Join Me Memorial Day 3:00PM

Join Me Memorial Day 3:00PM

May 28th, 2012, 2:46 am #1

C&P
In 2000, President Clinton passed a resolution asking all Americans to observe a National Moment of Remembrance at 3:00 p.m. on each Memorial Day to remember and reflect on the sacrifices made by so many to provide freedom for all. I know what I will be doing at 3:00 p.m. this Memorial Day. I hope I will not be alone.
/C&P

Take a moment from your day to remember. Your time zone. Be there, or be square. Pictures are bonus

ETA: Linky
http://www.humanevents.com/article.php?id=51735

Last edited by AnnyBoo on May 28th, 2012, 2:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

CapsLock
CapsLock

May 28th, 2012, 3:11 am #2

I held my cap over my heart at the game last night during the national anthem. I thought about those men and women. It's like looking at space. I felt small but not insignificant.

Thank You, Veterans.

May 28th, 2012, 3:21 am #3

Caps.

It would be cool to see all our border friends in pic form honoring.

NOW... that's a calendar!

CapsLock
CapsLock

May 28th, 2012, 4:03 am #4

Syria puts things in perspective.

So awful. We're so lucky and stupid.

I know a woman who spent $40K to heat her driveway. She talks about it like it was a necessity, not a f'ing blow your mind extravagance.

40 thousand dollars

CapsLock
CapsLock

May 28th, 2012, 4:11 am #5

to heat her driveway

May 28th, 2012, 4:15 am #6

You guys are all welcome.

I did it for you.

CapsLock
CapsLock

May 28th, 2012, 4:19 am #7

You install heated driveways? That makes sense.

Ronnie
Ronnie

May 28th, 2012, 8:44 am #8

Thank you

May 28th, 2012, 5:36 pm #9

C&P
In 2000, President Clinton passed a resolution asking all Americans to observe a National Moment of Remembrance at 3:00 p.m. on each Memorial Day to remember and reflect on the sacrifices made by so many to provide freedom for all. I know what I will be doing at 3:00 p.m. this Memorial Day. I hope I will not be alone.
/C&P

Take a moment from your day to remember. Your time zone. Be there, or be square. Pictures are bonus

ETA: Linky
http://www.humanevents.com/article.php?id=51735

We do that at 11am every Nov 11. That's our Veterans' Day.

"It's just so confusing. I need a moment."

May 29th, 2012, 2:30 am #10

What an amazing day! The TV weather people told me that it was going to be socked in at the beach here in Pacific Beach pretty much most of the day. Well, they were WRONG! What a beautiful day! The marine layer of fog cleared here around 10ish. Bobby and I went to breakfast around the same time and sat on the patio and I got a little sunburn.

SO... our Fake-aversary plans (17 years and counting) fell through so we just went to our beach at the end of our street. We didn't get there until 2ish, but still... plenty of room. Crazy right? I thought it was going to be packed. But it wasn't!

Here is our spot looking towards the water. The beach was not crowded at all!

So we respected the 3PM and did some salutes (quietly).

Bobby...

Me...

The water was cold just initially, but it wasn't bad at all! I usually can't stand the temp until July or August. But it felt great!

I hope everyone enjoyed the time off (last week for the Canucks and this we for us 'Mericans). Post Pics!

Last edited by AnnyBoo on May 29th, 2012, 2:32 am, edited 1 time in total.