Prometheus

Prometheus

March 16th, 2012, 5:03 pm #1

Hi guys. I'm on my lunch and have been looking ahead for flicks that interest me. I did run across this one that's opening on June 8th.

Directed by Ridley Scott, the storyline is about a group of explorers that find a clue to the origins of the human race.

Unfortunately unlocking the secrets of our beginnings comes with a price, and the team must fight to survive so humanity can have a future.

Last edited by Afro_Autobot on March 16th, 2012, 5:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dante Bean
Dante Bean

March 16th, 2012, 6:55 pm #2

Supposedly tied to the Alien franchise somehow.

March 16th, 2012, 8:52 pm #3

It is.

From what I've read, it's suppose to be a prequel, but the producers didn't want to advertise it that way. Mind you, I'm at work so I haven't seen the trailer.

I'm going off topic a bit to tell you my thoughts on the Alien films as a whole:

Alien (1979): OK

Aliens (1986): Awesome!

Alien 3 (1993): Terrible!

Alien Resurrection (1997): Retarded!

Backenstein
Backenstein

March 22nd, 2012, 3:14 pm #4

<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="315"></embed></object>

May 14th, 2012, 1:19 pm #5

I'm so looking forward to this.

Dante Bean
Dante Bean

May 14th, 2012, 7:09 pm #6

Dying to see it. I know a guy who has lives and breathes everything about this movie and can't not look at spoilers, so if you want to preserve it, don't look at the track listing for the soundtrack. Tracks 17-19 are sort of giveaways.

June 6th, 2012, 3:20 am #7

Just watched this flic.

Not bad, not great!

Reminded me of Alien, just a lot more people in it.

Worth watching though.

I'm sure I'll watch it more than once, but then I watch a lot of flics more than once.

"There has to be an invisible sun."

June 6th, 2012, 11:48 am #8

Seeing it this weekend. I don't know... it worries me a little. Like they're hiding the fact that there's nothing there.

June 6th, 2012, 1:44 pm #9

Wait... Bark, you already seen it? Hmmm.

Todd, I think there will be surprises in store for us.

Read an article on the way to work saying that Prometheus takes place 37 years before the fateful voyage of the Nostromo. Even David 8 is a precursor to the Ash android model. Let's hope he doesn't freak out.

Dante Bean
Dante Bean

June 6th, 2012, 2:50 pm #10

Seeing it Friday.

I have no love for the Alien series at all but think this looks really good, and I love Ridley. I think that's going to work to my benefit because I'm not expecting a return to form for alien lore, just a great sci-fi flick.

I have a friend on another board, massive Alien fan, who has done everything possible to spoil and over hype this movie for himself and he's already disappointed.