Give it Back!

Give it Back!

Lea
Lea

August 30th, 2011, 11:01 pm #1

My Mac ate my Netflix DVD and now doesnt even recognize the DVD player. The application status is "invalid". I took it to some Mac folks and they told me it would be $50 to take the computer apart to retrieve the disk. Does anyone have any better ideas?

August 30th, 2011, 11:28 pm #2

Almost all dvd players (yes, even the ones in computers) have a small hole somewhere on the face. You can insert a paper clip or similar object into that hole to release the latch and open the tray.

I don't know about macs though. Steve Jobs may have decided that mack users can't have those kind of options with his products.

August 30th, 2011, 11:58 pm #3

Also note: When inserting the paper clip, it should go in strait. Not at an angle.

August 31st, 2011, 2:50 am #4

googled it...http://hints.macworld.com/article.php?s ... 4211608242

They say leave it alone, it will eject on it's own.
Also, shut down and re boot. Eject will work.
Hold down the eject button while rebooting.

Hope one of those works...

Lea
Lea

August 31st, 2011, 12:12 pm #5

Thanks guys and thank for googling Liu. I had already done that and tried those things in addition to bringing up another app that uses the eject like itunes and control/E.

They tried sticking in a long skinny metal object while I was at Onyx (the mac place).

sigh. I think taking apart the computer is my only option.

August 31st, 2011, 3:20 pm #6

Well if you have reached that level, all I can add is small explosives can make the experience more interesting.

Just kidding... sort of.

August 31st, 2011, 3:56 pm #7

I'm sorry none of those work. And happy to search, it's my tech support now that we switched to mac at work and our IT department is as lost as I am with challenges.

Lea
Lea

August 31st, 2011, 6:18 pm #8

How frustrating for you to deal with this kind of mess at work, Liu.

Im hoping that it just pops out on its own.

Now, my integrity comes into question as I ponder actually telling Netflix that I "lost" of their dvds OR blame it on the post office and get a freebie. hmmmm.

Also, does anyone know where I can get some C4?