The way that you flip your hair ... swoon

The way that you flip your hair ... swoon

Aurora
Aurora

April 22nd, 2012, 4:12 pm #1

Normally I totally own my crappy taste in music, but even I am embarassed by how much I like this song. Also, it tricks me, everytime I come on I like it immediately and turn up the volume only to realize what it is, and feel shame again.

But come on, with lyrics like "The way that you flip your hair gets me overwhelmed"
"you don't know you're beautiful, that's what makes you beautiful"
How can you not love it! Right? :s

<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="315"></embed></object>

They were on SNL a couple weeks ago, and I loved them there too.... oh the shame!

jiggy
jiggy

April 22nd, 2012, 4:26 pm #2

Why did I just listen to that?

WHY?

Aurora
Aurora

April 22nd, 2012, 4:29 pm #3

Did you listen to all of it? If you did... if you couldn't turn it off.... I will feel better about myself.

jo
jo

April 22nd, 2012, 4:34 pm #4

but but but Rory! Rory Rory...

they're only 9!

jiggy
jiggy

April 22nd, 2012, 4:34 pm #5

Did you listen to all of it? If you did... if you couldn't turn it off.... I will feel better about myself.
Yes, the whole thing.

Aurora
Aurora

April 22nd, 2012, 4:47 pm #6

It's not like I'm attracted to them, Jo.

Although, did you hear... one of them asked out the Canadian bachelorettle lady Jillian Harris. He's 18, she's 32... She said no.

It was the one second from the right

Lea
Lea

April 22nd, 2012, 10:58 pm #7

Ive never heard of them or that song.

April 23rd, 2012, 12:46 am #8

Curse you! I heard that in my car while running errands today! Now I will be hearing it constantly!!!!

April 23rd, 2012, 3:26 pm #9

So I first saw these guys when they were the musical act on SNL a few weeks ago.

So I got interested enough to to a little Googling about what their deal was. I find them compelling in a car wreck kind of way.

They started as a bunch of solo guys on the British "X Factor" that didn't make the show that one of the judges said should get together and try to reapply as a group act. It worked, and they came in third. Then Simon Cowell signed them. Now they're being foisted on us. I can only assume they'll be household names in the USA soon enough.

On one level - I get it. The songs are plenty catchy and the boys 'cute' enough to enthrall American's tweens and early teens. Formulaic boy band requirements: CHECK.

I'm amazed at how girly they are. I guess Duran Duran looked pretty girly in their day - but this seems a little different to me for some reason. The next phase of androgeny.

Also - why do they all grab their dicks so much? They were out of control with the dick grabbing on SNL. Women - does this excite you? There must be a reason so many of these acts do this.

All the musical complaints I'd make would basically hold for any of these groups - and to level them is a waste of breath because these groups will always exist, regardless of how much talent they do/don't actually possess.

A Citizen
A Citizen

April 23rd, 2012, 3:33 pm #10

I CAN'T STOP MY EARS FROM BURNING!