Whale Watching Pics

Whale Watching Pics

Comet
Comet

August 26th, 2011, 7:36 pm #1

I went whale watching last week at Cape Ann. I love, love this place. Here are some whale pics.

The seagulls actually steal the fish from the whale's mouth. I was actually informed by the bird watchers on my trip that there isn't such thing as bird called as a seagull. And they were upset that the book "Jonathan Livingston Seagull" started the trend for call Gulls, Seagulls. There are different types of Gulls such as the Ring Gilled Gull and the Great Black-backed Gull.

This is a Humpback whale feeding.

Anny
Anny

August 26th, 2011, 8:15 pm #2

WONDERFUL pictures, Comet! What kind of boat were you on and how close did you get to the whale? I know there are regulations on the proximity (as there should be). The pictures are just so clear!

Comet
Comet

August 26th, 2011, 8:24 pm #3

http://www.seethewhales.com/Hurricane_l ... argest.htm

Anny, here is the website for tour I took. We did get up pretty close to the whales but believe it or not there were boats that were even closer.

August 26th, 2011, 8:28 pm #4

Wow. Cool pics Comet.

I think I would just eat the gulls.

Appalled
Appalled

August 26th, 2011, 8:31 pm #5

I went whale watching last week at Cape Ann. I love, love this place. Here are some whale pics.

The seagulls actually steal the fish from the whale's mouth. I was actually informed by the bird watchers on my trip that there isn't such thing as bird called as a seagull. And they were upset that the book "Jonathan Livingston Seagull" started the trend for call Gulls, Seagulls. There are different types of Gulls such as the Ring Gilled Gull and the Great Black-backed Gull.

This is a Humpback whale feeding.

I'd like to do this.

Ginny
Ginny

August 26th, 2011, 8:33 pm #6

WOW. I've done whale watching but I didn't get nearly as close to any whales. Awesome!

Lea
Lea

August 26th, 2011, 8:35 pm #7

GREAT pics! Thanks!

Smirk
Smirk

August 26th, 2011, 9:43 pm #8

Thanks for sharing the coolness!

August 26th, 2011, 9:54 pm #9

Comet those are fantastic! I'm totally jealous of this experience.

August 26th, 2011, 10:08 pm #10

Those are excellent whale pics!