I'm a little tea pot

I'm a little tea pot

Appalled
Appalled

January 13th, 2012, 4:47 pm #1

So I'm recently obsessed with making a pot of tea. Yesterday I bought this:

http://www.amazon.com/WhiteLeaf-Teapot- ... B003472996

(for half the price btw)

And I'm using twinnings Irish breakfast tea. My first pot was too bitter.... Steeped too long? The next were good not great. Brewing my first pot of the day right now.

Does anyone else use loose tea and a tea pot?

Aurora
Aurora

January 13th, 2012, 4:48 pm #2

Yes, my tea is positively slutty.

Appalled
Appalled

January 13th, 2012, 5:10 pm #3

Well. That surprises no one.

This pot has a bitter after taste... Maybe I'll try English breakfast tea.

January 13th, 2012, 5:15 pm #4

Twinings Irish Breakfast is my favorite bagged tea. Definitely needs milk and sugar, though. Really good.

Land sakes alive, the steak's alive.

January 13th, 2012, 5:23 pm #5

I use an infuser sorta like this one:

I have loose Green tea and another concoction with Cinnamon, lemon grass, ginger, licorice, echinacea, and lemon myrtle in it. I sweeten with sugar or honey and if its too bitter I'll add milk.

I LOVE rooibos tea. Appy, have you tried that? Cause you should.

"Ta Friggin da"

January 13th, 2012, 5:30 pm #6

Twinings Irish Breakfast is my favorite bagged tea. Definitely needs milk and sugar, though. Really good.

Land sakes alive, the steak's alive.
My favorite blend of bagged tea is Tetley Warmth Cinnamon Spice (from their herbal line). Drank this after brewing the pot and using only boiling water.

Adding honey to it does make a nice touch.

PearlGurl
PearlGurl

January 13th, 2012, 5:31 pm #7

So I'm recently obsessed with making a pot of tea. Yesterday I bought this:

http://www.amazon.com/WhiteLeaf-Teapot- ... B003472996

(for half the price btw)

And I'm using twinnings Irish breakfast tea. My first pot was too bitter.... Steeped too long? The next were good not great. Brewing my first pot of the day right now.

Does anyone else use loose tea and a tea pot?
Some teas benefit from being brewed at a less than full boiling temperature. Try 190 F and see if you get better results.

January 13th, 2012, 5:34 pm #8

I really like that teapot, Appy. What color did you get?

I love tea. I am drinking Japanese green tea at the moment. We have this machine at work that you just put the packets in and it makes single cups (also does simple and fancy coffees plus hot chocolate and something called a Milky Way but I haven't tried that).

Arwen
Arwen

January 13th, 2012, 5:36 pm #9

Is it a Keurig or a Tassimo?

January 13th, 2012, 5:47 pm #10

Some teas benefit from being brewed at a less than full boiling temperature. Try 190 F and see if you get better results.
Oh no PearlGurl. I meant to say that I've drank this tea using only boiling water, then adding one teaspoon of sugar. It doesn't ruin the experience for me.

When I first drank this tea, I wanted to see if it would taste better by adding milk. Surprisingly it does. Also when placing the tea pot on the stove, I have it on the low setting, so when I finally pour it, I still get the flavour.