Elton John's 3000th public performance

Appalled
Appalled

October 11th, 2011, 4:31 pm #11

Looks great! You guys do the coolest things

Lea
Lea

October 11th, 2011, 6:00 pm #12

I can hardly look at those pics without getting emotional. I love Elton so much!

October 11th, 2011, 6:29 pm #13

He was here in September - did two shows. We couldn't get tickets, although we tried (there were only 5000 seats each night and tickets sold out within an hour) but friends who went said it was spectacular. Just him and his piano, no backing band, no special effects. Tickets were between $80 and $120.

Seinfeld is coming in December... not sure if he'll garner the same frenzy as Sir Elton did, but we might try to get tickets.

ETA: PS Chas I just sent your list to a friend who was there, and that's pretty much the same setlist as he played here, with a couple of substitutions.
Great pics!
Last edited by jeez_louise on October 11th, 2011, 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jo
jo

October 11th, 2011, 6:33 pm #14

I can hardly look at those pics without getting emotional. I love Elton so much!
dayum those pics make need that concert

looks fabulous

October 11th, 2011, 7:59 pm #15

Lea, There were a few times during the show that I caught myself wanting to cry. It WAS that emotional.

Hmmm, what does that say about my manhood? Ehh, I guess it would take a real man to admit such a thing, so there you go.

jo
jo

October 11th, 2011, 8:54 pm #16

tru dat Chas

I can't listen to Levon without shedding tears, ever

Elton's tunes besides being great take me back to so many fun times. My sister's album collection when I was 8, hearing Tower of Babel at
bf's house during the 70's, high school slow dances and Don't let the Sun go down on me, AM top 40 before school and Crocodile Rock, wondering why All the Young Girls love Alice then figuring it out and going ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh.
Even had Your Song as our wedding song.

Elton at one time owned the Watford football club which is where my relatives live in England,and although I've been to the stadium and the clubhouse, I never saw him although my cousins have and he played the stadium countless times. One cousin who worked for British Telecom (phone co) got to go into one of his homes in Watford to fix his wiring ---heh--

October 11th, 2011, 9:11 pm #17

c'mon, weep with me!

1971<object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="420" height="315"></embed></object>

shelley
shelley

October 12th, 2011, 2:05 am #18

I had the honor of seeing Sir Elton with Billy Joel at the MGM Grand about 5 years ago. Best concert ever. 3+ hours, each played solo and then played together. From the moment those 2 grand pianos rose onto the stage it was magic, and very emotional. Your post brought it all back. Thanks ! Great set list !