Max Payne 3 and Chicken

Max Payne 3 and Chicken

CapsLock
CapsLock

May 22nd, 2012, 3:28 pm #1

Max Payne 3 is hard as hell. The reticle for your weapon is basically just a dot, which is how it was in the first two, but for some reason it seems much more difficult in this one. Maybe because I'm not playing it on a PC and using a mouse? I don't know but I'm frustrated with the game.

I highly recommend the weber rotisserie attachment for the weber 22.5 inch charcoal grill. I did a chicken last night. Brined it for 2 hours and then rubbed it with a basic southwest rub. So good. Probably the best whole chicken I've ever done on a grill. Beats beer can chicken. I'm going to try a turkey next I think. Maybe I'll do a picture thread.

Anyway, slow day on the board. Going to get my hair cut. I'm going crew cut for the summer.

Later

AnonoPajama
AnonoPajama

May 22nd, 2012, 3:31 pm #2

i blame walts asshole

AnonoPajama
AnonoPajama

May 22nd, 2012, 3:39 pm #3

So, you've forsaken Mr. Deng and Whitney Houston? Fascinating.

I haven't played a video game since 1995. Sega. How pixellated!

May 22nd, 2012, 3:48 pm #4

Max Payne 3 is hard as hell. The reticle for your weapon is basically just a dot, which is how it was in the first two, but for some reason it seems much more difficult in this one. Maybe because I'm not playing it on a PC and using a mouse? I don't know but I'm frustrated with the game.

I highly recommend the weber rotisserie attachment for the weber 22.5 inch charcoal grill. I did a chicken last night. Brined it for 2 hours and then rubbed it with a basic southwest rub. So good. Probably the best whole chicken I've ever done on a grill. Beats beer can chicken. I'm going to try a turkey next I think. Maybe I'll do a picture thread.

Anyway, slow day on the board. Going to get my hair cut. I'm going crew cut for the summer.

Later
What kind of brine did you do? I am a huge fan of the brine. We grilled steaks and ionions, and made steak sandwiches with blue cheese and the grilled onions. Sloppy, but so good. We marinated the steaks in Allegro for about 4 hours. Delish.

AnonoPajama
AnonoPajama

May 22nd, 2012, 3:54 pm #5

I marinate chicken in the spicy Allegro to make chicken quesadillas. It is divine.

When I brine, I usually do a salt/sugar mixture, melt it w/ a little warm water, then fill up w/ cold, add chicken or turkey and let it sit overnight. I've done a quick one w/ frozen shrimp, too. Plumps them up nicely.

This makes killer fried chicken, BTW. Just dredge in flour and fry, covered, for 15-20mins, flip, cover, fry about 15 mins more then uncover and fry about 5 mins more. MmmMMM.

May 22nd, 2012, 3:54 pm #6

Later
A pic thread would be nice. Include pics of your dog too

Do you have a garden this year?

CapsLock
CapsLock

May 22nd, 2012, 4:12 pm #7

Back from the haircut. The dude didn't go short enough, but oh well. Still short.

I just use salt in my brine. Todd's toon on brining showed that adding spices and sugars to the brine doesn't really do that much because only the salty solution gets carried back into the cells of the meat through osmosis. I've tried using lemon and honey and things like that in brines and it doesn't really take. So I just do the salt brine for the juiciness and put the rub on for the flavor. (I just tried finding Todd's toon on brining and couldn't)

Arwen, no garden. I'm still working on keeping up with the yard. I'm starting to figure out I'm going to have to be a grass guy. Like weed and feed and all that shit. I didn't want to be a grass guy but you almost have to unless you want to cut the crab grass every 3 days. Maybe next year or the year after for the garden. I just started a little herb planter on the tiny back porch, though.

AnonoPajama
AnonoPajama

May 22nd, 2012, 4:13 pm #8

You got a haircut in 14 minutes?

Please tell me you're not the violator or one of those anon "for the fun of it" snipers. That would be very disappointing.

Ginny
Ginny

May 22nd, 2012, 4:16 pm #9

Back from the haircut. The dude didn't go short enough, but oh well. Still short.

I just use salt in my brine. Todd's toon on brining showed that adding spices and sugars to the brine doesn't really do that much because only the salty solution gets carried back into the cells of the meat through osmosis. I've tried using lemon and honey and things like that in brines and it doesn't really take. So I just do the salt brine for the juiciness and put the rub on for the flavor. (I just tried finding Todd's toon on brining and couldn't)

Arwen, no garden. I'm still working on keeping up with the yard. I'm starting to figure out I'm going to have to be a grass guy. Like weed and feed and all that shit. I didn't want to be a grass guy but you almost have to unless you want to cut the crab grass every 3 days. Maybe next year or the year after for the garden. I just started a little herb planter on the tiny back porch, though.
You'll be that guy walking around his lawn in golf shoes!

I'm going to BBQ this weekend. I think salmon burgers for the boy and chicken burgers for me. Anyone have a good no meat/no mayo side? I was thinking about making beans... Kidney beans, ketchup, brown sugar, diced onion and diced red papper. Then you bake it (with bacon on top, but the boy doesn't eat bacon so I'll skip it).

CapsLock
CapsLock

May 22nd, 2012, 4:16 pm #10

You got a haircut in 14 minutes?

Please tell me you're not the violator or one of those anon "for the fun of it" snipers. That would be very disappointing.
Where do you get 14 minutes, Sherlock? And yes, the place is like 3/4 of a mile from my house. There were three barbers shooting the shit when I walked in because it's a Tuesday morning and no one is there.