Nook or Kindle? Opinions, please.

Nook or Kindle? Opinions, please.

Kohsblocks
Kohsblocks

May 11th, 2011, 7:36 pm #1

Hi Bored!

Do you have a Nook or a Kindle?

Pros / Cons of either?

If you have neither, which one would you buy (or rather someone give you as a gift, etc.)?

I've done some Google-ing reviews, but the wisdom of the Bored is irreplaceable.

Thanks.

Arwen
Arwen

May 11th, 2011, 7:37 pm #2

Kohsblocks
Kohsblocks

May 11th, 2011, 7:39 pm #3

Thanks, Arwen!

Though the thread is a year old.....

heh.

Arwen
Arwen

May 11th, 2011, 7:44 pm #4

I'm sure it's still relevant

Kohsblocks
Kohsblocks

May 11th, 2011, 7:50 pm #5

I just read it

It did help.

FUNNY thread, especially banter between Maestra and Doc Z. LOL!

BUT... whatabout the Nook Color????

And the new Kindle ???

Anyone else who got one / had one on the old thread.... have any updated opinions, after having used them for a year?

Arwen
Arwen

May 11th, 2011, 7:55 pm #6

You are so difficult to please

May 11th, 2011, 7:56 pm #7

I just read it

It did help.

FUNNY thread, especially banter between Maestra and Doc Z. LOL!

BUT... whatabout the Nook Color????

And the new Kindle ???

Anyone else who got one / had one on the old thread.... have any updated opinions, after having used them for a year?
If you're going to be reading mostly books, I'd definitely go with the new Kindle. You could probably get by with the Wifi only one unless you're out and about a lot. If you plan ahead, the lack of 3G will not be a problem at all.

Nook color is great if you are going to be reading a lot more magazines and stuff with pictures, I guess. I wouldn't want to sit and read on an LCD for more than a few hours at a time. The E-Ink displays are infinitely better for reading plain text - pretty much congruous to paper.

The Nook ereader is great and I have no problem with mine at all, but I think the contrast is better on the Kindles.

ETA: I've had mine since February 2010 and I bring it everywhere. I love that friggin' device so much. I never want to go back to regular, cumbersome books.

Land sakes alive, the steak's alive.
Last edited by Dr.Zhivago on May 11th, 2011, 7:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

May 11th, 2011, 7:59 pm #8

Also...

May 11th, 2011, 8:03 pm #9

I have a Nook wi-fi - a great little invention. Like Doc Z, I don't see that the colour version would benefit me, as I only download books without pit-churz. The small navigation screen down the bottom on my version, however IS in colour, so if you want to see the inter-tubes in colour on a tiny screen, there is that. It also lets you download music, although I haven't as my tiny brain doesn't like "bi-tasking" ie - listening to music and reading simultaneously. I do so love my Nook.

May 11th, 2011, 8:06 pm #10

Hi Veebs! I miss you! I'm going to be in NY next Friday, if you're around! I'm going to the NY Public Library around 7pm, but I might be in town a little earlier, wandering around and getting distracted by stuff. Let me know if you want to grab a bite or a cup of tea or something.