Discussion of everything and anything Decker

A message to Kim Seegmiller

edrats
Advanced Member
edrats
Advanced Member

13 Oct 2009, 02:34 #1

Kim,

First of all, I want to be very clear, what has taken place is not what I wanted, and in no way did I ever harbor any jealousy towards you, or what you are doing or have done. I would have been very happy playing a small role in the future of the Decker Terrier. I will not go into the unethical practices I discovered that pushed me into action against you, as you know what they are and so does everyone else, so there is no point in re-hashing that out. I won't even go into the issues that are side stepped constantly. This is not a bashing session, it is a post to set the record straight.

Kim...You are not raising Decker Terriers, You are raising Seegmiller Terriers. What you have done is completely against everything the Deckers stand for. The insults you continue to launch are at the very name you claim to be so in love with, and it makes no sense.

Now, every chance you get here lately, you bring up the Seegmiller Line. I would like you to think long and hard about what I am going to suggest! If you are so proud of your name and all it stands for, why don't you call your dogs Seegmiller Terriers? Please consider this: You can consider any dog that is 3 generation bred Seegmiller a Seegmiller Terrier. Call your club and registry the Heritage Seegmiller Terrier Registry. Every chance you get, you act like any of the people in this group are using dogs bred by you, but I will say, they were developed long ago, and what you are doing now goes against everything the name Decker stands for. You are not developing the Decker Terrier, you are developing the Seegmiller Terrier. Take what you have, and whoever wants to breed Seegmiller Terriers with you, and do what you want, under your own name, not under a name that you have drug through the mud for the past several months. If your registry really has 1400 registered breeding dogs, you should have a good start on your project, and if it doesn't, you can breed dogs like there is no tomorrow, and populate the Earth with Seegmiller Terriers, and make Your family name proud!

Just a thought.

Ellis Decker
Ellis Decker

My Webpage

Jackie
Advanced Member
Jackie
Advanced Member

14 Oct 2009, 00:05 #2

Ellis, Excellent Idea! I also feel it is time to give credit where it is due. Kim is creating her own style of terrier, one she is very proud of. She needs to step up and take credit for her hard work. 'Seegmiller Terriers' I LIKE THAT!
Jackie

Bill Warner
Advanced Member
Bill Warner
Advanced Member

14 Oct 2009, 01:46 #3

how are the Seegmiller terriers bred?
Bill Warner

Wildwood Deckers
Advanced Member
Wildwood Deckers
Advanced Member

14 Oct 2009, 02:14 #4

... Depends on weather you want to know the true parentage or whats on their registration papers....

Clyde

Milton
Advanced Member
Milton
Advanced Member

14 Oct 2009, 02:16 #5

Maybe they are bred in such a way that poor old Angus and River were shot close enough together that they could be burried in the same hole. That horrible hunting accident may have been just one more step in the master plan. No exhumed DNA would work after that.

Slickrock Deckers
Advanced Member
Slickrock Deckers
Advanced Member

14 Oct 2009, 03:27 #6

Well, I don't think we need to stoop to their level, Mr. Decker. I know you are justifiably upset at the revelations that have been made, and some of the things that have gone on in your name, but I suggest we try to take the high road.

Despite what Kimmy has done, I know that she loves these dogs, and River has a special place in their history. Angus too, as it turns out. They were excellent dogs, as are many of her current ones. I think we risk alienating some folks who can help perpetuate this breed, if we continue in this vein.

With respect for all you have done, and all that you will continue to do.
Jack Gossett

edrats
Advanced Member
edrats
Advanced Member

14 Oct 2009, 03:42 #7

I was being serious Jack. I posted a serious option for her. She seems to be more concerned with breed status than anything else at this point, and is very concerned with bringing up the Seegmiller line when given the opportunity. I really feel what she is doing at this point goes against everything the Decker name stands for, and it would do everyone, including her, a great service if she would use her own name and work towards breed status for the Seegmiller Terrier. I know a few jokes have been cracked, but joking aside, calling what she produces from here on out, as well as any that want to breed the Seegmiller Terrier, by a different name would make a lot more sense, as they are taking a different road, and the name Decker will in no way reflect what she is doing in the future. I can't understand why she would want to put someone elses stamp on what she is doing? Calling her dogs and what she produces from now on a Seegmiller Terrier makes a lot of sense, as, they will continue to change, and will only resemble a Decker in appearance soon.

Ellis
Ellis Decker

My Webpage

Slickrock Deckers
Advanced Member
Slickrock Deckers
Advanced Member

14 Oct 2009, 04:12 #8

There is a place for the new blood, and there is a place for crosses amonst the old. It's not about Seegmiller Kennels anymore, whatever she calls her dogs. But it is about keeping good examples of the genetics she put together.

Bill Warner
Advanced Member
Bill Warner
Advanced Member

14 Oct 2009, 20:40 #9

Ellis,
i apologize for the remark about the Seegmiller Terrier. i should have not have made the comment i made because i do not know this breeder. I know your are serious about the statement you made and i believe you are correct. When a person puts in years raising a strain of dogs then they should put their name on the strain. Every breed is always changing in one direction , whether it be good are bad. My hope for the Decker Strain is for a healthy hunting dog and companion. I have seen what inbreeding will do in several different types of animals and i do not wish that for the Deckers.
Bill Warner

edrats
Advanced Member
edrats
Advanced Member

14 Oct 2009, 23:30 #10

Thanks Bill, but certainly no need to apologize. I agree, a healthy breed is the main goal for the future. This wonderful group of common sense people that has grown by leaps and bounds certainly shows a bright future!

Ellis
Ellis Decker

My Webpage