Tracks

Ziggy Moonglow
Ziggy Moonglow

April 23rd, 2016, 5:00 pm #1

Anybody have links to good tracks for this mod? 1968 to 1972 tracks that aren't totally goofy or crappy preferred.

Thank you.
Last edited by Ziggy Moonglow on October 27th, 2016, 8:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

Trae00
Trae00

April 26th, 2016, 2:59 pm #2

I'm looking around.  I've found several, but they are primarily "current" versions of the track.

Mike Henry Jr
Mike Henry Jr

April 26th, 2016, 4:15 pm #3

Hard to find anything circle track for rF especially older versions of tracks, sadly

Trae00
Trae00

April 26th, 2016, 5:21 pm #4

Mike Henry Jr wrote:
Hard to find anything circle track for rF especially older versions of tracks, sadly
That's what I'm finding, I suppose there's never been any real demand for historic ovals for rF.
I have tried some of The Pits tracks.  They seem to be okay, but again, they're more recent configurations.  I also have the VHR 2014 tracks, which includes a bunch, but also recent.
I've found Hickory and South Boston from the Stockcar Sim Series, but they're giving me errors, will have to troubleshoot those.
Perhaps the most frustrating, I've found Texas World, but it's only in the road course configuration. 

Ziggy Moonglow
Ziggy Moonglow

April 27th, 2016, 4:55 pm #5

HSO is working on some tracks. Texas World, Ontario, Trenton, Milwaukee and Pocono so those will be nice. It's been a year since I had to put this stuff down but I picked it over the last couple of weeks since the internet was down.

I'll head over to HSO and see if anybody is still interested in helping get this thing to be a real mod. I'm using shift street to test the physics simply because it has working gauges and mirrors. The GN69/70 conversion has neither and doesn't have damage either, I think..

As for the rest, I'm not worried about looks, I'm worried about accuracy in the way of banking, length, width and configuration. Charlotte, Talladega, Daytona, Martinsville, Dover and other tracks that haven't been changed over the years should give me good lap times if the physics are right for the car. Once the cars are right, then I can worry about learning how to convert or make tracks.

I need decent tracks to test at to see if the cars are close to real speeds. I've got a Talladega that is working ok. While I really hate the SAFER barriers since they screw up my entry line, I've got the Charger 500 turning 194 MPH laps and the Daytona turning 199 MPH laps. No clue on drafting effects since I'm testing solo and don't trust the AI.

I thought I'd gotten the USPits tracks but tossed them because of how bad they were but that might have been another batch. Not sure since the last HD crash took everything away, so I'll get um again. Thx for the heads up. :-)

Trae00
Trae00

October 27th, 2016, 8:56 am #6

Here is a decent Nashville Fairgrounds by Brian Ring. 

Ziggy Moonglow
Ziggy Moonglow

November 25th, 2016, 12:09 pm #7

Where is the file that contains the track specific settings? I headed to Daytona to do some testing and it won't allow me to set the rear springs to what I want them to be but instead is forcing the settings a la chassis 1 in N03.

TheBigDawg
TheBigDawg

November 25th, 2016, 2:02 pm #8

If you can shoot me the mod someone and I'll work a bug or two out. As for tracks...let me do some digging

Trae00
Trae00

November 25th, 2016, 4:41 pm #9

IIRC, the Upgrade file contains some suspension parameters based on the track, might be worth checking out.

TheBigDawg
TheBigDawg

November 25th, 2016, 9:46 pm #10

All I need is the mod brother