Wild Turkey!

Wild Turkey!

April 28th, 2012, 1:28 pm #1

At my bird feeder not the whiskey.

Here's a shot of her feathers but her head was moving and the camera and the photographer suck.

Last edited by HOLDSDOWNSHIFTKEY on April 28th, 2012, 1:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

April 28th, 2012, 3:06 pm #2

Coolio! I love wild turkeys. I'm surprised she is alone.

CapsLock
CapsLock

April 28th, 2012, 4:15 pm #3

I was too. But I did some reading and I think she's looking for a place to nest. It's that time of year, I guess.

April 28th, 2012, 5:03 pm #4

They were all over the place when i lived in Montana.  They are protected and they knew it.  Would sit in the middle of the road in flocks and give you dirty looks when you honked.

Emokid is throwing slomo dove at my face, I guess that means he flipped me the bird
<i>Emokid is throwing slomo dove at my face, I guess that means he flipped me the bird</i>

jo
jo

April 28th, 2012, 11:03 pm #5

that would scare the bejesus out of my cats if it wandered around my yard.
Hawks are the largest we get around here.

Cool find Caps.

CapsLock
CapsLock

April 28th, 2012, 11:07 pm #6

It was just back again.

April 29th, 2012, 12:57 am #7

At my bird feeder not the whiskey.

Here's a shot of her feathers but her head was moving and the camera and the photographer suck.

Now that you've photographed that turkey and put it on the board, does it become a famous grouse?

http://instantrimshot.com/

Herpes is a gift that doesn't say "I love you.". -Hep C

jiggy
jiggy

April 29th, 2012, 2:33 am #8

I see quite a few wild turkeys where I live now. I don't think I've ever seen one before moving here.
I also see boar, donkeys, horses, and goats. All wild.

AnonoBoBo
AnonoBoBo

April 29th, 2012, 2:46 am #9

Cool turkey pics Caps!

Last week there were 2 roos checking out my Dad's garden, and he has rabbits and foxes visit him regularly too.
Not at the same time though, they don't like each other very much.

Shelley
Shelley

April 29th, 2012, 2:38 pm #10

We have turkeys that live around the business park where I work. Last year it was a tom and 9 hens. This year there are 2 toms and 2 hens. They stop traffic on the very busy street outside my workplace. They are huge. Makes my day when they visit.