Under the Radar Movies

Under the Radar Movies

April 16th, 2012, 7:02 pm #1

I have free movie channels for 3 months (DirectTv deal) so I have been watching a lot of movies that I never would have caught otherwise.

Have to say - pretty impressed overall. My favorites so far are It's Kind of a Funny Story and Janie Jones.

It's Kind of a Funny Story is a great story with interesting characters, a positive message, and a great sound track.

I searched on the movie bored for both to see if anyone had mentioned either, and nope. I am so glad I got to see them even if by accident.

On that note, any under the radar movies not discussed before anyone recommends?
Last edited by AnnyBoo on April 16th, 2012, 7:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dante Bean
Dante Bean

April 17th, 2012, 3:51 am #2

Holy shit It's Kind of a Funny Story was terrible. So, so bad.

smirk
smirk

April 17th, 2012, 3:00 pm #3

Maybe you just don't get it, Dante.

It's the terror of knowing what this world is about. Watching some good friends scream, 'get me out!'

Ttg
Ttg

April 17th, 2012, 5:14 pm #4

Holy shit It's Kind of a Funny Story was terrible. So, so bad.
Haha, Dante the OT movay board bully.

Dante Bean
Dante Bean

April 17th, 2012, 8:39 pm #5

Thank God I don't live in Arizona!

April 17th, 2012, 9:47 pm #6

WOW! I am surprised you really didn't like it Dante. I even recorded it so the Boy could watch it too - and he really liked it. From what I can tell from your posts that I have read, I thought we had similar taste in movies.

ETA: LOL @ Smirk

Last edited by AnnyBoo on April 17th, 2012, 9:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

April 17th, 2012, 11:19 pm #7

I recommend Office Space. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0151804/
"'Tis strange but true, for the truth is always strange, stranger than fiction."

April 18th, 2012, 12:54 pm #8

I saw a movie called 'Lake Mungo' on fear.net a while ago. Although not great-- it's better than the usual schlock hiding in there.

smirk
smirk

April 18th, 2012, 1:55 pm #9

I downloaded a bunch of hand-held movies - I think Lake Mungo, among them. Will have to give it a try.

Among the bunch was one called "Home Movie" - sorta meh. But I didn't go to sleep so it had that going for it.

Anny, if you haven't seen it already, you might want to check out "World's Greatest Dad", with Robin Williams - it has the same vibey-vibe going on as ..Funny Story..., albeit a bit darker. It also uses Under Pressure - which, honestly, brings any movie up an extra 1/2 cookie in my book.

Dante Bean
Dante Bean

April 18th, 2012, 4:12 pm #10

Tell me more about this "Office Space."