. No worries Dave. Look forward to seeing you at Bristol

Andre

Ziggy Moonglow
Ziggy Moonglow

April 10th, 2015, 2:21 am #7

I wrote that post on March 31, 2008.

While it applies to everyone, it wasn't 'aimed' at anybody.