more first world peeves - go!

more first world peeves - go!

May 4th, 2012, 11:34 pm #1

I just came from the grocery store. Seldom do they offer to take my stash out for me which is fine by me. Unless I have something heavy I don't need someone holding my hand out to the car.

Today, the gal offered to take my cart out for me. I told her no don't worry I got it. She said no, I got it. I just looked at her perplexed and could feel my dog fight smile coming on. I said thanks but no. Then she just stood there holding onto my cart like she didn't hear and if she did she didn't care.

There was going to be a grocery cart cat fight! LOL!

Luckily someone else hollared at her for help and when she walked away I grabbed my cart and went!

So silly. But I couldn't believe her nerve.
Last edited by BidersSpite on May 5th, 2012, 12:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

May 4th, 2012, 11:44 pm #2

That bothers me for some reason, too. The Kroger I go to almost always loads it into one of their trolleys they'll take out for you. As soon as they start bagging, I always politely request they put the bags back in my regular cart. They know what it means.

May 4th, 2012, 11:50 pm #3

I self check and flip the bird at everyone on the way out.

May 5th, 2012, 12:01 am #4

LOL Caps! I'll have to remember that move. I just adjusted my bra straps in this case.

May 5th, 2012, 12:10 am #5

Actually, I do know why I don't want them bringing my bags to my car. I feel I have to tip them, and let's face it, every dollar counts. I can load my own groceries! Sorry, man, no tip from me. But I'm not going to have them bring my bags out and them stiff them, either.

May 5th, 2012, 12:14 am #6

I have never tipped a grocery carry outer person. I guess I am kinda Dwight like that. First of all it's something I can do myself and second I didn't ask for the service and third its their friggin job.

Maybe that's why she was so insistent?

May 5th, 2012, 12:21 am #7

wusses, the lot of ya.

We bag our own groceries in most cases, sometimes scan them in self serve aisles ourselves, and we have no 'carry out' peeps.

We trudge (yes, trudge ) them out in snow, sleet, 2 ft drifts, and tsunamis.....by ourselves, with a crying baby on our hip and wailing toddler in the cart seat.

for miles

in our bare feet

May 5th, 2012, 12:31 am #8

Yeah, well we are talking first world here. When you come over the border you'll see what we mean.

May 5th, 2012, 12:40 am #9

Yeah, reading this is kinda weird for me too. I've never even heard of people who do such a thing in a supermarket. At the stores around me, not only does no one ever offer to help carry anything, but on your way out even boy scouts and girl scouts (depending on the day) mug you for money or canned goods.

May 5th, 2012, 12:56 am #10

HA Bider!

I have a little insight on this. One of my best GF's son worked in a grocery store. They would rather take your bags out to the car and get outside than be in the store customer after customer bagging groceries. Also? The main chains in the US do not ALLOW you to tip them. If they accept they can be fired. It is a courtesy.

So next time, consider you are giving them a little break from the monotony if you let them walk you to the car