Forum rules
Remember:

Nobility and Divinity

10:28 AM - Apr 15, 2014 #1

"It's a lovely day, isn't it?" she said, looking out the window of the dungeon cell, wondering why her ancestors had designed their dungeons to offer the prisoners a glimmer of hope. Whatever the case, today no sun was shining, only thick clouds and plenty of rain. She turned to her prisoner, a strong, proud man shackled to the wall and glaring at her with hatred. The look made her smile, showering her fangs.

"It shall not be a lovely day until the day you die, monster," he said. Her grin only became wider as she moved closer to him, grabbing his chin with her pale hand, her other hand moving her dark hair away from her face to keep her black eyes looking into his own.

"That's not a very wise thing to tell your countess," she said. Her claws came out, and started just barely cutting into him, her eyes drifting to the blood. "Are you sure you won't tell me my dear great nephews plans for taking my county from me?"

"I'd rather die."

"Oh, what makes you think I will let you die?" He would never talk, but she could keep him in torment forever. She turned his head quickly, moving forward and bringing her fangs to his neck. He screamed at first, but a few minutes of sucking him up, he would calm down and feel himself fading away. But just before the moment of release, she unleashed her curse upon him and he moaned in pain as life left him and undeath came upon him. The light faded in his eyes, and his skin turned pale as hers.

A vampire? No, she would never give her dark gift to this fool, he was being turned into her ghoul, forever in her service. She undid his shackles and ordered him to take station as a guard, his punishment for not telling her what she wanted to know was eternal service, his soul never to be free. She went up the stairs and into the great halls of her castle, walking about in memory. The castle seemed empty and cold today, but she still remembered when it was more populated, back when she was mortal. Sometimes she missed the company, but to fill her house she would have to make new vampires or fill it with mortal underlings.

She had never liked the idea of having more vampires about. Too many and they would cut into her own feeding grounds, and not to mention, she had risen against her own maker, why would she expect another to not do the same to her? But then, she would have been a much more pleasant maker then hers had been. She shook her head, trying to stop thinking about her cruel sire any longer. As for mortals, though she often took a meal home to stay for a while, she could never get attached. A mortals life was too short, especially around her. Too often her meals died of weakened bodies from her feedings, growing sick and helpless. Though now that her prisoner had become one of her ghouls, she would be needing another meal soon.

Yes, yes, it would be raining all day, and that was good whether for her to travel. Her poor peasants would be surprised to see her in the day. Yes, she could use the company, rightfully terrified though her companion will be. But the question was, would she get another man or a woman this time? She went and gathered her travelling cape, moving out the door in thought. With a man, she knew he'd never last long. A handsome man was always to be her toy to bring about her lust, which usually made her thirstier. A woman though would last longer, and she usually got less lonely with a woman around as her feeding servant. They were the closest things she could have to friends. Yes, a woman this time, she could keep one for a week or two.

As she looked out into the rain, and started off, out on the hunt for a healthy young woman to be her guest for the rest of their life, not knowing the woman she would find would be more then she could chew.

11:14 AM - Apr 15, 2014 #2

She had to admit, being sent out on missions with very few guidelines was pretty fun for a job. Exploring new worlds, revisiting old ones, quelling rebellions and overthrowing regimes; all of the aims had so many possibilities. The sheer freedom over how she went about things was delightful - much worse now than back in her own universe, where her only mission was to follow around an embodiment of pure evil.

And that hadn't exactly ended well.

Although, if it hadn't been for that fateful clash of events, she would never have ended up under a new banner. Ah well, thoughts like that didn't matter anymore - she served the Empress completely and utterly.

Her mission this time around was to investigate the current state of affairs in this world, with an additional objective pertaining to the rumours of vampires - different worlds could produce different breeds of such creatures, and new information on them was generally quite welcome. Especially if she obtained live samples for Lillian to toy with.

Given her last few missions had gone over fairly bluntly, the silver demoness figured it was perhaps time to brush up on her more subtle skills. Today she was roaming about the city - dreary as it was though, it seemed like quite few people were out and about, making information somewhat harder to come by.

For want of better assimilation amongst the locals however, she had changed forms, storing her armour with realm-based magic so that it was not on her person, but easily accessible. Her hair had darkened into strands of onyx with a faint purple sheen, her eyes clouding slightly with a pale grey colour - as if partially blinded. Her skin took on an ivory pallor, much fainter than normal, and she stood several inches higher, appearing much closer to a young woman of 18 than her natural childish form.

As the sky threatened to rain, she paused briefly by a row of buildings, taking cover beneath the slight shelter that an overhanging roof provided, sitting on the ground with her back against the outer wall, allowing herself a moment of rest.

