Stock Car Resurrection

Trae00
Trae00

January 15th, 2015, 9:03 pm #1

Sure would like to see this one finished.  
Stock Car Resurrection
I think that could convince even Chargin to get rF. 

Ziggy Moonglow
Ziggy Moonglow

January 16th, 2015, 2:12 am #2

That's the one! And yes, Chargin needs to get rF.

cudaman340
cudaman340

August 7th, 2016, 12:03 pm #3

http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/2 ... surrection
Looks like Stock Car Resurrection has been - resurrected! 
It's being worked on for rFactor 2.

Trae00
Trae00

August 8th, 2016, 11:39 am #4

Great that it's being worked on again, but hate it's a platform we're not using. 

Ziggy Moonglow
Ziggy Moonglow

August 10th, 2016, 3:04 am #5

I wonder what tires they're using...

Ziggy Moonglow
Ziggy Moonglow

August 25th, 2016, 10:36 pm #6

This mod is for rF2 and they are using the "Dissenter" from rf2 as the base. Sooo, I downloaded the demo and the car and can't run it because my OS is 32 bit.

And since the files are not like rF, I can't view, edit or find the .hdv, tires, suspension or any of the files. I end up with a rfcmp file that I can't open with anything.

So here is the question.. Does anybody have rF2 or the demo and the Dissenter and if so, can you see the .hdv, tires, suspension, engine and all the other files?

Since rF2 comes with what they are calling a "1974 Stock Car", I'm hoping they didn't use the Corvette suspension file like so many mods have. No, I'm hoping they did some research and that this file can be used as a base for the GN69/70 mod. If you have these files, let me know and/or send them my way so I can give them a look. From what I've read, the Dissenter is a hoot to drive and since it's an official rF2 car, I'm hoping the tires and other aspects are realistic enough and can be converted.

I sure would like to see those files! :-)

Trae00
Trae00

August 27th, 2016, 9:12 am #7

Ziggy Moonglow wrote:
I wonder what tires they're using...
I'll try to get rF2 installed this weekend, hopefully will be able to find the data you need.
Also, not sure if it's helpful, but here's a blog no isiforums about tire making, might be worth a look:
Tyres... The Big One. (Part I)
Tyres... The Big One. (Part II) - tTool & Batch Testing
And sounds like there's more info coming up in the future.

Ziggy Moonglow
Ziggy Moonglow

February 19th, 2017, 11:09 pm #8

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... =866993174
If anybody happens to get this and sends it to me, I wouldn't mind seeing what tires they used.
Last edited by Ziggy Moonglow on February 19th, 2017, 11:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ziggy Moonglow
Ziggy Moonglow

April 15th, 2017, 3:22 pm #9

Ziggy Moonglow wrote:
Since rF2 comes with what they are calling a "1974 Stock Car", I'm hoping they didn't use the Corvette suspension file like so many mods have. No, I'm hoping they did some research...
So much for hope..   The SCR is the Dissenter and the Dissenter is not close to a 1974 NASCAR stock car.   
Too light, too short and too low to pass inspection.  They didn't do any research.  The description of the Dissenter says it's "big and heavy" but it's only 3144# and 110.8" wheelbase.  That's 700# and 4.2 inches off, respectively.   Ride height is 3.5" but the exhaust and front spoiler (not the body) need to have at least 4" clearance.

I asked Toby if he wanted help with the physics and he said "Sure".   Just need to get rF2 after I finish up the GN69 cars (which should be very, very, very close to done).

If anybody with rF2 and the SCR mod would like to test some files, let me know.  Changing the weight, wheelbase, ride height and aero should not be difficult but since I don't have rF2 yet, I can't test.  I can try numbers in rF and transfer them to rF2 but I hear the tire model is more advanced in rF2 so things could be off a bit.

Nice looking models though!  Eye candy, I know, is what most people get excited about but to me, the track looks the same no matter what my car looks like and I don't give a hoot what the other car looks like.  I can about how they drive...  
Last edited by Ziggy Moonglow on April 15th, 2017, 4:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.