Divorce

Divorce

June 1st, 2012, 3:40 pm #1

Well, after 26 year years this June 15th, my wife and I have agreed to get a divorce. The reasons are many, and this morning we both looked at each other and tearfully admitted that this is about two years late in coming. She filed last week, I am seeing my attorney at 1:30 EST this afternoon.

I know some of you have been through it before. This is my first time. I have expressed to my wife and my kids, I plan to be an upstanding guy- a good father, and I will try to be the best ex ever. Gives me a new focus on my life, good or bad that will hopefully let us grow as people more than as a couple. We are both good people, just with crappy circumstances.

Anyway- you guys have been super supportive- always with a good word and well wishes. Haven't posted this on FB. She changed her status from married to single the other day- and de-friended me, which I laughed at (with her in the room).
We are at a very good place, right now.

Hope we can keep it on a fast track and move it along at a good pace.

June 1st, 2012, 3:42 pm #2

Oh AC I'm sorry. I hope you can keep up the good relations.

"Ta Friggin da"

June 1st, 2012, 3:43 pm #3

Well, after 26 year years this June 15th, my wife and I have agreed to get a divorce. The reasons are many, and this morning we both looked at each other and tearfully admitted that this is about two years late in coming. She filed last week, I am seeing my attorney at 1:30 EST this afternoon.

I know some of you have been through it before. This is my first time. I have expressed to my wife and my kids, I plan to be an upstanding guy- a good father, and I will try to be the best ex ever. Gives me a new focus on my life, good or bad that will hopefully let us grow as people more than as a couple. We are both good people, just with crappy circumstances.

Anyway- you guys have been super supportive- always with a good word and well wishes. Haven't posted this on FB. She changed her status from married to single the other day- and de-friended me, which I laughed at (with her in the room).

So very, very sorry.

I'm sure the reasons are solid. That doesn't make them any less painful.

If I can do anything, listen to anything, whatever Citizen, I'm yours.

You'll both be fine I'm sure, but it's still really really sad.

June 1st, 2012, 3:48 pm #4

Oh, AC, that must've been a very hard decision for you both. I'm here for ya. ((((AC))))

June 1st, 2012, 3:49 pm #5

Oh AC, I'm so sorry. I know you've said "good place" but this really gives me a case of the sads.

Good vibes to you, the soon to be ex and the child. Hit me up if you need anything. You know where to find me.

June 1st, 2012, 3:52 pm #6

Oh, AC, that must've been a very hard decision for you both. I'm here for ya. ((((AC))))
I'm very sorry AC.

(((AC)))

June 1st, 2012, 3:56 pm #7

So very, very sorry.

I'm sure the reasons are solid. That doesn't make them any less painful.

If I can do anything, listen to anything, whatever Citizen, I'm yours.

You'll both be fine I'm sure, but it's still really really sad.
Sorry to hear this, AC. Sounds like both of you are off to a good, non-bitter start. My Mom and Dad got divorced years ago when they were much younger. Now they're old and really enjoy one another's company once a year or so when they're forced to be together. My Mom likes to say, "We were young together".

I wish you the best of luck on your new single-hood.

I'm sure you will be an upstanding ex. Your ex is a lucky lady to have you as an ex.

June 1st, 2012, 4:06 pm #8

I am very sorry to hear it as well. Thinking good thoughts for the both of you and your kids.

Emokid is throwing slomo dove at my face, I guess that means he flipped me the bird
<i>Emokid is throwing slomo dove at my face, I guess that means he flipped me the bird</i>

June 1st, 2012, 4:13 pm #9

I am so very sorry, AC. It sounds like you have been through a lot together. I hope you both find happiness, but how sad, after all these years together. I just can't wrap my head around it.

Did you try therapy?

June 1st, 2012, 4:30 pm #10

Sorry to hear that, but hopefully everyone can move through it and come out good in the end.

Welcome to the club!