Who is planting a garden this year?

Who is planting a garden this year?

Appalled
Appalled

March 8th, 2012, 7:49 pm #1

I just finished tilling mine and the soil looks rich and black! Now I'm de icing what to put in.... I can't wait!

March 8th, 2012, 7:51 pm #2

We're on the garden committee of our building, so will definitely be planting flowery annuals in the community garden. In terms of edible stuff, probably tomatoes, peppers and herbs again.

CapsLock
CapsLock

March 8th, 2012, 7:52 pm #3

I'm on the fence.

Anny
Anny

March 8th, 2012, 7:54 pm #4

I just finished tilling mine and the soil looks rich and black! Now I'm de icing what to put in.... I can't wait!
I have a garden year round. It's lovely, like your fence. I think anything would grow in San Diego.

I do want to plant some icelandic poppies though. Thanks for the reminder. I had them in Phoenix but never got around to getting them here.

Pretty!

AnonoBoom
AnonoBoom

March 8th, 2012, 7:54 pm #5

I'm on the fence.
I'm in a rut.

For realsies: thought about it, but will probably just plant a few pots again this year. Herbs, tomahtoes.

Appalled
Appalled

March 8th, 2012, 8:03 pm #6

I have a garden year round. It's lovely, like your fence. I think anything would grow in San Diego.

I do want to plant some icelandic poppies though. Thanks for the reminder. I had them in Phoenix but never got around to getting them here.

Pretty!

So jealous Anny, goal achieved. Do you plant veggies you don't eat or just flowers? You should plant a lemon tree, how cool would that be?

Caps why on the fence?

CapsLock
CapsLock

March 8th, 2012, 8:07 pm #7

The drudgery, Appalled. The drudgery.

Anny
Anny

March 8th, 2012, 8:09 pm #8

We grow tomatoes and herbs, but mostly we just stick to flowers and all kinds of plants. We have a tropical garden and a cactus garden.

ETA: Oh! I agree on the citrus trees! Our neighbor has a lime and lemon and lets us have all we want. A guy I work with has an orange tree and a tangerine (plus some rosemary bushes) and he brings those in for me year round.
Last edited by AnnyBoo on March 8th, 2012, 8:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Appalled
Appalled

March 8th, 2012, 8:13 pm #9

Caps I got the impression you enjoyed it last year... Guess not.

Anny your SO is in landscaping... I bet your gardens are beautiful. Mine grew up in the city and I can't even get him to pull a weed.

About the only thing I miss about the association we had at our last house was the landscapers.

March 8th, 2012, 8:15 pm #10

You are absolutely right, Appy. Bobby is amazing with the gardens. And he is always experimenting with soil and light and different plants so they are ever changing. GORGEOUS!