Week end!!

Week end!!

July 13th, 2012, 2:45 pm #1

I threw myself a party last night and I think I'm throwing another tonight, no cook dinner, bottle of wine and loud music on the back deck.

Tomorrow I have an old friend coming to town for a ball tournament, I've invited her family over for a cook out afterwards.

Sunday my sissy and kids are coming to sleep over....

I should be cleaning! Busy weekend!

July 13th, 2012, 3:45 pm #2

My niece's baby shower is on sunday, and it's kind of a pot luck kind of thing.

People already signed up for veggie/fruit platters, spinich dip, ice cream cake, and salsa/chips.

I considered making cupcakes, but it's going to be hot, too hot for chocolate.
The other thing I thought of was Bruschetta, but someone was like "but we already have someone bring salsa" and I replied "yeah, so?"

Anyway, should I just go ahead with the bruschetta, or do you have any ideas for some other little thing I could bring?

Barkenstein
Barkenstein

July 13th, 2012, 3:48 pm #3

Do cupcakes have to be chocolate?

July 13th, 2012, 3:48 pm #4

People already signed up for veggie/fruit platters, spinich dip, ice cream cake, and salsa/chips.

The other thing I thought of was Bruschetta, but someone was like "but we already have someone bring salsa" and I replied "yeah, so?"

Anyway, should I just go ahead with the bruschetta, or do you have any ideas for some other little thing I could bring?
Too hot for chocolate? What??

ETA Barky has a point. They do come in other flavours. In fact, you are pretty much in charge of the flavour. Pretty much.
Last edited by jeannien on July 13th, 2012, 3:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

July 13th, 2012, 3:54 pm #5

1) it's never too hot for chocolate

2) if you have ice cream cake, cup cakes are no needed.

3) make punch with sherbet!

Or Chocolate covered strawberries!

Or make peanut butter fudge which is silly easy to make and crazy good.

July 13th, 2012, 3:59 pm #6

Or savory ideas...

Deviled eggs
Shrimp salad canapés
Tomato mozzarella basil
Stuffed mushrooms
Mini crab cakes

July 13th, 2012, 4:05 pm #7

They had to be choclate cause I found a recipie for some fancy chocolate ones that I wanted to try. And of course it's too hot if it's going to make the ganache topping melt all over us.

Caprese salad! Perfect for a hot day, thanks!!

CapsLock
CapsLock

July 13th, 2012, 4:21 pm #8

I'm going to see a Grateful Dead cover band tomorrow. Then on Sunday I'm going to a cook out.

Let me tell you about the cookout. We were asked if we wanted to go at a wedding we attended. We said sure. They said we'll send you an invite. So, the GF gets a facebook invite that says it's a "benefit" in which "donations" will be accepted. Is that F'd up or what? Invite someone to a BBQ and then hit em up for money. RUDE!

July 13th, 2012, 4:22 pm #9

Youre going to a dead cover band?? What did you, lose a bet??

Take a Walmart gc to the BBQ.

CapsLock
CapsLock

July 13th, 2012, 4:24 pm #10

No. The dead cover band is playing at a surprise party for my sister. Her knew ultra-controlling asshat of a boyfriend is throwing it.