WTC

WTC

May 18th, 2006, 12:56 am #1

May 18th, 2006, 2:27 am #2

A) I don't buy this 'it's too soon' crapola. Hollywood was making flicks about Vietnam while we we're still neck deep in it.

B) I'm sure the story about these two guys is extremely heartfelt and touching. But, uh... what about the THOUSANDS of other people affected by 9/11. Are we gonna get a movie for each one? Please. No.

C) I can't quite tell from the trailer, but it looks like that the bulk of the 3rd Act is mainly these 2 guys trapped under something heavy. That (particularly since we know they got out) doesn't seem too exciting nor thrilling to me.

May 18th, 2006, 5:24 am #3

I am not stoked to see it...

.... to pay ten bucks to basically relive 9/11...
.....to see crying babies and family members no matter how great the story....
..... to invest in 3 bottles of scotch in attempt to recover from this movie...

Why do we need this movie? Whats gonna be the BIG "take-away"?

Me thinks passola

May 18th, 2006, 8:01 am #4

Me thinks passola too. 

I gave the eulogy at my mother's funeral.  I haven't been able to bring myself to listen to my words (someone taped my speech).  I was told I gave a good speech (then again, would someone say it sucked?, my Mum had died). 

I feel similar about this movie.  I don't want to see the one about the flight either (even though Todd recommended it). 

I'm still far too angry to. 

Maybe a day will come when I can bring myself to see these films.  Not now.  Not soon.

Thatturkishguy
Thatturkishguy

May 18th, 2006, 12:12 pm #5

1 9/11 movie is enough for me right now. In comparison, an entire plane full of ppl sacrificed their lives to save others, thats amazing in my book, it's something you never expect to see and probably will never see again in your life time. Now I'm not saying what the cops did wasn't heroic, it was, anytime you rush into a burning building you get my respect, but the big difference is they survived it. It's a feel good, amidst a huge debacle. We've had those before, 93 was interesting due to the shear gravity and reality of it... the reality is, if you decide to try and take a plane ad hoc, with suicidal terrorists at the helm, you probably aren't going to make it.. boom in your face thats the odds on result. If you charge into a huge burning collapsing building and it falls on you, you aren't going to live through it, but these guys did. It defies the odds, it's been done to death, they even have a sitcom about it. I would appreciate this movie more if it honored the people that aren't around to honor themselves, or tell the story of what they did. I don't want to see a Titanic in WTC form.

wendy
wendy

May 19th, 2006, 2:19 pm #6

this looks like day after tomorrow with a big piece of shit on top

May 19th, 2006, 3:08 pm #7

I agree with Wendy...

and throw in my least favorite "A" list actor to boot.

They only thing that could redeem this movie is if they donated all profits
to charity. Then it would be worth seeing. Maybe..

jk5004
jk5004

May 20th, 2006, 2:46 am #8

aww cmon guys you gotta see this movie! It has a mexican cop!

All kidding aside this looks horrible. The first shot where the pull up to the trade center every cop is spick and span with their badges and hats shining... yah like that happens in real life.

May 24th, 2006, 10:36 pm #9

I really feel these movies are too soon because we spent the months after 9/11 going over all of these stories. We know what happened during 9/11 with much clarity, seeing as how it was the only thing we were focused on for months after the incident. These movies need to be made when the kids who can't remember it happening are old enough to appreciate it. 2010 or 2011 are good years to start making these movies, it's distanced enough for everyone to have forgotten a bit of the smaller details and show what happened to the younger audience. Right now, it's just an incident that we all already went through, and it's still pretty fresh in our minds.