Uniqueness is our nature
Emotions are our humanity
Creativity defines us
And love keeps us together

11:45 AM - Apr 15, 2014 #3

The vampire countess moved smoothly in the rain, and very few of her peasantry noticed her swift blur of an image, but those that noticed a shadow in the corner of their eye quickly found their friends and stuck together. The peasantry had gotten clever over the years, sticking together as much as possible when they felt that chill run down their backs that told of the countess coming out of her castle. But She saw a few fools still who stuck it out alone, or perhaps they simply did not have enough friends with which to hide out with. And then some did not have those fine tuned sixth senses to warn them someone wicked was on the prowl.

But in her hunting, she stopped near a woman who intrigued her. Pale skin said she was not especially healthy, but her clouded eyes intrigued the vampiress too much. Was she blind? As much as she enjoyed just taking people off the street, sometimes it was nice to be able to trick someone into her home. She hadn't been able to lure someone in for quite some time, all the peasantry knowing her nature by now, but... A blind girl might not know the way to the castle by memory. Yes, this was the one, a for now willing guest. Taking shelter from the rain, all alone, the blind girl was set up so perfectly for prey.

She came towards her, footsteps quite light but it was hard not to hear the patter in the wet ground. She stopped before the girl. "Oh my dear, whatever is a girl like you doing alone in the rain?" she asked, her voice kindly and gentle and concerned. It had been a while since she practiced her ability to lull others in with kindness, but like a well worn glove she slipped back into it.

12:11 PM - Apr 15, 2014 #4

Watching, with more than just her eyes, the demoness noted an odd pattern of behaviour amongst the locals; many of them grouped together, almost erratically. The few who didn't were seemingly on edge and hurried off to find shelter. It seemed unusual for it to be a result of simple rain, and so she was quite curious about it.

Until she sensed the unmistakable presence of a stronger being, mixed with the sensation that the undead gave off. However, she played her part innocently, betraying nothing of her advanced abilities as the source came closer. Indeed, she seemed to curl up a little more, huddling as if to keep out the cold that the rain brought about.

When a gentle voice called across to her, the demoness slipped into the role of the vision-impaired with ease; she fumbled around a little, looking at the general area from which the voice came from, but letting her gaze sway somewhat, as if she was having trouble focusing. "I don't really have anywhere else to go..." Her voice was the picture of innocence, like the tinkle of little bells.

She let her gaze sway a little more, feigning the partial blindness as if she could perhaps make out blurry shapes, but little else. "Sorry miss, I can't see very well..."

Uniqueness is our nature
Creativity defines us

12:28 PM - Apr 15, 2014 #5

She waved that off immediately. "It's alright, I'm not much to see," she said, that being an outright lie. The pale noble in fine clothes, her smile showing fangs that no partially blind girl would see. She noticed other peasants taking notice, becoming paler in fear but... silent. They had learned long ago there was no stopping the countess, though several looked as though they wanted to call out to the helpless blind girl and tell her to run. Her smile grew a touch more wicked at their pathetic helplessness before looking back at the girl.

"If you have nowhere to go, I must insist you accompany me home," she said. "And I won't take no for an answer. You could get sick in this weather!" And getting sickness wasn't good for the blood, after all. The vampiress took her arm gently. "I have a nice fireplace to get warm at, and I could really use a bit of company anyway." She wanted the girl to be willing, but she really wouldn't take no for an answer if the girl wasn't tempted. But truly, a young blind and apparently homeless girl, what about a warm place to stay wouldn't be tempting?

12:37 PM - Apr 15, 2014 #6

She gave an expression of childish curiosity when the vampiress stated herself as not being much of a sight to see, as if she were trying to understand or comprehend what the woman might look like. In truth, she had a perfect view of the noble woman, and knew quite immediately that she was a vampire - the fangs were a tip-off. She was careful however, not to let her vision focus on anything in particular, as it would harm her pretence of being vision-impaired.

"That's awfully nice of you..." Her voice contained a hint of dubiousness; something that sounded that perfect was unlikely to come without a price. Nevertheless, she nodded her head lightly, weakly pushing off of the ground with the aid of the countess' hand. "I'm not sure how much company I would be but I'd be happy to come with you," she let a shiver run through her body rather intensely, accentuating the idea of being a frail, helpless little girl, "it's really cold outside..."

Still, beneath it all, the demoness' mind was whirring with the new information, carefully scheming out how best to play this - subtlety could be very useful in acquiring more information, especially if she was allowed to 'see' more, on account of being supposedly partially blind.

In the end, she would go willingly, as it best suited both the disguise, and her purpose here.

