It's the weekend!

It's the weekend!

June 1st, 2012, 6:26 pm #1

What are you doing?

I'm dragging Guitar boy to the San Diego Zoo Safari Park.  (Paging DJ and whitey - I haven't been there in at least 10 years, any tips or must see's?)
<i>Emokid is throwing slomo dove at my face, I guess that means he flipped me the bird</i>

June 1st, 2012, 6:35 pm #2

Fun, Ginny! I haven't been there yet.

I am going to the 33rd annual Fiesta Del Sol in Solana Beach. Free admission, wandering around looking at arts/crafts, music of all kinds (and the English Beat is headlining - WOOT!!), and this year they added gourmet food trucks.

Plus it is all right on the boardwalk/beach.

June 1st, 2012, 6:37 pm #3

Oooh, that sounds awesome Anny.
<i>Emokid is throwing slomo dove at my face, I guess that means he flipped me the bird</i>

June 1st, 2012, 6:41 pm #4

Please take pictures. Elepants and Cheetahs please.

"Ta Friggin da"

June 1st, 2012, 6:53 pm #5

I will try!

June 1st, 2012, 7:02 pm #6

The Fiesta Del Sol in Sat and Sun, Ginny. You guys should hit it on the way to the park or after.

Here's the info...

http://www.solanabeachchamber.com/previ ... /info.aspx

ETA: I think (?) you can zipline at the safari park!

Last edited by AnnyBoo on June 1st, 2012, 7:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

June 1st, 2012, 7:07 pm #7

I don't want to overwhelm my BF.  He doesn't really enjoy crowds and I think he'll have had enough for one day.  Plus, just looking at the map made me feel tired.  It's a pretty good haul.

I don't think I want to zip line, but that big balloon thing (like a hot air balloon but not) looks like something we might like.

June 1st, 2012, 7:22 pm #8

Hannah is going to King's Dominion with her best friend (their treat!) and then sleeping over there, so things should be blissfully peaceful here for a couple days. Yay! Not sure what I'll be doing. If John is in bookworm mode, I'll probably start a new book. If he's in TV veg mode, we'll watch a bunch of Criminal Minds. Maybe play some Skip-Bo. If both the boys find their own things to do, I'll probably do some overdue deep cleaning. Maybe hang out with Mrs. Awesome Neighbor.

June 1st, 2012, 7:53 pm #9

I have to attend a graduation of the kid of Mrs. Smirk's best friend and then their family celebration luncheon. For some reason she's making me wear an entire suit - some exclusive private school so supposedly extra fancy pants. I'm trying to get her to compromise on a polo on sport jacket.

DJ.

June 1st, 2012, 7:59 pm #10

What are you doing?

I'm dragging Guitar boy to the San Diego Zoo Safari Park.  (Paging DJ and whitey - I haven't been there in at least 10 years, any tips or must see's?)
I'll be losing my mind. And taking naps.

Safari Park is great. The new tram is still fun but be prepared for long lines. The zip line requires a reservation and is like $150 a person for non-Zoo members. I hear it's fun, though, and plan to do that for my b-day in Sept. I'd recommend getting there really early and pay the extra 5 bucks for preferred parking. Trust me, you'll be glad you didn't have to hike up or down that ungodly steep hill in the parking lot. I think the butterfly's are done but feeding the Lorikeets is always a treat. Have a good time!