Going Vegan

Going Vegan

Comet
Comet

August 8th, 2011, 6:26 pm #1

Hello I am another convertee to veganism. Any vegans out there that can share some easy receipes? Also can someone reccomend a soy yogurt? I eat yogurt as a regular part of my daily routine, so I really do need a substitute for the dairy kind. I tried a vegan chocolate cake yesterday that my friend made using egg replacements, and it was pretty good.

Arwen
Arwen

August 8th, 2011, 6:29 pm #2

Hi Comet
I have a friend that's a vegan and he may have some suggestions. I could put you in touch with him if you email me

Ginny
Ginny

August 8th, 2011, 6:38 pm #3

Hello I am another convertee to veganism. Any vegans out there that can share some easy receipes? Also can someone reccomend a soy yogurt? I eat yogurt as a regular part of my daily routine, so I really do need a substitute for the dairy kind. I tried a vegan chocolate cake yesterday that my friend made using egg replacements, and it was pretty good.
I had a friend growing up who was deathly allergic to eggs and I made her a birthday cake a few times using a little vinegar instead of eggs. I couldn't tell the difference.

Just curious, why go vegan? I don't really care what other people eat, but since you announced it, thought I would ask.

A Citizen
A Citizen

August 8th, 2011, 6:41 pm #4

Hi Comet
I have a friend that's a vegan and he may have some suggestions. I could put you in touch with him if you email me
I was a vegan for about six years-

Happy to help recommend some books for you:

Vegan with a Vengence, by Chandra Moskowitz

30 Minute Vegan, by Mark Reinfeld, Jennifer Murray

Plus I had the raw food vegan meal at this guys restaurant last week in LA:

Raw: The Uncook Book: New Vegetarian Food for Life by Juliano Brotman, Erika Lenkert

May I ask why you are going Vegan?

Comet
Comet

August 8th, 2011, 6:49 pm #5

I had a friend growing up who was deathly allergic to eggs and I made her a birthday cake a few times using a little vinegar instead of eggs. I couldn't tell the difference.

Just curious, why go vegan? I don't really care what other people eat, but since you announced it, thought I would ask.
Thanks for all the book reccomendations and the vinegar suggestion. I just don't like eating animal products or products that come from animals. I have been lacto vegetarian for a long time and now it is just about not eating dairy anymore. I am not looking to convert anyone to my way of thinking, but if I don't need to eat meat for survival then why should I. The mom and pop farms are a thing of the past and I am disgusted by "factory farming".

Ginny
Ginny

August 8th, 2011, 6:52 pm #6

That's cool, I was just wondering. Like I said, I really don't care what other people eat and I didn't get the vibe you were trying to be preachy about it, at all.

Comet
Comet

August 8th, 2011, 6:55 pm #7

Thanks Arwen. I just sent you an email.

Anny
Anny

August 8th, 2011, 6:59 pm #8

I would die if I went Vegan. Literally. I survive on dairy and meat.

Lea
Lea

August 8th, 2011, 7:22 pm #9

Try the Skinny Bitch books. They are vegan and have some good suggestions.

I was vegan for about a month after watching Food, Inc.

ILBT
ILBT

August 8th, 2011, 7:25 pm #10

Aren't eggs an animal product?