I can't sleep

I can't sleep

Appalled
Appalled

February 29th, 2012, 7:34 am #1

Because of buffalo chicken sandwiches for dinner, finally watching the latest walking dead and this stupid board. It's been a long time since anything on here bothered me so much.

I would like clairifacation of the rules please...

Who can delete or edit whenever they feel like it?

Whos posts are fair game?

Which posters can call who nasty names without being edited?

And when is ok to threaten someone that you're going to reveal all of their personal info?

For the record, the only posts I edited or deleted were in the "editing is out of control" thread and there are way more posts missing then I ever deleted. I did all my mischief in one go around 730 pm.

Squid can't be more wrong about my goal. I think people like Ginny, neady, cap locks, aurora and their ilk should absolutely keep their power of edit. They know how to use it.

Good, bad or indifferent, I've been posting here a long time and just because you all talk on Facebook and send Xmas cards doesn't make it more your board.

One last thing, I firmly believe either everyone who spews such nastiness gets edited or no one. I've been victim to way worse attacks by people with logins then any anon every dished out.

And THAT was my point.

February 29th, 2012, 10:54 am #2

I don't know what the rules are, nor do I have the power to edit. Nothing that's ever been edited has ever caused me to LOSE SLEEP over what had been posted prior to being edited. Nor have I been kept up at night over who has editing power, who doesn't, and whether or not they are using it correctly. It's a message board. I assume tOdd gave editing power to the people he trusted, and if he hasn't taken it away, they are not doing anything wrong.

That being said, I quit the board for a year, because unlike some people, I grew tired of reading horrible comments made about me, my husband, our children, my house, my morals, my (non-existent) drinking habits and drug use, and my lack of parenting skills. If you honestly think things have been said about you that are worse than that, I don't know what to say. I started posting here in 2002 but I don't write personal information about others down to be brought up later, and I don't remember every nasty thing logged in posters said about other posters. I came back because it is (was) a fun place to be. I decided to take my chances, even though I remained a little disillusioned with the whole place, since I KNEW tOdd knew who my anonattacker was and I would have felt better if my suspicions had been confirmed.

I really am sorry that this is bothering you this much. Have you spoken to tOdd about this? In an email? Maybe he'll change how things are done.

February 29th, 2012, 11:41 am #3

Because of buffalo chicken sandwiches for dinner, finally watching the latest walking dead and this stupid board. It's been a long time since anything on here bothered me so much.

And when is ok to threaten someone that you're going to reveal all of their personal info?

For the record, the only posts I edited or deleted were in the "editing is out of control" thread and there are way more posts missing then I ever deleted. I did all my mischief in one go around 730 pm.

Squid can't be more wrong about my goal. I think people like Ginny, neady, cap locks, aurora and their ilk should absolutely keep their power of edit. They know how to use it.

Good, bad or indifferent, I've been posting here a long time and just because you all talk on Facebook and send Xmas cards doesn't make it more your board.

One last thing, I firmly believe either everyone who spews such nastiness gets edited or no one. I've been victim to way worse attacks by people with logins then any anon every dished out.

And THAT was my point.
Stuff it, Appalled. You went WAY over the line.

February 29th, 2012, 11:44 am #4

And that post will help matters how, TS?

February 29th, 2012, 11:55 am #5

It won't help, I know. But her fake remorse and her Woe Is Me act is too much.

February 29th, 2012, 11:59 am #6

Maybe, but she does seem genuinely upset. I'd cut Appy some slack, personally. Even if I don't agree with her position.

Squid Boy
Squid Boy

February 29th, 2012, 12:17 pm #7

Appy deleted HUGE amounts of things I had to say. Things about this board, my friendships here, some things I was very proud of having said.

Certainly, editing an anon saying mean things about 4 times between three posters yesterday doesn't compare to editing maybe 20 posts by logged in regulars, to the point of UTTERLY erasing some of what they said. Way over the line, and most importantly she knows it.

Wow Appy, you've really lost it. How many times have you snidely mocked me for how much this place got to me in the past? More than I can count.

Now who's the McCrazy?

Last edited by SquiddyBoy on February 29th, 2012, 12:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

February 29th, 2012, 12:21 pm #8

Oh, OK, I'm only now getting the full picture. Hmmm.... Not good.

Appalled
Appalled

February 29th, 2012, 12:30 pm #9

And THAT was my point.
I don't feel remorse nor do I want pity.

I was going for self sacrifice... I sacrificed myself for the greater good.

You missed it TRU!

And Kathleen, you never had indigestion from spicy food, bad dreams from zombies and something you wanted to say all going on at the same time , keeping you awake? Lucky you.

And Squid, how many times have you taken a superior position because you CARE so much? and what you said wasn't so profound, trust me.

and ED.... Hi!

February 29th, 2012, 12:33 pm #10

Oh, OK, I'm only now getting the full picture. Hmmm.... Not good.
I love it. One of my long posts that she deleted pointed out that Appy's trying to escalate this nonsense to the point where the conflict-averse tOdd just strips editing powers - so she runs around editing everything. Since those rules were now violated, maybe not all of them were off the table. I suggested that maybe the only answer was anonther escalation by an untraceable anon to start posting everything they knew.

I mock you Appy if you took that threat seriously - I even said, "before you have a conniption..." in one of my other posts you deleted... but you clearly did have one, McAppy.

Then another long post I talked about how Appy's snide tsk tsking about not sharing personal information and not giving the anons was a valid personal choice, but also kind of sad and pathetic because she doesn't get all the real benefits of this place. The meet-ups, the christmas cards, the hot sauce in the mail, the baseball games, the whatever else everyone has done together.

Again, her choice, but it negates her pro-anon stance completely in my view. She IS an anon for most intents and purposes. Except to a few of us, that is.

I said thank goodness Liz, Kath, Arwen, DJ, Ginny, and others have shared personal information over time, for which they were later viciously attacked by anons. I held that the problem isn't the sharing, as Appy would have you believe, but the allowing of the attacks.

But she deleted all of that too. She's upset because she knows she lost it and that she is absolutely, irrefuteably, without question, WRONG in this case.

The utterly laughable thing is the best response to the editing since we got the power has been to say nothing. Or maybe a mild, "Why that one?" By escalating it like this, it's become an utterly comical shit-show drama circa 2005-2006. Seriously? This is the drama, and you're not having fun?

All I can say is WOW. That is truly new for you Appalled. I've never seen you dance like this! Never, ever McAppy!

So list your clarifications to rules and cite your historical precedents. We don't need rules, we need rational people not putting up with nonsense. They're not weak for 'letting it get to them' - they've got better things to do with their time.