Snappy come back

Snappy come back

Appalled
Appalled

September 15th, 2011, 5:53 pm #1

So this morning I had a lot of things going on, I was making food to take with me this afternoon, I had just finished making breakfast and packing lunch for my life mate plus I was putting a cake in the oven and had a load of clothes to fold. And i had an appointment at 10. So of course my neighbor stopped by for a chat. I invited her in for coffee and apologized for the chaos as I was popping the cake in the oven. She said "I have learn to be more like you, not care what my house looks like and just do the fun stuff like baking, forget housework.". This am I didn't say a thing but its been bothering me all day...

So far all I have is "oh yeah well the neighborhood hates your husband!"

Lea
Lea

September 15th, 2011, 6:10 pm #2

"Really? I thought you had let go of housework a long time ago. Huh. Maybe you just need a little help."

Lea
Lea

September 15th, 2011, 6:11 pm #3

Also: "Get out of my kitchen you judgmental bitch." works as well.

Appalled
Appalled

September 15th, 2011, 6:14 pm #4

"Really? I thought you had let go of housework a long time ago. Huh. Maybe you just need a little help."
Ha!

Her house is always perfect... Even she'll say "oh I'm leaning don't mind the mess" and she has a duster out, that's it.

Anny
Anny

September 15th, 2011, 6:14 pm #5

When someone says something so incredibly rude to me, I just confront it. "Excuse me? Would you like to try that again?" Worked with my teenagers who often spoke without brain in gear, works with insensitive/unprofessional coworkers, and works with the plain rude.

With this approach, the outcome is of two types:

1. The person is shocked into realizing what he/she just said and makes amends
2. The person is purposefully spiteful and clearly instructed you will not tolerate it

September 15th, 2011, 6:21 pm #6

Need more material. Actual dirt. Only thing to go off is her attitude in that moment, from which I would proffer:
"Thanks so much, perhaps we could trade. I've wished I could stop keeping underhanded compliments to myself, I'd like to be more like you and just insult people with a smile!".

Also. "life mate"? eyeroll

AnonoFry
AnonoFry

September 15th, 2011, 6:24 pm #7

Ha!

Her house is always perfect... Even she'll say "oh I'm leaning don't mind the mess" and she has a duster out, that's it.
I wish I didn't have a job that I need to pay for things like "house" and "food." My house would be spotless, too.

Envy. Yes. Green with it. If there's a hell, I hope I get a window seat.

Comeback: Yeah, I know what you mean. I've often wondered how you get away with walking around looking like that - what's your secret?

Ronnie
Ronnie

September 15th, 2011, 6:27 pm #8

You gonna be an asshole all day or is this just a morning thing?

AnonoFry
AnonoFry

September 15th, 2011, 6:30 pm #9

I wish I didn't have a job that I need to pay for things like "house" and "food." My house would be spotless, too.

Envy. Yes. Green with it. If there's a hell, I hope I get a window seat.

Comeback: Yeah, I know what you mean. I've often wondered how you get away with walking around looking like that - what's your secret?
Appalled:

Appalled's neighbor:

September 15th, 2011, 6:32 pm #10

"I've had your baking. Stick to what you're already good at."