WWMD?

WWMD?

Bider
Bider

January 10th, 2012, 3:26 am #1

What would Maestra do?

So I have a gal friend who is in her sixties. She lives on acres and acres of cattle dog heaven. I have taken my poops out with her on her Rhino and explored.

Marlon Brando, who is an adopted dog, and who seems to be very familiar with 'loading up' and 'staying' loves loves lurves going out to Kathy's hobbit house.

So here is my dilema. I know that after 2 years, this dog loves me and Princess Dagmar.

AND my gaqfriend really needs a dog. BUT she is taking care of her 80 plus year old mother and so whatever dog has to HAS TO behave. Like no jumping up, no under the heels thing, be comfortable outside, very respectable.

So I went online and found some likely candidtates. She liked some of them but is still unsure because of her mother.

So here is my trouble. I know that Marlon Brando would be more happy on a limitless ranch.

Bider
Bider

January 10th, 2012, 3:30 am #2

I'm not done yet...

Since he's a rescue dog, he already has some 'problems', would I just make it worse if I loaned him out?

What do you think?

January 10th, 2012, 3:31 am #3

what are his 'problems' specifically?

and are you loaning him or giving him away?

<i></i>

January 10th, 2012, 3:32 am #4

What would Maestra do?

So I have a gal friend who is in her sixties. She lives on acres and acres of cattle dog heaven. I have taken my poops out with her on her Rhino and explored.

Marlon Brando, who is an adopted dog, and who seems to be very familiar with 'loading up' and 'staying' loves loves lurves going out to Kathy's hobbit house.

So here is my dilema. I know that after 2 years, this dog loves me and Princess Dagmar.

AND my gaqfriend really needs a dog. BUT she is taking care of her 80 plus year old mother and so whatever dog has to HAS TO behave. Like no jumping up, no under the heels thing, be comfortable outside, very respectable.

So I went online and found some likely candidtates. She liked some of them but is still unsure because of her mother.

So here is my trouble. I know that Marlon Brando would be more happy on a limitless ranch.
Oh, this is a tough one. Would you and Marlon be better off separated? Meaning, would you be better off not tethered to the responsibilities of dog ownership, and would he be happy there?

Is this something you need to do? Can you lease him? You know, time share kinda thing?

January 10th, 2012, 3:35 am #5

BTW, I think we should run a weekly WWMD column. We clearly have a lot of pet lovers here. And Maestra RAWKS!!!!!!!

January 10th, 2012, 3:36 am #6

lol. i saw the thread title and was like "...hmmm.... wild weapons of mass destruction? -yes please!"

<i></i>

Bider
Bider

January 10th, 2012, 3:46 am #7

Poor Marlon Brando has issues with other dogs of size. Like if you have a little chihuahua no big deal, but if you have a dog near his size, forget about it, dog fight. I haven't been able to cure him of this. Plus he is really trying to be a snuggle bug. BUT most importantly, when we were out on Kathy's Rhino, he totally loaded up, stayed, and didn't chase the cows which makes me believe that I'm not giving him what his life wants.

I guess what I'm searching for is... should I loan him to his life dream for like a week and see if he fits or is it too late and he would consider it as another abandonmit; I could go out there every day just to make sure but I am having some health issues that makes me stay home.

I guess another reason where I'm looking for good and healthy homes for my poops. ;(

January 10th, 2012, 3:57 am #8

Sorry to hear about your health, Bider, I hope everything's ok.

I wouldn't worry that he'd think it was another abandonment. Especially if there's so much for him to do. If you're really worried, take him over for "daycare" a couple of times before leaving him overnight. Then he'll be comfortable when it comes time for him to find a place to settle down for the night.

The problem with other dogs shouldn't get worse from "abandonment". That's more of a socialization issue. I was asking what his problems were, because if he were destructive or anxious, I would think those would be issues that would get better if he were busy on a ranch all day.

Will you miss him too much?

<i></i>

Bider
Bider

January 10th, 2012, 4:00 am #9

oh wwmd, my heart would cry, but if this could be a good match, then I would be OK.

CapsLock
CapsLock

January 10th, 2012, 4:13 am #10

Try it. Unless the dog is a total spaz, he'll know to go easy on the old lady.

ETA: I blame my poor grammar on Bider's incoherent style.
Last edited by HOLDSDOWNSHIFTKEY on January 10th, 2012, 4:15 am, edited 1 time in total.