New Editing Rules

New Editing Rules

Odd Todd
Odd Todd

February 29th, 2012, 2:34 pm #1

If somebody edits a post of yours and you'd like to protest the edit. Please post a formal complaint in a NEW THREAD on the board regarding the edit.

I will review the edited post and be judge and jury if the said edit in question is justified. And hand out justice accordingly.

Starting today, if you edit someone's post just to bust their chops and the busted chops party posts a complaint post-- the chop buster will permanently lose editing privileges.

If you do not have editing privileges and would like editing privileges you most post on this thread requesting such privileges.

Note: Editing powers is not about being loosey goosey. They're about keeping the board free of spam and a convenience in case you'd like to change your own post. Think three times before editing someone else's post because that edit might be your last.

thank you,.

the management

February 29th, 2012, 2:37 pm #2

Thank you, Todd. What about deleting non spam posts?

Appalled
Appalled

February 29th, 2012, 2:37 pm #3

If somebody edits a post of yours and you'd like to protest the edit. Please post a formal complaint in a NEW THREAD on the board regarding the edit.

I will review the edited post and be judge and jury if the said edit in question is justified. And hand out justice accordingly.

Starting today, if you edit someone's post just to bust their chops and the busted chops party posts a complaint post-- the chop buster will permanently lose editing privileges.

If you do not have editing privileges and would like editing privileges you most post on this thread requesting such privileges.

Note: Editing powers is not about being loosey goosey. They're about keeping the board free of spam and a convenience in case you'd like to change your own post. Think three times before editing someone else's post because that edit might be your last.

thank you,.

the management
Awesome, thank you Todd.

February 29th, 2012, 2:38 pm #4

Can we possibly review making logging-in mandatory as well?

Thanks.

February 29th, 2012, 2:42 pm #5

I love these rules too!

According to this, I see nothing about any of the edits I've made! No anon can post an edit complaint can they? How would we know it was actually them? What regular is going to complain on behalf of an Anon - especially when they can't even see what WAS there and don't really know how bad it was or wasn't?

The only one editing logged in posters is Appy, and several have officially complained!

None of my edits were loosey goosey, they all eliminated something nasty and worthless from the board!

These rules are completely consistent with my actions.

YAY! Vindication!

Appalled
Appalled

February 29th, 2012, 2:47 pm #6

I disagree, Todd said anyone can complain and I hope the anons do. I don't want my board moderated by you.

AnonoBoom
AnonoBoom

February 29th, 2012, 2:47 pm #7

I love these rules too!

According to this, I see nothing about any of the edits I've made! No anon can post an edit complaint can they? How would we know it was actually them? What regular is going to complain on behalf of an Anon - especially when they can't even see what WAS there and don't really know how bad it was or wasn't?

The only one editing logged in posters is Appy, and several have officially complained!

None of my edits were loosey goosey, they all eliminated something nasty and worthless from the board!

These rules are completely consistent with my actions.

YAY! Vindication!
MR. DENGS ASSHOLE HAS BEEN LOOSEY GOOSEY LATELY

AnonoBoom
AnonoBoom

February 29th, 2012, 2:52 pm #8

And.. there it is. Wonderful.

"None of my edits were loosey goosey, they all eliminated something nasty and worthless from the board!"

The above statement is a complete lie. Nothing "nasty" was posted. Until now. Welcome back, Deng Violator.

February 29th, 2012, 2:53 pm #9

MR. DENGS ASSHOLE HAS BEEN LOOSEY GOOSEY LATELY
Any of the Mr. Deng a-hole posts (and that ilk) are open to always be edited.

February 29th, 2012, 2:54 pm #10

And.. there it is. Wonderful.

"None of my edits were loosey goosey, they all eliminated something nasty and worthless from the board!"

The above statement is a complete lie. Nothing "nasty" was posted. Until now. Welcome back, Deng Violator.
That's not entirely true. I posted something nasty toward Appy that I regret in retrospect. I wanted to edit it, but the thread was deleted.

Sorry, Appy. I was going for shock value and it made me feel uncomfortable after the fact.