Spin

Spin

CapsLock
CapsLock

May 23rd, 2012, 7:05 pm #1

I was just reading a story that said Facebook stock "may have hit bottom." Does that sound like spin to you? Like $40 billion worth?

That thing is going to be a disaster. I mean talk about a bubble. What a bunch of hyped up BS.

Am I right? Isn't it crazy?

AnonoPajama
AnonoPajama

May 23rd, 2012, 7:09 pm #2

Isn't it worth like $4 a share now?

What a bunch of bullshit. That anybody can make literally billions of dollars out of something like this is such a farce.

CapsLock
CapsLock

May 23rd, 2012, 7:12 pm #3

But anon, isn't being able to see the offspring of the douchebag you sat next to in algebra class priceless to you, anon. Dontcha wanna buy a fuckin goat for your make believe fuckin farm?

May 23rd, 2012, 7:13 pm #4

Quote of the day, Caps.

May 23rd, 2012, 7:31 pm #5

Nothing is real anyway. So go ahead and buy that facebook stock and feed your virtual goat corndogs and caviar. You can pay for it with bubble money, using the time machine you found on skymall. All you have to do is believe the lies you tell yourself.

"Today, a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively. There's no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we're the imagination of ourselves. Here's Tom with the weather."

- Bill Hicks

May 23rd, 2012, 7:34 pm #6

Quote of the day, Caps.
The IPO scandal notwithstanding, I doubt Facebook is going anywhere. It took the Internet 30 years to hit 750 million users, it took Facebook 8 years. there's no fighting inertia unless you're the new inertia...and so far no one seems able to truly compete with Facebook as people's destination on the web.

"Google may still be the worlds most visited website with users spending nearly 2 hours on the site in a given month. But the average U.S. Internet user spends nearly 4 times the amount of those hours on Facebook."

It has its starts and stops and what it will become is not really clear, but I would say once it gets clear of this, Facebook will be just fine.

May 23rd, 2012, 7:35 pm #7

Quote of the day, Caps.
oops, weird...double post.
Last edited by orvis on May 23rd, 2012, 7:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CapsLock
CapsLock

May 23rd, 2012, 7:42 pm #8

What it is and what it will always be is a fancy billboard. Seems clear as a bell to me.
Last edited by HOLDSDOWNSHIFTKEY on May 23rd, 2012, 7:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

May 23rd, 2012, 7:48 pm #9

That's what TV is.

May 23rd, 2012, 7:51 pm #10

What it is and what it will always be is a fancy billboard. Seems clear as a bell to me.
"no one seems able to truly compete with Facebook as people's destination on the web."

Network 54? No?