Friday Vacation Dreaming

Friday Vacation Dreaming

Ginny
Ginny

June 8th, 2012, 6:00 pm #1

If you haven't noticed, I like to talk about vacations a lot. It's one of my obsessive thought topics.

Anywhoo, after much deliberation I think the big vacation (other than Vegas for Thanksgiving) is going to be an all-inclusive resort in Mexico. I am having a hard time deciding where - Cancun, Puerto Vallarta, or Cabo San Lucas. I feel comfortable travelling to all those places based on my research.

I've been to Cabo before and I love it - And I know it's safe (murder rates in that area are half of the general US). But since I've already been there I feel like I should go someplace else.

I'm pretty sure I'm going to one of these places because they don't allow kids. They have resorts in all the places I'm interested in.

http://www.secretsresorts.com/

What say you guys? Anyone going anywhere fun that will make me reconsider my plans completely?

A Citizen
A Citizen

June 8th, 2012, 6:07 pm #2

I've heard about problems in Cancun and Acopulco with violence.

My pic would be Europe. The Euro is really cheap right now. If you haven't been- it's probably the right time.

Ginny
Ginny

June 8th, 2012, 6:16 pm #3

Not all that interested in Europe right now. I want a spa and a beach. Aculpulco has probalems but it's not on my list. Cancun is not on any warning lists, and I know people who have been there recently and it's been great. My boss is going there next month. He practically ran out of Aculpulco, though. That's why I'm not going there.

June 8th, 2012, 6:21 pm #4

My friend just got back from Playa Del Carmen and had zero issues with violence or anything, and they spent all but one day off the resort.

Ginny
Ginny

June 8th, 2012, 6:28 pm #5

I'm kind of lumping Playa Del Carmen/Cozumel in with Cancun. Actually I think more and more it's going to be in that area. I just don't want to spend hours on a bus after being on a plane, and I think the major airport is in cancun.

DJ.

June 8th, 2012, 7:27 pm #6

My bestie goes to Puerta Vallarta all the time since it's a gay vacation mecca and his sugar daddy has a villa down there. He loves it.

Ginny
Ginny

June 8th, 2012, 7:42 pm #7

Yeah, I love the idea of staying at an adults only resort there. I first saw this place I posted above because they have gay oriented packages there. I would so rather be around a bunch of gay guys than kids! Or maybe worse, college kids. I guess it used to be Aculpulco but the vibe there is tense now.

But Cancun seems so... Caribbean. I like that idea. Seems more like a different world.

Lisa
Lisa

June 8th, 2012, 7:44 pm #8

My bestie goes to Puerta Vallarta all the time since it's a gay vacation mecca and his sugar daddy has a villa down there. He loves it.
I haven't had any type of vacation in almost 2 years. I've been trying to get the hub to take a trip to Maine. We shall see, but it won't be for awhile . . . I also have big dreams of going to Ireland, and other places. I want to visit Arwen and also see San Francisco again. And New York. I luh NY!
Mexico sounds awesome, Ginnay. You should go!

CapsLock
CapsLock

June 8th, 2012, 7:44 pm #9

Yeah, I love the idea of staying at an adults only resort there. I first saw this place I posted above because they have gay oriented packages there. I would so rather be around a bunch of gay guys than kids! Or maybe worse, college kids. I guess it used to be Aculpulco but the vibe there is tense now.

But Cancun seems so... Caribbean. I like that idea. Seems more like a different world.
You want the SCUBA? I teach you the SCUBA

Kohsblocks
Kohsblocks

June 8th, 2012, 8:07 pm #10

I haven't had any type of vacation in almost 2 years. I've been trying to get the hub to take a trip to Maine. We shall see, but it won't be for awhile . . . I also have big dreams of going to Ireland, and other places. I want to visit Arwen and also see San Francisco again. And New York. I luh NY!
Mexico sounds awesome, Ginnay. You should go!
Oh God in Heaven Above, I need a Vacation.

I've never been to any of the places Ginn-ay mentioned, but I'D LIKE TO.