Would it bother you?

Would it bother you?

April 30th, 2012, 6:26 pm #1

So I took my niece and nephew to a flea market and we were all browsing around and I was keeping my eye on both. My nephew said he wanted to show me a puzzle a few rows over. I said sure, just let me make sure your sis is doing ok. went to my niece and she asked me to take her into this little movie they were showing. I said sure, as soon as your brother shows me some puzzle.

She told me, she knew the puzzle he was talking about and she'd show me.

I said no, your brother really wants to show me, so let's find him, he can show me, then we can go in the movie.

So I'm looking all around for her brother who was just right here a second ago and she says she thought she saw him a couple of rows over. so we walk over and I ask her where and she says "oh I guess I didn't see him, but there's the puzzle he wanted to show you. can we go to the movie now?"

And I'm still so annoyed.

Am I being petty?

AnonoBoBo
AnonoBoBo

April 30th, 2012, 6:27 pm #2

YES

AnonoBoBo
AnonoBoBo

April 30th, 2012, 6:30 pm #3

So I took my niece and nephew to a flea market and we were all browsing around and I was keeping my eye on both. My nephew said he wanted to show me a puzzle a few rows over. I said sure, just let me make sure your sis is doing ok. went to my niece and she asked me to take her into this little movie they were showing. I said sure, as soon as your brother shows me some puzzle.

She told me, she knew the puzzle he was talking about and she'd show me.

I said no, your brother really wants to show me, so let's find him, he can show me, then we can go in the movie.

So I'm looking all around for her brother who was just right here a second ago and she says she thought she saw him a couple of rows over. so we walk over and I ask her where and she says "oh I guess I didn't see him, but there's the puzzle he wanted to show you. can we go to the movie now?"

And I'm still so annoyed.

Am I being petty?
Ah, she's just being a bratty kid. At least you didn't grab her by the collar and threaten her, as I did my nephew who was running and screaming at my mother's wake.

April 30th, 2012, 6:31 pm #4

YES
You don't think that was underhanded and sneaky?

AnonoBoBo
AnonoBoBo

April 30th, 2012, 6:32 pm #5

It is but she's just joining the stinking fray.

April 30th, 2012, 6:34 pm #6

Ah, she's just being a bratty kid. At least you didn't grab her by the collar and threaten her, as I did my nephew who was running and screaming at my mother's wake.
I really hate sneaky.

April 30th, 2012, 6:34 pm #7

Yes, it would bother me. I know first hand how upset kids get when you steal their moment. My kids will often have a story to tell me, and another interrupts and starts telling the story. They get MAD. Hannah could possibly break into tears.

April 30th, 2012, 6:37 pm #8

Yah, and she did it just so she could have her way right NOW! I feel like if I say something to my sis shell just say so what.

Later my nephew saw something he wanted to buy, he negotiated a price and I loaned him the money which he promised to pay back. when she saw, she said, "Now buy me something?!?"

Last edited by Appalled on April 30th, 2012, 6:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AnonoBoBo
AnonoBoBo

April 30th, 2012, 6:38 pm #9

Yes, it would bother me. I know first hand how upset kids get when you steal their moment. My kids will often have a story to tell me, and another interrupts and starts telling the story. They get MAD. Hannah could possibly break into tears.
Sneaky is right next to lying and both are reprehensible.

She didn't have to steal his thunder, but how can you stop kids from being bratty?

April 30th, 2012, 6:40 pm #10

Yah, and she did it just so she could have her way right NOW! I feel like if I say something to my sis shell just say so what.

Later my nephew saw something he wanted to buy, he negotiated a price and I loaned him the money which he promised to pay back. when she saw, she said, "Now buy me something?!?"
I would tell my sister what she did right in front of the niece. Make sure she can hear your disappointment with every word.