Talkin' the Bakken

Talkin' the Bakken

Bider
Bider

April 25th, 2012, 5:05 pm #1

So the oil and gas industry is going nuts here. I think I heard something like 30,000 people are expected to move to the area.

CRAZY!

So already, the housing market is nuts. My friend bought a house for $65,000. Updated it, something like $10,000 and is selling it for almost $200,000.

We've had an increase in crime, drugs, murder, man on man rape.

We can't hire more police because there is no place for them to live.

Here's video about a 'man' camp.

<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="315"></embed></object>

Ginny
Ginny

April 25th, 2012, 5:08 pm #2

I do not understain.

AnonoBoBo
AnonoBoBo

April 25th, 2012, 5:10 pm #3

So the oil and gas industry is going nuts here. I think I heard something like 30,000 people are expected to move to the area.

CRAZY!

So already, the housing market is nuts. My friend bought a house for $65,000. Updated it, something like $10,000 and is selling it for almost $200,000.

<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="315"></embed></object>
Are they fracking for natural gas? That seems like a big mess. I think there is a mass coverup of how bad it is for the environment (east coast earthquakes, stinky water, water that catches on FIRE) and the people that live near it. Awful.

April 25th, 2012, 5:15 pm #4

Looks like he's allowed to have a networked computer in the fracking compound.

Land sakes alive, the steak's alive.

A Citizen
A Citizen

April 25th, 2012, 5:26 pm #5

Are they fracking for natural gas? That seems like a big mess. I think there is a mass coverup of how bad it is for the environment (east coast earthquakes, stinky water, water that catches on FIRE) and the people that live near it. Awful.
So Bider...something you want to tell us?

Bider
Bider

April 25th, 2012, 5:49 pm #6

Yep, that pretty much says it.

A Citizen
A Citizen

April 25th, 2012, 5:51 pm #7

Still trying to get my head around the man on man rape...

Seems like a great place to open up an adult book store and a handiwipe kiosk.

(or 50 of em)

Bider
Bider

April 25th, 2012, 5:56 pm #8

There is this guy who got drunk and passed out in his truck. The next morning he didn't 'feel right' so he called the police. They were able to get surveillance video and caught 3 men raping him.

SO glad I have my dogs. I encourage them to bark when someone comes to the shack. AND if I don't know you don't count on that I'll answer.

There are hotels popping up and we are nearly at 100% full everyday. Makes it hard when we have normal visitors. Might make the little tourist activity that we get even harder now.

April 25th, 2012, 5:56 pm #9

CRAZY!

Everytime I read this thread title I think of Christopher Walken.

REMIXED to remove the large Walken

There are just some things one should not google, but I digress.
Last edited by jude3606 on April 25th, 2012, 7:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

April 25th, 2012, 6:12 pm #10

Land sakes alive, the steak's alive.