Source Code

Source Code

Dante Bean
Dante Bean

April 4th, 2011, 2:03 am #1

Pretty nice flick. Doesn't overstay it's welcome. Moves at a nice pace and the end is really pretty beautiful. Definitely liked it, but wouldn't say run to the theater to see it.

TTG
TTG

April 4th, 2011, 2:39 am #2

Gylenhal? Gillenhal? I don't know how to spell it, is now a tough sell for me. Is this movie going to change the way I think? It seems like an action oriented version of groundhog day.

Dante Bean
Dante Bean

April 4th, 2011, 2:55 am #3

It is. Replace the humor of Groundhog Day with a very sci-fi intensive plot and here you are.

I have no real opinion on Jake. Haven't seen a lot with him honestly. I love Jarhead, but hated Zodiac and Prince of Persia. Though anyone else in those flicks wouldn't have made me enjoy them more.

TTG
TTG

April 4th, 2011, 3:12 am #4

I didn't dig Jarhead that much, it was a modernized full metal jacket at least that's what I took from it. A lot of build up for a small pay off, and a lot of frustrated angry soldiers. I'll probably catch it on netflix instant watch (99% of the movies I watch these days...) I know I see the least amount of movies in theaters on these boards, but I just love me some netflix... plus i think the last movie I saw in the theaters was Avatar and thats enough to make me never want to go back to theaters period.

Smirk
Smirk

April 4th, 2011, 2:03 pm #5

I really liked Jarhead. It was less Jake than just some of the visual choices. I will say that the oil well scene with the horse completely made me realize the extent to which Saddam was just a total fucking asshole. Its one thing reading about something like that in Newsweek, but to see it brought to life pretty amazing.