Uniqueness is our nature
Creativity defines us

1:13 PM - Apr 15, 2014 #7

With her new 'friend' willing, she would lead her through the town, enjoying the sad and frightened looks of the villagers watching her go along with her new victim. "What's your name, dear?" she asked. She would have to avoid returning her own name in turn, as every peasant around knew her name and whispered fearfully of it all the time within the county. But perhaps her first name would do? After the girl told her name, she would say, "I am Corinne. Ever so pleased to meet you, my dear."

She would lead her towards the castle at the center of town. It was not overly large, by castle standards, but it was a big building that might tip off the girl even if she could only barely see it. So she would try to be distracting of such details by continuing to talk and ask questions, and keeping the girls mind occupied. "Why do you have nowhere to go but the streets? I mean, you must have family, right?"

The disguised Demoness would see the castle clearly, as well as it's guards. They looked almost human, but their skin was deathly pale and their eyes looked equally dead. They were not vampires, judging by their dead eyes and lack of fangs (for it seemed this breed of vampire could not hide their sharpened canines like Lorian or Alusterial breeds), but she would be able to see bite marks on all their necks.

1:39 PM - Apr 15, 2014 #8

She clung to the woman's hand for support; a frail young woman who could not see very well needed such guidance for getting about really. She was polite nonetheless however, when asked for her name. "My name is Alisa, miss." She ended her sentence with a rough cough, as if she was already struggling somewhat with health, though only slightly. It helped with the image, and right now, that was her focus.

"You have a really pretty name..." And indeed, the demoness was being sincere; it was a name that flowed well off of the tongue, and suited the regal countess quite well. Not that she would say as much, though. As they approached the castle, she was careful not to look directly for too long, only giving it a brief look when it came into view - even a partially blind girl would wonder what a large, looming figure like that was. She let herself be distracted afterwards, using her peripheral vision to identify the castle and its guards; interestingly enough, they seemed undead, but showed no signs of vampiric traits, as well as the distinct lack of vitality that vampires still possessed. They must have been some kind of undead servant/slave, then - something she would look into later.

Biting her lip at the follow-up question, she let her head droop a little before she answered in a quiet voice. "Not anymore, no...I was no good. I only cost money and couldn't help pay for myself, so they threw me out." She sighed softly as she called on the skills of acting from long past to draw forth a few, slow tears. "So I couldn't really stay...I just had to keep moving..." The demoness figured that if she feigned vulnerability and a lack of love, it might help bring some favour her way from the countess. Only a slight chance, but it was worth a shot.

Uniqueness is our nature
Creativity defines us

1:58 PM - Apr 15, 2014 #9

"Oh, you poor dear," she said, actually half sincere. "People can be cruel sometimes, throwing out a girl like you." Well, short though her life expectancy would be, Corinne would let the poor girl be spoiled in her noble house for a while to make up for the poor luck of her life. Her cold hand rubbed the girls, trying to console her. The girl was truly the perfect sort of pray, and just the right sort of company. Sometimes even a vampire wanted to feel needed by someone, and this was definitely someone who needed some friend in the world til her dying day. Alisa... yes, she'd be one of the ones worth putting in the graveyard, an honor only for those that awakened some human emotions in her.

"Well you don't worry about that anymore, Alisa, I will take care of you," she said, motioning one of her ghouls to open the door and lead her within, the heavy door being shut behind them and her guests fate being sealed. "Have you been travelling long? Are you from this town, or even the county?" She made a mental note to target the girls family later if they were close by. She would lead her pray to a sitting room, where a fire was already up in the fire place. She usually kept the fireplace active, it helped make the castle feel a little more alive sometimes.

"We should probably get you out of those wet clothes of yours, I think you'll fit in some of my nightdresses. Unless you'd rather go nude." She laughed at the jest.

2:11 PM - Apr 15, 2014 #10

She nodded sombrely at the assessment of the human condition, shivering slightly when the cold hand touched her, though she made no mention of it, nor did she draw away. She did however, look up in Corinne's general direction and blinked a few times, even forcing a faint flush to colour her pale cheeks. "R-Really? You are so kind miss Corinne..." Her voice was humbled and appreciative, as any homeless girl would be at the offer of being cared for, really.

As they got closer, she stumbled on purpose somewhat, using the vampiress' guidance to help her along inside the castle, visibly relaxing when the warmth encapsulated her. "For quite awhile....I...don't know. I don't think I'm from anywhere nearby but it's kind of hard to tell..." She laughed softly, pitifully, as she made a vague reference to her impairment.

When the fireplace came into view (or perhaps, more accurately, when its warmth permeated her skin, the demoness-in-disguise instinctively moved towards it, a shiver running through her as a reminder of the coldness of her body at present. That being said, she made herself blush even harder at the comment about nudity. "O-Oh my, I-I d-don't think....I w-would much prefer being dressed if p-possible..."

Uniqueness is our nature
Creativity defines us