Ziggy Moonglow
Ziggy Moonglow

June 27th, 2018, 7:01 pm #31

TiGG suggested I contact Tundra_Shoemacher about using the American Musle Mod v3 cars so I did and have permission to use those models.

That should make getting the 1969 Dodge Charger and more detailed 1969 Dodge Daytona and 1970 Ford Torino into the mod a bit easier.

And, some Grand American cars!

You all might know that I've been itching to run the big and little cars together.

If anybody has knowledge of other mods and models that would fit into this mod, let me know!  I found a whole lot of models while looking for Roy Tyners Grand Prix, but no Grand Prix..   :-(

Have fun!

Akajanosi
Akajanosi

July 1st, 2018, 7:09 pm #32

Where did you find them!

Ziggy Moonglow
Ziggy Moonglow

July 1st, 2018, 10:22 pm #33

I've been wondering where you've been!!

Chevrolet Impala SS 1965 for GT Legends by Team21 & altbierbude.de (found at NoGripRacing, models by CY-33 so I PM's and emails him when No grip was still working and got his blessing)
The 74 Gran Torino is from www.animium.com, and I got a few others there that I haven't worked on yet.
The 70 Cyclone and 71 Dodge are from the Pure Muscle Cars mod - https://www.rfactorcentral.com/detail.c ... cle%20Cars (I haven't been able to get in contact with Jose Lopez so I haven't gotten permission for them yet)

I've found quite a few models around the web by searching "free 3d model Plymouth" or "Dodge" or "Ford", etc.

I also found quite a few at the GTL "Stock Cars Legends" mod...  :-(   Including the GN63, GN69 and others that they never had permission to use.   :-E

Anybody know if NoGripRacing is ever coming back?  I was supposed to post updates there but with it being down, it's hard to do and boy did I want to go back and see what other models they had in the GTL section!!

If anybody knows of any models or how to convert them to lower poly counts, lemme know!!

Akajanosi
Akajanosi

July 1st, 2018, 11:09 pm #34

Life keeps getting in the way of sim racing!

Thanks for the links. I was thinking of converting some of the cars of the muscle car mods. I was also looking into converting Sketchup 3d models. We need 71-72 GN cars. I was thinking to use the 69 SCL chassis, cockpits and wheels and just replace the bodies.

Ziggy Moonglow
Ziggy Moonglow

July 2nd, 2018, 11:53 pm #35

I used the GN69 chassis, cockpits and wheels on the cars in the picture, as a test and learning how to do things, but when I asked Denis if I could use his models, he asked me not to alter them..  He never said not to use them in other models though so I guess that's ok.

So far, I've got a collection of cars from 1957, 1961 through 1974 and a 1977 Olds, so far.  Oh, the Aero88 mod.  If I can figure out how to get the GN55 model to get into rF, we'll have that too.

I think I put a list at Stunod Racing of the cars I've got permission to use and just need to get back to TheUSPits to ask Jan if I can use the 1988 cars.

Right now, though, I have a tiny little 12" monitor so I can't really work on them.  Gimme a month to get a new one and I'll be back to remodeling!

:-)