Health Care Law...

Health Care Law...

June 25th, 2012, 3:08 pm #1

What do you guys think?

Will the SCOTUS overturn Obamacare?

I'm sure it comes as no surprise that I think they should not.

I don't think we will be a competitive country for long with out a national plan for Health Care.

I think it's a crime against community not to provide this for all citizens.

Anyway - huge week. The expected ruling for DC this week was described by the NY Times as "...this citys O. J. Simpson verdict crossed with a papal conclavepolarizing, maddeningly unpredictable and shrouded in mysterious signaling. The ruling is expected to come this week, either shortly after 10 a.m. on Monday, the last scheduled day of the term, or on an extra day later in the week.

June 25th, 2012, 3:18 pm #2

Supreme Court sides with U.S. in Arizona immigration case

Washington (CNN) -- The U.S. Supreme Court ruled largely in favor of the federal government Monday in a case involving Arizona's immigration law, but it upheld the most controversial provision involving police checks on people's immigration status while enforcing other laws.

http://www.cnn.com/2012/06/25/politics/ ... ?hpt=hp_t1

$8
$8

June 25th, 2012, 3:21 pm #3

What do you guys think?

Will the SCOTUS overturn Obamacare?

I'm sure it comes as no surprise that I think they should not.

I don't think we will be a competitive country for long with out a national plan for Health Care.

I think it's a crime against community not to provide this for all citizens.

Anyway - huge week. The expected ruling for DC this week was described by the NY Times as "...this citys O. J. Simpson verdict crossed with a papal conclavepolarizing, maddeningly unpredictable and shrouded in mysterious signaling. The ruling is expected to come this week, either shortly after 10 a.m. on Monday, the last scheduled day of the term, or on an extra day later in the week.
I think forcing any citizen to purchase a product (insurance) from a private company with absolutely no price control goes against my understanding of the word freedom.

Healthcare costs and insurance rates have skyrocketed since this turd hit the punchbowl.

AnonoPajama
AnonoPajama

June 25th, 2012, 3:43 pm #4

No, they haven't.

And you're ALREADY PAYING for uninsured citizens. Why should you also reap some of the rewards of the system? Also - this is something that was espoused by Repubs for YEARS (mandatory healthcare), including whathisface leader of the godforsaken Heritage Foundation - until it became a right wing, election-hinging, talking point - and now he's against it. Our pal Romney instituted something similar in his state. People were given a right to be treated in hospital emergengy rooms in 1986 - as signed into law by Reagan - after deaths and stillbirths of people turned away from private hospitals from lack of insurance. Like everything else, it has ballooned out of control. But calling it a turd without educating yourself on it makes you one of the same.

AnonoPajama
AnonoPajama

June 25th, 2012, 4:13 pm #5

should = "shouldn't". Not that it matters at this point.

AnonoPajama
AnonoPajama

June 25th, 2012, 6:51 pm #6

It doesn't. But you already knew that.

June 25th, 2012, 8:51 pm #7

Shame that this response can't be attributed to someone.

June 25th, 2012, 9:36 pm #8

Ahh yes... The obligatory ad hominem.

Well stated anon. You've debated me right into a corner.

The opinions expressed above are the sole opinions of the author and do not reflect actual human thought. Any resemblance to intelligent opinions is purely coincidental.

June 26th, 2012, 10:19 am #9

I'm torn.

I'm for universal health care, but I don't think the government should be forcing people to buy a product from a private company.

The insurance industry has proven time and again that it doesn't represent the best interests of its customers. In fact they represent pretty much the opposite of people's best interests. I don't think forcing people to buy their product is the answer.

If any industry in the country should be socialized, it should be medicine. The problem is that the very rich have somehow convinced most of the poor white trash in this country that socialized medicine is bad for them. I do, however, enjoy the irony of watching the Tea Party morons shouting about the government keeping its hands off their health care - blissfully oblivious to the fact that they are usually the same people whom the current healthcare system would bankrupt if they came down with a major illness.

June 26th, 2012, 10:59 am #10

Never mind all that - if you're torn, get yerself to ER immediately.