Manning to the Broncos

Manning to the Broncos

March 19th, 2012, 5:09 pm #1

Poor poor Tebow.

HA!!

Flibbertigibbet

March 19th, 2012, 5:22 pm #2

I feel bad for him. I mean, he's getting DOGGED in the press now.

March 19th, 2012, 5:32 pm #3

I sincerely hope that Manning's injuries have healed enough to where it is not insanity that he continues to play football.

I really hope I never watch a clip of Manning regretting that he didn't retire now.

March 19th, 2012, 5:38 pm #4

I'm glad the Jets didn't take him. I think he's played his last NFL game.

March 19th, 2012, 6:00 pm #5

Can someone give an example of a formerly great, mid-thirties or beyond quarterback who got acquired by a new team, and then went on to do great things? I remember when Montana went to KC and um, bought cheap real estate. Then of course there was Favre, who embarrassed himself with the Jets and Vikings.

While I'm sure there are a few examples of older athletes having a second wind, so to speak, I don't think history is on the side of the Broncos. And is it really too late to teach Tebow how to throw a football in the NFL? I mean, say what you will about his unorthodox playing style, but he is fun to watch. And isn't that the point?

$8
$8

March 19th, 2012, 6:23 pm #6

Couple things. Apparently Manning's injury wasn't a spinal cord injury, but his neck was pinching nerves in his throwing arm. Once the nerves have regenerated, power returns, etc.
So my understanding is that he's good to return.

Tebow hasn't been an accurate passer by NFL standards ever in his life. I doubt he's ever going to improve.

I think/hope that Manning still has top 10 QB skillz. Evening he's top 16, he's better than Timmy.

March 19th, 2012, 7:01 pm #7

Because I don't get to choose to keep Peyton all to myself, I was not unhappy with his choice of the Broncos. It makes sense on a lot of levels. My oldest son is thrilled as he is a Broncos fan and my younger son is thrilled because his Jags have a shot at Tebow (perhaps).

Like $8 said, Peyton is medically cleared and good to go. No way is he done and he has a lot of great things ahead of him. To compare Peyton to anyone else who played football ever as a means to assess his ability to continue successfully in the NFL is ridiculous. Peyton is like no other. Yeah I am biased. So what?

CapsLock
CapsLock

March 19th, 2012, 7:13 pm #8

Favre had one of the best seasons in NFL history with the Vikings. But, he was an embarassment

March 19th, 2012, 7:16 pm #9

I didn't get that either.

March 19th, 2012, 7:18 pm #10

Favre had one of the best seasons in NFL history with the Vikings. But, he was an embarassment
I know Anny! Peyton is almost as good as Brady in that way!