Speaking of June weddings and dresses

Speaking of June weddings and dresses

Balti
Balti

April 9th, 2012, 9:31 pm #1

Yesterday I was asked to be a bridesmaid in my brother's shot-gun wedding. It's a smallish affair (50-75 guests)at her parents' home and not super formal. The bride is wearing a wedding dress, but it's pretty simple. Her colors are purple, orange, and green. The lovely bride said I could wear whatever I want. There is one other bridesmaid (the bride's sister), and I feel like we should at least coordinate. I have not yet met or corresponded with the bride's sister. However, the sister is 24; I am 41. The sister is 5'10"; I am 5'0". What the hell are we going to wear?

April 9th, 2012, 9:34 pm #2

I'm thinking you go dressed as a pumpkin, and the other bridesmaid goes as an eggplant? You'd each have green for the stems, so that would be a tie-in.

(and now that I'm done being a smartass... something like this would probably work on both of you:http://www.lightinthebox.com/2011-Style ... 18945.html - you could each wear a different colour - one in green, one in purple - and carry orange flowers.)

Last edited by jeez_louise on April 9th, 2012, 9:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

April 9th, 2012, 9:41 pm #3

April 9th, 2012, 9:43 pm #4

Yesterday I was asked to be a bridesmaid in my brother's shot-gun wedding. It's a smallish affair (50-75 guests)at her parents' home and not super formal. The bride is wearing a wedding dress, but it's pretty simple. Her colors are purple, orange, and green. The lovely bride said I could wear whatever I want. There is one other bridesmaid (the bride's sister), and I feel like we should at least coordinate. I have not yet met or corresponded with the bride's sister. However, the sister is 24; I am 41. The sister is 5'10"; I am 5'0". What the hell are we going to wear?
You have a nice rack. The more of the girls you show, the less people will notice your age-wizened face. convince the sister that you should both wear flip-flops and pull out 4" platforms at the last minute. Then she'll only be 6" taller.

April 9th, 2012, 9:55 pm #5

Wear the Pinup Girl Clothing Cherry Dress! Put the 24 year old in a sack! Done and done!

I do actually think the cherry dress would be darling. Colors go with too!

Balti
Balti

April 9th, 2012, 9:55 pm #6

You have a nice rack. The more of the girls you show, the less people will notice your age-wizened face. convince the sister that you should both wear flip-flops and pull out 4" platforms at the last minute. Then she'll only be 6" taller.
That's a cute dress, Louise, and it probably would work for both of us.

PG, I'm afraid of letting my tits hang out too much! Maybe I'll spring for Botox.

Balti
Balti

April 9th, 2012, 9:57 pm #7

Anny, that's what I was going to wear to the wedding until I was asked to be a bridesmaid.

I'd love to get something I could wear again though.

April 9th, 2012, 10:09 pm #8

I think this would be a great dress if you could get it in the right color (I'd go purple given the choices).

Ginny
Ginny

April 9th, 2012, 10:10 pm #9

I'd go purple, too. Orange is better as an accent color and green doesn't show off flowers well.

April 9th, 2012, 10:11 pm #10

I think this would be a great dress if you could get it in the right color (I'd go purple given the choices).

Wow, Anny, I love that.