The Avengers

The Avengers

March 13th, 2012, 8:42 pm #1

I was eating dinner yesterday watching SPIKE TV, and caught the trailer for the Avengers. So far, I've only seen the Iron Man films. My sister saw Thor last year, but I didn't on account because a lot of critics said that it was a pretty sub-par movie with no oomph.

I enjoyed Iron Man 1 and 2. I think I'll give the Avengers a shot.

TTG
TTG

March 14th, 2012, 5:09 am #2

In the same boat, saw the Captain America movie as well and dug that one, not as good as Iron Man 1 though.

May 2nd, 2012, 4:39 pm #3

TTG, you should check out the recent animated series of the <em>Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes</em>

http://www.amazon.com/The-Avengers-Volu ... 668&sr=1-1

May 3rd, 2012, 2:14 am #4

Quick spoiler free review of critic's take on the Avengers:

http://thatguywiththeglasses.com/videol ... s-assemble

TTG
TTG

May 3rd, 2012, 9:10 am #5

I've been hearing nothing but good things about it... the one quote that stood out on RT is something like "Avengers isn't over-whelming or under-whelming just whelming...". Never heard whelming used just by itself thought it was kinda clever, the internet is smart sometimes.

Dante Bean
Dante Bean

May 3rd, 2012, 3:34 pm #6

I'm oddly looking forward to it. I'm normally so anti-comic book filck but these actually range from decent to good. I really, really liked the Ed Norton Hulk flick. I dug Iron Man 2 and Captain America. Didn't really care for Thor. I dig Jeremy Renner (even though his get up in this flick looks like a cheap Halloween costume to me) so I'm actually moderately excited to see this.

Dante Bean
Dante Bean

May 3rd, 2012, 3:35 pm #7

However, they picked the lamest villan out of all the set up flicks to center this around.

May 3rd, 2012, 4:38 pm #8

Because I decided to pass on Thor, I didn't get a chance to see the villain Loki in action. My guess he was light on the idea of taking over the world.

May 3rd, 2012, 4:53 pm #9

I saw an interview over the weekend with the director, Joss Whedon. While I am very firmly in the anti comic book films camp, the interview really made me want to see the movie. He was very funny and had some interesting comment on the directions he took the movie in, why, and such. Very cool.

Dante Bean
Dante Bean

May 5th, 2012, 7:14 am #10

Saw it tonight. It's okay. Insanely drawn out though. Paper thin plot did not require an hour+ of set up.