Help with iTunes

Help with iTunes

jiggy
jiggy

April 18th, 2012, 6:38 am #1

OK, I didn't read the directions and have completely messed up my ripped CDs on iTunes.

I downloaded iTunes and was ripping CDs swimmingly until, all of the sudden, CDs were being copied at 1X speed. Not good. So, I turned off the option for getting the song titles from the internet and some other stuff. Now I have a giant section of music that has 10 entries each of "Track 1", "Track 2" ,and so on, all from different albums.

I also have double downloads of albums I wasn't sure were copied correctly the first time because the thing would get stuck on one song for more than an hour so I stopped the download and started over.

Can I fix this without just deleting the content and starting over?

jiggy
jiggy

April 18th, 2012, 7:03 am #2

Also,
I don't know what to click on when iTunes tells me there is more than one istance of Shakira's "Besseme La Kola, Pinche Gringo" and tells me to pick one.

Barkenstein
Barkenstein

April 18th, 2012, 10:24 am #3

And that is why iTunes sucks......

Arwen
Arwen

April 18th, 2012, 1:47 pm #4

I concur. I hate iTunes but I am forced to use it because of Apple. I don't think they could come up with anything that is less user-friendly.

Arwen
Arwen

April 18th, 2012, 1:49 pm #5

OK, I didn't read the directions and have completely messed up my ripped CDs on iTunes.

I downloaded iTunes and was ripping CDs swimmingly until, all of the sudden, CDs were being copied at 1X speed. Not good. So, I turned off the option for getting the song titles from the internet and some other stuff. Now I have a giant section of music that has 10 entries each of "Track 1", "Track 2" ,and so on, all from different albums.

I also have double downloads of albums I wasn't sure were copied correctly the first time because the thing would get stuck on one song for more than an hour so I stopped the download and started over.

You can right click on the music file in iTunes and there is a Properties option (something like that, I don't have iTunes at work) where you can edit the title of the song, since you know the album but it might be easier to start from scratch really.

April 18th, 2012, 2:08 pm #6

Some stuff can be fixed by going into the directory on your hard drive where the files are stored and deleting any duplicates. You can also back up that directory and then nuke and repave iTunes.

'neady
'neady

April 18th, 2012, 3:12 pm #7

You know why this happened don't you, jiggy?
You didn't read all the terms and conditions before accepting.
Psshhh. Smh.

jiggy
jiggy

April 18th, 2012, 3:48 pm #8

Those darned terms and conditions!

OK, there were only a few (like 10 or so) CDs that I copied with the fancy options turned off so I'll just recopy them.
It just seems to me that if the program is capable of obtaining song titles and album art from the internet while you're ripping the CD, it ought to be able to do that whenever you want. Right?

Arwen
Arwen

April 18th, 2012, 3:54 pm #9

Sure but I'm not sure how to get it to do that. Let me know when you find out

jiggy
jiggy

April 18th, 2012, 4:08 pm #10

Stoopid iPhone!
You know this is all your fault, right, Arwen?
It all started with you and your iToilet.