Untitled

Untitled

Soozin
Soozin

June 28th, 2011, 3:42 pm #1

American Idol auditions are down the street from me today... I think I'll pop over there at lunch and see what's up.

If I was motivated, I'd snag our good camera and do some interviews, but that's just not gonna happen. I also thought it'd be fun to carry a clipboard and have people give me a "wild card" audition. I might actually do that.

Or maybe I'll just audition them myself to come over and sing for me while I practice my guitar. ha!

Soozin
Soozin

June 28th, 2011, 3:49 pm #2

Woops - missed the title. heh.

June 28th, 2011, 4:33 pm #3

American Idol auditions are down the street from me today... I think I'll pop over there at lunch and see what's up.

If I was motivated, I'd snag our good camera and do some interviews, but that's just not gonna happen. I also thought it'd be fun to carry a clipboard and have people give me a "wild card" audition. I might actually do that.

Or maybe I'll just audition them myself to come over and sing for me while I practice my guitar. ha!
Dooooo eeet! and report back

"This is Soozin, for OddtOdd DFB News"

jiggy
jiggy

June 28th, 2011, 5:48 pm #4

Idol wannabees are nothing but a bunch of Emus.

Aurora
Aurora

June 29th, 2011, 2:09 am #5

Did you go?

Soozin
Soozin

June 30th, 2011, 3:14 pm #6

I did go! It wasn't the mob scene I was expecting. They had herded everyone inside by lunch time. But there were a few stragglers outside.

One gir was outside, and her dad came busting out the doors saying, "THERE YOU ARE!!! I LOVE YOU! SO PROUD OF YOU!!!" and she got all giggly and said, "You didn't tell grandma did you? We're not supposed to tell anybody!" and the dad was just bursting - it was really cute.

(I am TERRIBLE at stealth paparazzi-ing, so these are all bad... heh)

But here's the girl that made it through - could she be our NEXT. AMERICAN. IDOL?

And two others...

And this bug was on the office door. Never seen anything like it...

Arwen
Arwen

June 30th, 2011, 3:17 pm #7

Yes, you would not be good in a surveillance type situation. That girl could be anyone

That is SOME bug tho. Moth? Holy moly.

Appalled
Appalled

June 30th, 2011, 3:24 pm #8

I did go! It wasn't the mob scene I was expecting. They had herded everyone inside by lunch time. But there were a few stragglers outside.

One gir was outside, and her dad came busting out the doors saying, "THERE YOU ARE!!! I LOVE YOU! SO PROUD OF YOU!!!" and she got all giggly and said, "You didn't tell grandma did you? We're not supposed to tell anybody!" and the dad was just bursting - it was really cute.

(I am TERRIBLE at stealth paparazzi-ing, so these are all bad... heh)

But here's the girl that made it through - could she be our NEXT. AMERICAN. IDOL?

And two others...

And this bug was on the office door. Never seen anything like it...

Thats an impressive bug

June 30th, 2011, 3:56 pm #9

That moth looks like it just returned from "Operation Desert Whoop Ass". This thread is worthy of a title now.

Soozin
Soozin

June 30th, 2011, 4:12 pm #10

It was just "Marine Week" here last week, too. They had the big blackhawk helicopters, and the other one, and some tanks on display. And they did a mock "amphibious assault" on the Mississippi River under the arch. I joked that the marines must have left that moth behind.

Speaking of the arch, how's about this rainbow from my desk from a month or so ago? It became a double-rainbow (I KNOW!) a few minutes later...