It's not quite as simple as you might expect.
This part is the same for all editing;
- Open the Mod Maker, locate the recipe you want to change
- Double click in the right-hand side pane to open it and select Debug from the menu > Export EBX. Leave this pane open as it is for reference
- Edit the EBX file with a Hex editor such as HXD
- Go back to Mod Maker and Click the tickbox at the bottom of the Asset Preview pane: “Show data offsets”
Changing Slot Size;
- On Asset Preview, look for the slot you want to change, it will say "Damage" or "Offense" or "Defense" or whatever
- Underneath this somewhere it will say MaterialUsedCount
- The next line down has the @Offset for this - an Offset is a reference for you to use in the Hex Editor. Make a note of this number or remember it
- Head over to the Hex Editor and look up the offset, example: A44 is row A40 and column 4
- The value in this Offset should be the same as the number in the MaterialUsedCount
- When changing this, remember that it isn't decimal, so you can google "What is 15 in hexadecimal?" (without quotes -change the number to whatever you need). Google will say something like 0xF. Ignore the 0x.
- Save the hex file (I don't change the name when I save it)
- Go to Asset Preview and Debug > Import the saved file
- Close the Asset Preview Window and Select Save or Save As on the File menu
- Name the File whatever you want
- You will now have a DAImod you can put in your mod folder with your other mods, congratulations!
This is similar to changing slot size, but you need to know the numbers that represent the different materials;
Changing Slot Type;
In Asset Preview, look at the StringId and SlotType of the Slot you want to change (you MUST change both)
Change these values as follows;
You MUST change the Slottype AND StringId to the correct values (see table), so a StringID of 3D always goes with Slottype of 01. (When I got this wrong, my game crashed, so if you get crashes, check this first).